Game crashes if I try to enter Scotland

I bought it after the announcement. I have seen that they gave Flat Out Pack for owners of Super Deluxe Edition before the DLC came out. I bought Super Deluxe Edition 7th May and then bought Seasons 3+4 to get Flat Out Pack on 9th May.

that's not the problem. I've bought the Deluxe 2.0 package (season 3+4) and got the FlatoutPack for free. As you can see i own both of them in the picture:

DirtRally2.png

But, Super Deluxe Edition doesn't contain Seasons 3+4 DLC and Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack DLC on Steam. You can check that on https://steamdb.info/sub/440750/apps/ . I have played the game with only the Super Deluxe Edition content for some hours and in-game Colin McRae Career tab told me to buy Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack to play it.

@Gurfield Something to try out real quickly, can you log out of Steam and log in again?

1 hour ago, Gurfield said:

I did.

Okay, that rules that out then.

If anything else comes up I'll let you know.

Posted (edited)

Okay, it has been two days since I last got an e-mail from Codemasters and I don't think this regional key is capable of working with Steam bought DLCs. Seeing there is not a chance this DLC working correctly on my version of the game I am going to permanently delete the game from my account and buy it GOTY edition from Steam.

Edited by Gurfield

Posted (edited)

And it seems exactly as I suspected it, Super Deluxe Edition regional keys are not capable of working with Steam bought DLCs. I just bought GOTY Edition from Steam after permanently deleting Super Deluxe Edition and now Steam downloads 5.4 GB more. I will update the situation here if I can enter Scotland stages after the download is complete.

Edit: The update is finishing in an hour.

Edited by Gurfield

Okay. Now, it works and downloaded every single DLC without any issues and it doesn't crash. I can play at Scotland.

However, please fix this for others. I just paid full price for a game that was 60% off when I bought it from both GMG and Steam. There is some false advertisement going on with GMG, and Steam database doesn't register a Super Deluxe Edition version having Colin McRae DLC I would say or they don't work in combination. Please Codemasters do something for this so that others wouldn't get scammed.

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 1:47 PM, PJTierney said:

Okay, that rules that out then.

If anything else comes up I'll let you know.

@PJTierney, I have Super Deluxe Edition on Steam, I have all DLCs available in the game, but Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack not activated in the game and they offer me to buy it, help me

Edited by PJTierney
Fixing that ungodly formatting you pasted into the message.

13 hours ago, Gurfield said:

Okay, it has been two days since I last got an e-mail from Codemasters and I don't think this regional key is capable of working with Steam bought DLCs. Seeing there is not a chance this DLC working correctly on my version of the game I am going to permanently delete the game from my account and buy it GOTY edition from Steam.

13 hours ago, Gurfield said:

And it seems exactly as I suspected it, Super Deluxe Edition regional keys are not capable of working with Steam bought DLCs. I just bought GOTY Edition from Steam after permanently deleting Super Deluxe Edition and now Steam downloads 5.4 GB more. I will update the situation here if I can enter Scotland stages after the download is complete.

Edit: The update is finishing in an hour.

12 hours ago, Gurfield said:

Okay. Now, it works and downloaded every single DLC without any issues and it doesn't crash. I can play at Scotland.

However, please fix this for others. I just paid full price for a game that was 60% off when I bought it from both GMG and Steam. There is some false advertisement going on with GMG, and Steam database doesn't register a Super Deluxe Edition version having Colin McRae DLC I would say or they don't work in combination. Please Codemasters do something for this so that others wouldn't get scammed.

That's good research, thanks for diagnosing this. I can let people know.

2 hours ago, DaniFiIth said:

@PJTierney, I have Super Deluxe Edition on Steam, I have all DLCs available in the game, but Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack not activated in the game and they offer me to buy it, help me

Hmm. Only thing I can think of is that some Steam Depots didn't make it to your machine. Can you try Validating Game Files to see if that helps?

The pack is part of the Super Deluxe, it's bundled in the same entitlement license as any of the Seasons.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Hmm. Only thing I can think of is that some Steam Depots didn't make it to your machine. Can you try Validating Game Files to see if that helps?

The pack is part of the Super Deluxe, it's bundled in the same entitlement license as any of the Seasons.

file integrity checked, everything writes in order, but the FLAT OUT Pack is still not available

This add-on is not among the free ones for me, although it should be one

you can help with getting it, I want to play a lot but the second time there is no desire to pay for what I already paid for!?

Edited by DaniFiIth

I agree, you shouldn't have to pay twice.

I don't have an answer for you right now though.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:54 AM, Gurfield said:

Do you still have the key from when you bought the game on Green Man Gaming?

If so send me a PM.