Final nail...

So in the last patch, they changed the rules of the races... 

Pre patch, if you didn't qualify and go race directly, next races of a round used reverse championship grid starts. 

Now, for some reason, grid starts are completely random... although the championship runner seems to start high pretty often. This completely kills the thrill of the game, and blatantly makes it another boring arcade racer at it's core. Previously, you could end the race in mid positions and still fight the championship because of the reverse start. Now, it's a simple "chase the rabbit" as most arcade games.

I just gave up on this mess. I have about 70% of the career completed, x2 races and hard. I just lowered the game at x1 and medium just to breeze it, finish it, and never play it again.

I tought I would buy the DLC down the line, but now I don't care anymore, really. This game ended being the most disappointing release of the gen for me. They made the lowest effort possible.

Codemasters went WAAAAAY downhill in 2019, but this game is the worst of them all. Good luck trying to sell me either F1 or Dirt 5. No, thank you. I'm done until things are made good again. 

Thank you. Have a nice day everyone.

• Agree 2

At first, the topic was about letting you guys about this uninformed change. But as I wrote, I became more and more angry, lol. So it ended being a big rant rather than a feature change that they didn't seem to care, even if it's a bug (the mod does not even show up here anymore, they game is just dead for CM as it is for some of us).

So yeah, sorry about that. But probably it's my goodbye topic as well. Probably I'll finish the game during the weekend and will uninstall it for good. Such a shame, it had potential if they would have care for it more than they did.

Anyway, I still respect people that likes it and plays it, of course. Not anymore for me tho. So, good gaming everyone 😁 cya around.

11 hours ago, Leocp said:

Good luck trying to sell me either F1 or Dirt 5.

It seems they aren't expecting good community response with Dirt 5 either, because they are not opening a discussion forum for Dirt 5, only Discord nonsense. If you are on PC, remember that you can refund on Steam, so no worries about trying a game and refunding if disappointed.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

It seems they aren't expecting good community response with Dirt 5 either, because they are not opening a discussion forum for Dirt 5, only Discord nonsense. If you are on PC, remember that you can refund on Steam, so no worries about trying a game and refunding if disappointed.

E: Nevermind you've already talked to PJ.

Edited by UP100

18 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Read first the rules about it tho so you dont play to long and aren't able to get a refund anymore.   😉

1 hour ago, Assiemodis said:

Read first the rules about it tho so you dont play to long and aren't able to get a refund anymore.   😉

Oh, I'm intimately familiar with Steam's refund rules. 😂

This is my way of testing games, after all, since almost nobody bothers to release a demo of their crappy games anymore.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Oh, I'm intimately familiar with Steam's refund rules. 😂

This is my way of testing games, after all, since almost nobody bothers to release a demo of their crappy games anymore.

Oh I had no doubt you are aware of the rules, so eventhough it looks it was directed to you cause I quoted you, it was more directed to the unexperienced steam user that read your post.   :classic_wink:

Edited by Assiemodis
  • Agree 1

On 5/15/2020 at 7:35 AM, Leocp said:

Pre patch, if you didn't qualify and go race directly, next races of a round used reverse championship grid starts. 

Now, for some reason, grid starts are completely random... although the championship runner seems to start high pretty often. This completely kills the thrill of the game, and blatantly makes it another boring arcade racer at it's core. Previously, you could end the race in mid positions and still fight the championship because of the reverse start. Now, it's a simple "chase the rabbit" as most arcade games

7f3611d60c269f57831de3441cae21fa.jpg

When you think it's impossible to ruin more

CMs: hold my beer

• Haha 3

Oh great, another thing they did wrong that I wasn't aware of.

Didn't have such frustration with a post launch development since Assetto Corsa for consoles.

AI for this game is what spoils it for me. Reverse grid racing, what's the point if the ai cars don't overtake each other? Reported on day 1, months later no improvements. I actually like the way the game plays but it's so poor in many areas. Not an f1 fan at all but gave f1 2018 ago when it was free to play for 3 days a month or two ago. That's how you make a racing game! Purchased it within 2 hours of playing it and I hate F1 🤣