[F1 2019] Featured Racer Event?

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum, but not to the series, and after buying F1 2019 Legendary Edition on Steam i was really disappointed i can't get only one achievement, Featured Racer, because they don't do featured events anymore. What's the point in an achievement that you can achieve for only 5 months? Is there a way to get it anyways? Why they don't do them anymore? They could/should just do again the previous ones (like the Elusive Tragets in Hitman series if you're familiar) along with the online weekends. Do you think they'll add new ones at least for the first race since F1 2020 will not be out 'till the second race? Thank you for your time.

P.S, To Codemasters you should care a little more about the "late adopters" i have now 130+ hours of gameplay on Steam (i can't say i didn't like it, it's a huge improvement from the previous one) but even if i want to buy F1 2020 Schumacher Edition REALLY BAD (those MSC cars are literally the best they could ever put in the game) i can't afford to buy it at launch and it's really bad that i can't complete all the achievement even if it's still the last entry in the series and still online.

Hi, I do very much expect there to be more Featured events in the near future, next one should be in 2 weeks. 

Just as a reminder, there were some Featured events recently, for example 3 weeks ago there was one at Canada with Verstappen and I believe 5 or 6 weeks ago at Germany with Hamilton, so they are still coming out.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

Hi, I do very much expect there to be more Featured events in the near future, next one should be in 2 weeks. 

Just as a reminder, there were some Featured events recently, for example 3 weeks ago there was one at Canada with Verstappen and I believe 5 or 6 weeks ago at Germany with Hamilton, so they are still coming out.

Thank you for this answer, i must be the "unluckiest player ever" then, it's like three months i log almost every week to check and i found none. I'll look more frequently now then, thank you again.

• Sad 1

Yeah, as I said most likely expect there to be a Featured event in two weeks as the schedule is (only predicting it)

11th - 17th May: Russia Classic GP Event

18th - 24th May: Monaco GP event

25th - 31th May: Featured event

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

Yeah, as I said most likely expect there to be a Featured event in two weeks as the schedule is (only predicting it)

11th - 17th May: Russia Classic GP Event

18th - 24th May: Monaco GP event

25th - 31th May: Featured event

Thank you again, i'll be sure to check every week then.

• Like 1

Man, I gotta disappoint you today, as there is another Classic GP event going on this week at the US Grand Prix. 

Shame, as next week there will certainly be another GP event at Baku, so this week should have really been a Featured event, we need some more variation.

17 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

Man, I gotta disappoint you today, as there is another Classic GP event going on this week at the US Grand Prix. 

Shame, as next week there will certainly be another GP event at Baku, so this week should have really been a Featured event, we need some more variation.

I just noticed, it's pretty boring during non real-life racing week-ends, there's always ranked/casual multi for that.

• Agree 1

I've written my own post about this but I'll contribute here too. I think it's incredibly unbalanced to have so many GP'S in a row. Especially as I pointed out in my post that people are waiting to unlock the Featured Racer Trophy. I just finished qualifying, now I get to wait another 4 plus days for a Race, then another day or so to see it finish. Doing this 5 weeks in a row is very boring. That's why I suggested before that a Featured Event should run along side a GP every week, that way guys like me who have everything maxed out will have a reason to play this game during the week. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

I've written my own post about this but I'll contribute here too. I think it's incredibly unbalanced to have so many GP'S in a row. Especially as I pointed out in my post that people are waiting to unlock the Featured Racer Trophy. I just finished qualifying, now I get to wait another 4 plus days for a Race, then another day or so to see it finish. Doing this 5 weeks in a row is very boring. That's why I suggested before that a Featured Event should run along side a GP every week, that way guys like me who have everything maxed out will have a reason to play this game during the week. 

Totally agree, as it is now, it's total nonsense

• Agree 1

I wrote to them literally EVERYWHERE on e-mail, Instagram, Facebook no answer, for real, this kind of attitude really makes me reconsider buying F1 2020 Schumacher edition. Try it for yourself, maybe in an higher number we will able to reach them.

45 minutes ago, Chris2468 said:

Codies, when can we next expect a featured event then?

