Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

@BarryBL, can you inform by @Hoo if it's possible that the UDP data for 2020 can be released a bit early this year? A few weeks/days before release would be awesome, so we can build dashes and leaderboards and have them ready when it releases.

thnx in advance!

Will pass on @AlexTT, seems sensible. UDP stuff is on my to do list, I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Will pass on @AlexTT, seems sensible. UDP stuff is on my to do list, I'll see what I can do.

Thnx! Would be great so we can get the stuff out on release and not start programming on release.

1 hour ago, AlexTT said:

Thnx! Would be great so we can get the stuff out on release and not start programming on release.

From previous experience this stuff is accessible and there is feedback from the beta, so I hope you applied.

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

From previous experience this stuff is accessible and there is feedback from the beta, so I hope you applied.

Applied yes, accepted no🤣 just call me a fortune teller😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 9:14 PM, steviejay69 said:

Like I said, not accepted. They rather use people who almost don't post on here, or arent critical, in stead of people who speak their mind and also contribute a lot on stuff like simhub dashboards and leaderboards and do actually have a post count and high upvotes.

So it's proven once again that CM rather select a lot of people who have none to low input and critisism then people like us. 

point made, and proven to be truth again. This is how CM evades critical people and excludes them from beta's because they can't handle critism. 

Edited by AlexTT

Alex, I'm more than happy to discuss with you in PM's as you are someone who contributes to these forums. Therefore, I can understand your frustration. I think 'evades critical people' is a little unfair, as they are plenty of forum users who are critical, as my notifications keep reminding me. 😛 

Just, for my sanity, could you give me a week. I think that's a fair enough thing to ask for. We're just inundated at the moment, and I'm 'somewhat' busy/going mad 👍

To comment on the UDP stuff, I have an update.

Our plan is to release this after the BETA is complete, and we have a 'locked in' spec. It's mostly there in truth, we just want it to be right of course. We are confident that, all goes well, we can release earlier than game release for sure. We'll get it available as soon as we can, we just don't want discussion generated on the main forums about the BETA, which has happened in the past.

But to answer your question @AlexTT, yes we will make it available before release and plan to as soon as we can as long as all goes well.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Alex, I'm more than happy to discuss with you in PM's as you are someone who contributes to these forums. Therefore, I can understand your frustration. I think 'evades critical people' is a little unfair, as they are plenty of forum users who are critical, as my notifications keep reminding me. 😛 

Just, for my sanity, could you give me a week. I think that's a fair enough thing to ask for. We're just inundated at the moment, and I'm 'somewhat' busy/going mad 👍

Well everybody is entitled to his/her opinion, so is mine. You can find it unfair, i may find it exactly what it is. The rest i will maybe discuss in pm with you, but i don't see the point why I should tbh. 

for me CM has once again proven how they handle people who openly critize them and are negative towards them because of their own behaviour. 

and when i see replies of forum user who just have LITTLE TO NONE posts or whatever on this forum beeing chosen for the beta, that's the cherry on top. That proves just that a lot of serious and critical people are exluded at the cost of the "not so critical and new users" 

screw the people who actually try ro give feedback whatsoever and make contributions in any way like the dashes. 
people who actually know what they are talking about.

that's why i won't buy the 2020 edition for a loooong time, or it had to be 1 buck or so. This is why I'm done with CM and their "friend politics"

and @BarryBL I'm far from frustrated. I'm just overjoyed that CM has again confirmed everything I always said. Truth hurts i know.

Edited by AlexTT

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Our plan is to release this after the BETA is complete, and we have a 'locked in' spec. It's mostly there in truth, we just want it to be right of course. We are confident that, all goes well, we can release earlier than game release for sure. We'll get it available as soon as we can, we just don't want discussion generated on the main forums about the BETA, which has happened in the past.

But to answer your question @AlexTT, yes we will make it available before release and plan to as soon as we can as long as all goes well.

Yeah well, frankly I'm not putting in any effort anymore to build to anything related to CM and their politics how they treat and handle serious community members.

why should i? I like the community, but to build something, I have to buy it to test it, and after this proven "BETA screw people like us who critisize and build cool stuff for the community over for people who arent active in any way with low post count, who just registered, no upvotes and all that ********" 

CM can shove it up their ass

Edited by AlexTT

@AlexTT you've shot yourself in the foot right there my friend. Really you need some time away. Say a game cycle, don't buy 2020, don't visit the forum.

Or as long as it takes. And I think you owe an apology to be honest.

• Agree 1

I would also like to get started on porting my code to the updated UDP spec.  Any update on when Beta will be finished and the polished spec can be released?

On 5/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, BarryBL said:

Hello @BarryBL

Some news ?

Thanks