Lee Mather Responds to Scanned Tracks

5 minutes ago, UP100 said:

The engine is constantly evolving, there is no reason to create a new one if the current one can be modified. I mean just look at how the visuals evolved from F1 2017 to F1 2018! EGO 3 is also just five years old as of now 🙂

Now that we're moving to a new generation of consoles, the graphics guys will have significantly more that they can now include thanks to the added processing power! DIRT 5 will be running at 1080p120fps or 4k60fps while still looking nice!

Loved those developer diary videos and would love to see them return again one day, maybe for the first next gen games to showcase what they’ve managed to accomplish with the extra hardware power.

i agree with what you say though, I don’t doubt that there’s a lot more they could accomplish with the current game engine, and with the work they’ve invested into it over the years. I think the main reason people feel the need for them to start over is where they see bugs that return from previous years and put it down to fundamental problems with the engine itself.  

Either way I’m personally excited to see what they can achieve with the next gen power, the improvements they managed to make visually even with the current gen has been really impressive (the last few years in particular).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Can't confirm everything at the moment @TheWalker17, just the Suzuka one I can confirm for now. 

Personally the bump at suzuka was fine.

Spend as many hours as we do testing for the full distance race and you notice every nook and cranny. 

I still say the only bump that really needed addressing was the crazy bump just before 2nd corner at the Red bull GP track. 

As I've mentioned before that bump literally jerks the wheel even with FFB turned down.

.last time I tracked day at snetterton. I couldn't believe how smooth track was .but go back to the original track 10 years ago and you could feel bumps .

Mind you the bomb hole is still there along with the monster tree. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

The engine is constantly evolving, there is no reason to create a new one if the current one can be modified. I mean just look at how the visuals evolved from F1 2017 to F1 2018! EGO 3 is also just five years old as of now 🙂

Now that we're moving to a new generation of consoles, the graphics guys will have significantly more that they can now include thanks to the added processing power! DIRT 5 will be running at 1080p120fps or 4k60fps while still looking nice!

I speak ignorant on the subject ... all the bugs (and there are many in F1 2019), aren't they partly due to the graphic and physical model? creating a new model for both with the release of the new consoles, wouldn't it bring benefits?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting interview. I think we don't really need the VR, atleast at the moment. There are so many more important things that the game need.

Edited by F1Alonso14

For real, I don't think most or all of the tracks need to be rebuild and remodeled, just a few one that is quite outdated. Them being:

Bahrain Sector 3
China Sector 3 (just a little bit of elevation on the entry of both straights)
Canada Sector 2
Baku Kerbs (FOR GOD'S SAKE)
GB Sector 1 and S's
Hungary Sector 3
Belgium Sector 2 and Bus Stop
USA Sector 3
Mexico Sector 3
Abu Dhabi Sector 1

Maybe they'll change it for next year's game, but in comparison to real life, most tracks are quite realistic even in F1 2019, but a little remodeling update would be really REALLY good.

• Like 1