Sponsors on Helmets (possible solution?)

So I was thinking about how we could get sponsors on helmets and I came up with following idea:

So basically Codemasters reworks every single helmet design and adds a "Sponsor layer" on top of it that looks like the real ones design wise (e.g. Monster Energy stripe for Mercedes) and suits the helmet design as well. Now if you join Mercedes the game will add the "Mercedes Sponsor" layer onto the helmet. If you decide to leave them for Ferrari the game automatically removes that layer and adds the "Ferrari Sponsor" layer to the helmet. Now if you drive the multiplayer or classic cars it simply removes the layer entirely and the helmets look like they do in F1 2019, so completely sponsorless.

That way you only have  the official team sponsors on your helmet and you can´t mix anything up (e.g. Red Bull logos on the helmet while driving at Williams) and it would kind of work like the race suits and caps in career mode that also lack any bit of personal details like name, number or personal sponsors. I belive that should be a possible solution that the sponsors might agree on if codemasters is ready to put the effort into it and rework the helmets.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

This actually makes a lot of sense.  The biggest limitation in this type of game - as involved as it is with FIA and F1 and all the teams and manufacturers - are licenses.  Everybody wants to get paid.  If the game wants to use something that a real-life team is using, they have to get permission, and that means meeting with lawyers - read: extremely costly.

But if the "Mercedes license" includes the various and assorted sponsor logos that Mercedes uses in real life, then adding that when driving for Mercedes would be totally feasible.

It's just a matter of ensuring that all the teams' graphics are included in the license arrangement, so they can be used in the game.

• Like 1

I'm definitely not an expert on this matter, but didn't someone at Codies reveal that many sponsors were VERY specific about how their logos must be displayed, even including stuff like colors? Wouldn't that compromise the rest of custom helmet designs?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Schorchi said:

I'm definitely not an expert on this matter, but didn't someone at Codies reveal that many sponsors were VERY specific about how their logos must be displayed, even including stuff like colors? Wouldn't that compromise the rest of custom helmet designs?

Yea I´ve read that but I believe the Teams have to stick to those restrictions as well so if Codemasters designs those sponsor layers just like they are in real life then there shouldn´t be a n issue with that., It could get difficult if the sponsors have a word in the helmet color in general as BWT wants pink helmets i blieve. But that would be doable as well in only allowing the player to color the helmet in a pink / purple sheme and if he doesn´t like that he can disable helmet sponsors entirely

Posted (edited)

I like the idea, I'm not sure if licencing would allow it but it's already been confirmed that the My Team mode will have fictional sponsors you can attract. I think it would definitely be cool if we could put those same fictional brands on the helmet, it would surely look a lot better than having nothing there at all.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Worntoathread said:

I like the idea, I'm not sure it licencing would allow it but it's already been confirmed that the My Team mode will have fictional sponsors you can attract. I think it would definitely be cool if we could put those same fictional brands on the helmet, it would surely look a lot better than having nothing there at all.

Totally agree.  And with such fine names as "Bill's Bakery" (cuz Bill, in the graphics development cell, really likes baking and came up with this great logo).  Bring it on!!  😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Worntoathread said:

I like the idea, I'm not sure if licencing would allow it but it's already been confirmed that the My Team mode will have fictional sponsors you can attract. I think it would definitely be cool if we could put those same fictional brands on the helmet, it would surely look a lot better than having nothing there at all.

Ive just seen a video where Lee Mather said we will have our team logo on our helmet in "My Team" but he didn´t mention the fake sponsors on it so I imagine they only stick to the car. The strict restrictions that Schorchi mentioned probably wouldn´t allow that in normal career mode anyway. I don´t think Mercedes would allow an other fuel company on the helmlet other than Petronas even if it´s just fictional. For "My Team" I don´t see an issue there for the fictional sponsors on the helmet tho

5 minutes ago, TheIceman022 said:

Yea I´ve read that but I believe the Teams have to stick to those restrictions as well so if Codemasters designs those sponsor layers just like they are in real life then there shouldn´t be a n issue with that., It could get difficult if the sponsors have a word in the helmet color in general as BWT wants pink helmets i blieve. But that would be doable as well in only allowing the player to color the helmet in a pink / purple sheme and if he doesn´t like that he can disable helmet sponsors entirely

True.

