Game crashes if I try to enter Scotland

Posted (edited)

I was in 2nd season on my Rally Career and 5th location was Scotland which is listed in the Flat Out Pack, and I was using Subaru Impreza 1995 which is also listed in Flat Out Pack I think. When I tried to enter the stage the game crashed when it started loading Scotland. I restarted the game but the game crashed again. Then I tried to enter Scotland through Time Trial but game crashed again. Then I tried entering Germany with Subaru Impreza 1995 and Subaru S4 Rally, the stage opened but the cars had missing bumpers, doors, spoilers, roof, etc. Then I tried opening Scotland with using a different car, Opel Kadett, but the game crashed again.

Then I opened game's properties on Steam and checked DLC section to see if Flat Out Pack is installed or not. It was installed. Then I removed the DLC from the game and opened it again and the game asked me to remove content to continue playing the game so now I know the DLC is uninstalled. I closed the game without choosing anything. Then I put a tick in the install box of Flat Out Pack on Steam but Steam didn't download anything. Then I opened the game and it shows as I have the Flat Out Pack content. Then I tried to enter Scotland and the game crashed again.

Next, I tried to reinstall the game because I thought maybe there is something wrong with the installation now but seeing it is still crashing at the same points I think there is something else wrong with this. I didn't have any problems using Subaru Impreza 1995 for 10 stages and the Scotland stage really broke all DLC Subarus, all of them have missing parts now.

I also checked game's installation folder, and in /locations folder there is no Scotland map. All the other DLC tracks are there named properly so I think the game recognizes that I have the DLC but can't install it properly but I may be wrong. Can somebody please help me solve this problem?

After trying out now after deleting my save files, the cars seem to work properly but the game still crashes on Scotland.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_9.png

Edited by Gurfield
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Try a Steam verify (file integrity check), given that you miss the uk_scotland*.* files and to recheck the rest. Try also to temporarily switch your download location on the Steam client, could be a mess up on Steam side.

Edited by AlleyViper

I have already tried integrity check twice and it didn't download anything, says everything is fine. I really don't know how can I get Steam to download that location file.

i'm having the same problem, too! hopefully there's a fix for it without re-downloading the whole game.

Posted (edited)

Delete the locations folder and try to verify again

edit: Saw that you had reinstalled the game already but you can at least try

Edited by somethingthing

the location folder has 77 GB's so i don't want to delete all the files. But i cannot find a scotland location file in there. Any idea?

Posted (edited)

Sadly it is taking me too long to reinstall all those files. Downloading the whole game took me 20 hours as Internet speeds are not very fast in Turkey. I sent a mail to the customer service with my dxdiag file and now waiting for an answer.

But I tried creating a fake location file named uk__scotland_rally and uk__scotland_rally_01, uk__scotland_rally_02 and then tried to verify as if those were the name of the location files Steam would correct them because their size would be wrong but Steam just says everything is okay. Or I might have given them wrong names as I don't know what the Scotland location files are called originally.

By the way, can someone who has no problem with the Scotland map tell me if there is a map file for Scotland in locations folder in the game's installation directory. If so, can you also tell me the full name of the file so that I can try verifying with Steam again?

Edited by Gurfield

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gurfield said:

Sadly it is taking me too long to reinstall all those files. Downloading the whole game took me 20 hours as Internet speeds are not very fast in Turkey. I sent a mail to the customer service with my dxdiag file and now waiting for an answer.

But I tried creating a fake location file named uk__scotland_rally and uk__scotland_rally_01, uk__scotland_rally_02 and then tried to verify as if those were the name of the location files Steam would correct them because their size would be wrong but Steam just says everything is okay. Or I might have given them wrong names as I don't know what the Scotland location files are called originally.

By the way, can someone who has no problem with the Scotland map tell me if there is a map file for Scotland in locations folder in the game's installation directory. If so, can you also tell me the full name of the file so that I can try verifying with Steam again?

uk__scotland_rally_03.nerfs

uk__scotland_rally_04.nerfs

copy one of the locations you got and rename it to the scotland names. Maybe steam will notice something is wrong with the files then and validate.

Edited by somethingthing

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the location names 🙂 Trying now

Edit: Didn't work for me either 😞

Edited by Gurfield

Posted (edited)

unfortunately i forgot to delete the two dummy files (uk__scotland_rally_03.nefs and  uk__scotland_rally_04.nerfs) before redownloading. But nevertheless redownloading or checking file integrity should solve this issue!

Edited by Makromatic

I did everything I could with file integrity and redownloading, sadly there is still nothing that gives me the maps.

lol, maybe somebody could upload these two files for us....or we need to hope for help from Codies! Have a nice day!

So customer service returns with a brilliant solution:

"According to the latest information you have sent us, your graphics card drivers are out of date.

Can you, therefore, please download and install the latest drivers for your Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card from www.nvidia.com (click on "Download drivers", then choose the correct links)."

Apparently, not being able to enter a stage in a game that I have played for 12 hours straight without any problem is because I haven't installed a driver for a week. When did this game came out? Last week? Is this really the solution coming from somebody who makes a living out of giving solutions for people's problems? I updated my drivers and the game still crashes. What am I supposed to do now wipe my screen with a tissue so that the error message might go away? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

my driver is uptodate, i think we need these files...

Edited by Makromatic

I have the same error when I'm going to start the DLC career and my graphic drivers (GTX 1050 Ti) are up to date. 

Please, PJTierney

Posted (edited)

while the companies may try to look into this issue, in the meantime you need a friend to send you the missing nefs (make a backup when you get them as well).  and it will start to work. 

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1

Sadly, none of my friends play racing games so I can't get them that way 😞 

Just for extra data @Gurfield, mention what game edition this is, like recently bought GOTY or long ago bought season passes individually or other combination. Oh and Windows version. Coz only bn's solution worked for someone else we encountered in a discord. 

I bought Super Deluxe Edition from GreenManGaming, and then bought Season 3+4 from Steam.

1 minute ago, Gurfield said:

I bought Super Deluxe Edition from GreenManGaming, and then bought Season 3+4 from Steam.

Wait, what? 'Super' Deluxe is basically 'GOTY' as it included everything ... ? Did you NEED to buy 3+4 after that?

I actually only needed Colin McRae Flat Out Pack, as I already had Seasons 3+4 included in the Super Deluxe Edition, you are right on that. I just bought Seasons 3+4 on Steam seeing it included Colin McRae Flat Out Pack and Steam showed me that I don't have Seasons 3+4 DLC. That's why I bought Seasons 3+4 DLC.

First, I bought Super Deluxe Edition. Then I bought Seasons 3+4 on Steam because it showed that I don't have that DLC. But that Super Deluxe Edition included everything on Seasons 3+4 DLC except Colin McRae Flat Out Pack.

1 minute ago, Gurfield said:

I actually only needed Colin McRae Flat Out Pack, as I already had Seasons 3+4 included in the Super Deluxe Edition, you are right on that. I just bought Seasons 3+4 on Steam seeing it included Colin McRae Flat Out Pack and Steam showed me that I don't have Seasons 3+4 DLC. That's why I bought Seasons 3+4 DLC.

First, I bought Super Deluxe Edition. Then I bought Seasons 3+4 on Steam because it showed that I don't have that DLC. But that Super Deluxe Edition included everything on Seasons 3+4 DLC except Colin McRae Flat Out Pack.

Ok, so timing question - when did you buy the Super Deluxe? Before flatout pack was announced, or after, or even after it was released? Because Flatout Pack supposed to be included if you bought it early enough by default? >_> Oh well, it is a sunday. Shame my internet is a sleepyhead, i could've helped more than just ask background info.