Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Error 1008:H Master thread

On 2/19/2020 at 7:39 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @rooztek,

Do you still receive the 1008:H error code?

yes sorry when I said sorted that meant it fix the 1008:h error.   just now I get a frame freeze for 2-5 tenths every time someone joins or leaves mid race online.    Never used to get them.

Hello, im new on this page. I have a error 1008:H. Is possible play game without online services ? Thanks

5 hours ago, Marekx89 said:

Olá, sou novo nesta página. Eu tenho um erro 1008: H. É possível jogar sem serviços online? obrigado

I'm also having the same problem, on my Windows 8, the damn code 1008: H

19 hours ago, SGEDILAN said:

I'm also having the same problem, on my Windows 8, the damn code 1008: H

Seriously, upgrade to Windows 10. Problem will be solved easier! 

DX12 will work also!

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

HI @Armand34,

Have you tried the troubleshooting in this thread?

I try troubleshooting, but nothing work

40 minutes ago, Marekx89 said:

I try troubleshooting, but nothing work

Hi @Marekx89,

Which options have you tried?

Posted (edited)

Hi.

I am the next person with 1008H: error.

I've tried opening ports on my router, turning off firewall and antivirus, verifying game files on Steam, connecting pc to my smartphone hotspot, running game as administrator etc. and nothing helped.

I played F1 2019 2 months ago or something (free weekend on Steam) and everything was fine. Yesterday I bought the game and still (after ~24h) can't connect to multiplayer.

#EDIT

My operating system is Windows 8 Pro (same as when the game was working just fine).

Edited by shark93

17 hours ago, shark93 said:

Hi.

I am the next person with 1008H: error.

I've tried opening ports on my router, turning off firewall and antivirus, verifying game files on Steam, connecting pc to my smartphone hotspot, running game as administrator etc. and nothing helped.

I played F1 2019 2 months ago or something (free weekend on Steam) and everything was fine. Yesterday I bought the game and still (after ~24h) can't connect to multiplayer.

#EDIT

My operating system is Windows 8 Pro (same as when the game was working just fine).

Windows 8 users, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free!

Do an in-place upgrade with the MCT and your machine will get a free digital licence for W10. 

To reinstall once you have upgraded you do not need the serial number, just leave the box blank.

If you change the hardware, you can try the Windows 8 key - it should allow you to activate W10 at least as long as W8 is valid. Many W8 era machines have the key inside the UEFI/BIOS so it will be recognized, just go the "I don't have a key" route.

DX12 and more frequent driver releases are the advantages.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Windows 8 users, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free!

Do an in-place upgrade with the MCT and your machine will get a free digital licence for W10. 

To reinstall once you have upgraded you do not need the serial number, just leave the box blank.

If you change the hardware, you can try the Windows 8 key - it should allow you to activate W10 at least as long as W8 is valid. Many W8 era machines have the key inside the UEFI/BIOS so it will be recognized, just go the "I don't have a key" route.

DX12 and more frequent driver releases are the advantages.

Thank you for your response but Windows 8 appears as well on the list of supported systems in the game's requirements.

I just don't understand why it was working on Win8 during free weekend and now it cannot connect to servers.

• Disagree 1

On 3/19/2020 at 9:40 PM, shark93 said:

Thank you for your response but Windows 8 appears as well on the list of supported systems in the game's requirements.

I just don't understand why it was working on Win8 during free weekend and now it cannot connect to servers.

I solved it like this:
Download
and install the Windows KB3140245
run the attached file

p.s. if you have problem, read this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi#easy

Install first KB3140245 - TLS1.2 - F1 2019 patch error 1008H.reg

I've been experiencing this error "1008:H" for over a month, the game still works but it doesn't allow me to do anything online. Is it a known issue, and is there a way to fix it (Pc version) ?😍 

• Agree 1

Hello guys, I can´t play Formula one online since some weeks can someone help please ? I have Windows 7 and my error code is 1008:H.

54 minutes ago, Retnix said:

Hello guys, I can´t play Formula one online since some weeks can someone help please ? I have Windows 7 and my error code is 1008:H.

You need to do what it says in the recommended posts. Or simply upgrade to Windows 10.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 11:00 PM, Venturamati123 said:

I've been experiencing this error "1008:H" for over a month, the game still works but it doesn't allow me to do anything online. Is it a known issue, and is there a way to fix it (Pc version) ?😍 

Hi @Venturamati123,

To echo @steviejay69's thoughts, please try recommended posts and upgrading to Windows 10

• Agree 1

Any of the suggestions to install windows 10 are simply wrong - the same problem happens on windows 10.

How can a bug like this still be happening for 6 months?

On 2/9/2020 at 10:39 PM, FrankThe599th said:

Ok, I found a solution for Windows 7. The problem is, that Windows 7 uses as standard secure protocol TLS 1.0 or SSL 2.0. I think, something was changed at the servers, that they don't accept these secure protocols anymore.

There is a fix from Microsoft to set the default secure protocol:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi

In section "Easy fix" there is a file to download, which inserts two registry entries. After restart my F1 game used the new secure protocol and all works now.

Thank's FrankThe599Th, it worked for me! 

I used the 0x00000A00 value (to activate both TLS1_1 and TLS1_2) in DefaultSecureProtocols  key of both:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp

I also enabled TLS1_1 and TLS1_2, and disabled TLS1_0 and SSL2_0 in registry keys of:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

(in my case, Easy Fix don't worked but i could use regedit to create the keys manually or do the changes in the same way).

Thank's a lot, man, you're great!

P.D.: Update to Windows 10 because "windows 7 is the problem", as had recommended in other posts,  i think is similar to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut  :)

It works with windows 7 ;-)

10 hours ago, Basitron said:

Thank's FrankThe599Th, it worked for me! 

I used the 0x00000A00 value (to activate both TLS1_1 and TLS1_2) in DefaultSecureProtocols  key of both:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp

I also enabled TLS1_1 and TLS1_2, and disabled TLS1_0 and SSL2_0 in registry keys of:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

(in my case, Easy Fix don't worked but i could use regedit to create the keys manually or do the changes in the same way).

Thank's a lot, man, you're great!

P.D.: Update to Windows 10 because "windows 7 is the problem", as had recommended in other posts,  i think is similar to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut  🙂

It works with windows 7 😉

Hi.

Can you create and put on the forum a reg file with your changes ? 

14 hours ago, ffsz said:

Any of the suggestions to install windows 10 are simply wrong - the same problem happens on windows 10.

How can a bug like this still be happening for 6 months?

Hi @ffsz,

If you have evidence for some of our solutions not working, please share with detail if possible. This would really help other users. Do you have video of the issue happening to you?

Hello!

First of all, I'm sorry for my bad English.

Since Saturday I am not able to play F1 2019. I am facing error "1008: H".

I formatted my computer, reinstalled the game and already called my internet operator. Nothing did.

Does anyone know any solution for this? I don't want to abandon my favorite game.

My settings:

Windows 10 Home (version 1909).
Intel i5 7400.
Nvidia 1050 TI (driver 445.75).
DirectX 12.
Game version: patch 1.22.

Thank you very much for your attention!

error.thumb.png.a28452056aed68cc024e33f9383d4fe8.png

Hi @Redducto,

I've merged this topic as we have a master thread on this. Please use the search bar in the top right when possible. If you have a scan through the pages, there is a host of suggestions and possible fixes for you