Or you could take the Rockstar Games approach and create fake sponsors that are utterly similar to the real deals.
TAGHeuer? Never heard of them, I'm with HAGTeuer. (Though I'll admit that this is likely to raise legal questions^^)

14 minutes ago, Schorchi said:

True.

Or you could take the Rockstar Games approach and create fake sponsors that are utterly similar to the real deals.
TAGHeuer? Never heard of them, I'm with HAGTeuer. (Though I'll admit that this is likely to raise legal questions^^)

Just as Pro Evolution Soccer from Konami back in the days:

Lukas Podolski - Lucas Pomatzki

Bastian Schweinsteiger - Sebastian Slinslitzel

Cristiano Ronaldo - Cristian Gonzalo

Lionel Messi - Leo Fessi

Carlsberg - Karlbach

Heineken - Hanken

Fly Emirates - Arabian Flights

Vodafone - VocalFon

😂

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Just as Pro Evolution Soccer from Konami back in the days:

Lukas Podolski - Lucas Pomatzki

Bastian Schweinsteiger - Sebastian Slinslitzel

Cristiano Ronaldo - Cristian Gonzalo

Lionel Messi - Leo Fessi

Carlsberg - Karlbach

Heineken - Hanken

Fly Emirates - Arabian Flights

Vodafone - VocalFon

😂

Codies could have a competition for people to come up with the best "punniest" fake names.  Bonus points for including a logo. 

• Agree 1

This is such a good idea. With these ‘fake’ sponsors this year. Are we able to put them on our helmets? 

CM please allow us to do this because it’s very boring having nothing 

I think the best game in this sense is EA F1 Manager from 2000.

You could sign any actual sponsor and put them on your car. Like Buzzin & Hornets (of course Tobacco sponsors had their clean counterparts) on McLaren or Ferrari.

EA has probably spent a lot of money on that game only for this :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, pspps1 said:

I think the best game in this sense is EA F1 Manager from 2000.

You could sign any actual sponsor and put them on your car. Like Buzzin & Hornets (of course Tobacco sponsors had their clean counterparts) on McLaren or Ferrari.

EA has probably spent a lot of money on that game only for this :classic_wacko:

Yeap I still have the pc disc lol . The other one was grand prix manager. 

Both were out similar times .

On F1 manager 2000 .   I got to season 9 

I made Manardi the best car with a  merc engine. 

Schumacher no 1 driver

D hill. no 2 driver. 

Bruno Chung Brazil reserve 

Cant spell bruno's last name. 

All the sponsors. 

Ross brawn .

Ross Byrne. 

Any you've played the game.

The game crashed halfway through season 9 and it got corrupted data.

Man I was mad. It took me 2 years hard work and writing down tracks with the wing setup. 

I actually installed the game again on windows 8 but after 1 season I couldn't be bothered loo

Great game though.

Back then  even wheels for driving felt good in its counterpart F1 2000 driving sim .

ffb thrustmaster wheel was called gullimot.  I always thought thrustmaster sounded wrong 🤥🤪🤔

Edited by senna94f1
Predicated spelling always works for windows but never android 🧠
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Lee Mather confirmed you can put your 'my team badge' on your crash helmet and you also get customisable Fortnite style podium emotes this year also. I sure hope they have fixed the league issues such as not being able to set weather/Ai difficulty between sessions and AI bad strategy and various other games problems after spending time putting stuff in like fortnite style podium emotes 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TomAAA said:

customisable Fortnite style podium emotes this year also

I'm just waiting for the inevitable F1 dance memes to start appearing followed by TikTok versions.. No I'm serious! Game needs a little more light hearted fun 😁

• Haha 1