I wrote to them literally EVERYWHERE on e-mail, Instagram, Facebook no answer, for real, this kind of attitude really makes me reconsider buying F1 2020 Schumacher edition. Try it for yourself, maybe in an higher number we will able to reach them.

On 5/25/2020 at 12:46 PM, ReimvomSchleim said:

After Baku, it's Canada again...

• Sad 1

@andry9611

I went through and looked back at all my trophy's. If you count this past weeks Baku GP. Since the release for F1 2019 I have 33 "GP" trophies and 16 "featured events" trophies. They lump the regular and classic GP's together.  Even if you said 17 regular GP's + 16 classic GP's + 16 featured events, you get 49 total events. I may have missed a few in the year that F1 2019 has been out. I feel Codemasters has done a good job in giving us a equal amount of each of the three types of events. Please keep in mind that this is the "multiplayer" section of the game. Most of us join the weekly GP's so that we can race against real people and not the AI. I feel that Codemasters gives us the featured events to fill up the winter off time when there is no racing. The last featured event was the first week of April, if that helps you out any. 

• Agree 1

@Chris2468

As I stated in my previous post on this subject, featured events are more frequent during the off season. We are getting deep into then original F1 2020 schedule (attached below) and have very few off weekends. Also, this is the "Multiplayer" section of the game. Most of us want to race real people and not the AI. The chances of having a featured event drop a lot during the season. If you purchased F1 2019 after the start of the 2020 season, almost a year has gone by since F1 2019 was released. There has been 16 featured events over that period, which was plenty of chances for you guys to clear this achievement. I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but you coming to the table to  late in the one year life cycle of the Codemasters F1 series. My best suggestion is not to wait until the F1 2021 season starts to purchase F1 2020. There's about two more off weekends left before the release of F1 2020. After that F1 2019 will be collecting dust along with my copies of F1 2016, 2017 & 2018. I do wish you good luck in completing this task. I do understand how you feel when you want to complete something and can't. 

F1 Original 2020 Schedule.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

I do understand how you feel when you want to complete something and can't. 

As 100% Monaco race with full damage for example. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Getts0388 said:

@Chris2468

As I stated in my previous post on this subject, featured events are more frequent during the off season. We are getting deep into then original F1 2020 schedule (attached below) and have very few off weekends. Also, this is the "Multiplayer" section of the game. Most of us want to race real people and not the AI. The chances of having a featured event drop a lot during the season. If you purchased F1 2019 after the start of the 2020 season, almost a year has gone by since F1 2019 was released. There has been 16 featured events over that period, which was plenty of chances for you guys to clear this achievement. I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but you coming to the table to  late in the one year life cycle of the Codemasters F1 series. My best suggestion is not to wait until the F1 2021 season starts to purchase F1 2020. There's about two more off weekends left before the release of F1 2020. After that F1 2019 will be collecting dust along with my copies of F1 2016, 2017 & 2018. I do wish you good luck in completing this task. I do understand how you feel when you want to complete something and can't. 

F1 Original 2020 Schedule.jpg

So basically there isn't any more featured events? Only started this game recently and seems harsh to stop these events.

• Confused 1

@Chris2468

I never said that there was not going to be anymore featured events. Only that at this time of year the frequency that they will be seen will be less and that they are more frequent in the off season. I cannot get you out of the bind you are in with getting this achievement, I can only suggest how to avoid it next year by purchasing F1 2020 earlier in the one year life-cycle of the game. If you just purchased F1 2019, please be patient. I'm sure you will see one at some point. But you need to keep in mind, most of us will be switching to F1 2020 in the next four weeks and leaving F1 2019 behind. Hang in there and may the odds forever be in your favor!

• Agree 1

Hopefully tomorrow we will get one looking at the messages above.

3 minutes ago, Hayz6981 said:

Hopefully tomorrow we will get one looking at the messages above.

Let's hope!

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, andry9611 said:

Let's hope!

Featured event available today! Trophy unlocked!

1 hour ago, Hayz6981 said:

Featured event available today! Trophy unlocked!

Finally unlocked it too! And already pre ordered Schumacher Edition becuase of the good news!