Jump to content Jump to content

Error 1008:H Master thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 1512marcel said:

It’s getting more interesting and more complex with offered solutions working for one but not for the other. @BarryBL, can you shine a light on the server related questions to get that cleared. 

Well, I dunno. Confused by the responses on here. It seems the entire amount of protagonists on here would have Codemasters use insecure protocols on servers just so their games work. This isn't the way the world should work. There is only forward.

But yes, I do agree that if this change is on a server end and has the ramification that only Windows 7 machines are affected then "tough" as Windows 7 is End Of Life, there has to be a line in the sand. But it should be communicated. The MS patch is standalone and does not require automatic updates, but there are pre-requisites and the end user is responsible for the decision to deploy (as it may break other software, including other games).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Hi folks,

Can you try this and let me know how you get on? Also, remember to restart your computer after the update (Thanks @Andrea1256 - check their post below for further recommendations)

How to Fix (short version):

Quote
  1. Use Windows Update to update Windows 7 and install the KB3140245 Security Patch.
  2. If you can't do [1]: Install Windows 7 KB3140245 Security Patch.
  3. Download MicrosoftEasyFix51044

 

How to Fix (Long Version)

Quote

Install the KB3140245 Security Patch

 

Updating your Windows Registry file

  • The next step you need to do is to patch your Windows Registry file, so that your OS will actually use the new TLS protocol versions (1.2, and 1.1 as a fallback) instead of the outdated and vulnerable 1.0 one.
  • This can be done either automatically (with an official Microsoft-released patch file) or by manually editing the registry file using regedit or our own TLS12fix.reg file.

 

Microsoft Patch File

 

 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi folks,

Can you try this and let me know how you get on?

How to Fix (short version):

 

How to Fix (Long Version)

 

 

For me finally it worked, I forgot to download the windows update before running the file. Just a few observations:

1)the link you provided to download Windows KB3140245 doesn't work, I downloaded it using Windows Update

2)Remember to tell users to restart the pc after downloading the security patch

3)In orded for the game to work on my PC I had to manually create two subkeys, create two "DisabledByDefault" entries and set them to 0 as shown here:

 

errore.png

Edited by Andrea1256
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Andrea1256 said:

For me finally it worked, I forgot to download the windows update before running the file. Just a few observations:

1)the link you provided to download Windows KB3140245 doesn't work, I downloaded it using Windows Update

2)Remember to tell users to restart the pc after downloading the security patch

3)In orded for the game to work on my PC I had to manually create two subkeys, create two "DisabledByDefault" entries and set them to 0 as shown here:

 

errore.png

Do i have to restart it after creating the two dword keys? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Folks,
 
I bought F1 2019 for Xbox One about a week ago and since first day I haven't been able to connect to servers to play online. I have talked to Xbox Support and have done many things to try to solve it like:
 
1. Power Cycle
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the game
3. Soft reset, which restes the xbox without deleting the games
4. Try UPnP enabled and disabled
 
And non of this options have worked, the issue is only with F1 2019 because I own F1 2018 and I can play it online, other games such us Gears, COD etc.. I can play them normally. My NAT is open. The rare thing is that leadboards are updated with my times and so on, but I cannot connect to servers.
 
Plase Help!!!
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Willuq said:

yes, it is the same error: 1008:H. I insert the keys in register but still not working

I better make a TLS12unfix as well then, because those keys aren't in W10. 🙂

Have you verified your game files in Steam and checked connectivity (router reset or check firewall/PF/uPnP)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I better make a TLS12unfix as well then, because those keys aren't in W10. 🙂

Have you verified your game files in Steam and checked connectivity (router reset or check firewall/PF/uPnP)?

I droped the keys from register. i verified the ports that use steam and made port forward on my router but the problem still there. The firewall is open for f1 2019. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, Willuq said:

I droped the keys from register. i verified the ports that use steam and made port forward on my router but the problem still there. The firewall is open for f1 2019. 

HI @Willuq,

Just to clarify, @steviejay69 means the below, found right clicking on the F1 2019 game in Steam and selecting properties.

Capture.PNG

Just want to confirm you have attempted this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 10:06 AM, RacingRaikkonen said:
Hi Folks,
 
I bought F1 2019 for Xbox One about a week ago and since first day I haven't been able to connect to servers to play online. I have talked to Xbox Support and have done many things to try to solve it like:
 
1. Power Cycle
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the game
3. Soft reset, which restes the xbox without deleting the games
4. Try UPnP enabled and disabled
 
And non of this options have worked, the issue is only with F1 2019 because I own F1 2018 and I can play it online, other games such us Gears, COD etc.. I can play them normally. My NAT is open. The rare thing is that leadboards are updated with my times and so on, but I cannot connect to servers.
 
Plase Help!!!

Has anyone experienced this on XB1, please help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BarryBL said:

HI @Willuq,

Just to clarify, @steviejay69 means the below, found right clicking on the F1 2019 game in Steam and selecting properties.

Capture.PNG

Just want to confirm you have attempted this?

Hi, all the files are ok. I connect my pc with my mobile phone and the game connects well, so the problem is with the router of my isp. I try with port forward but it doesn't work, someone know what i must change on my router configuration? thx.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kacper13731373 said:

I'm using windows 7

I can't install windows KB3140245 Security Patch. it is written that the installer encountered error 0x80070422

Install Windows 10?

Less hassle than fixing 7. Download the media creation tool, uninstall your AV then restart and install. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I already had the security patch but the HOtfix/easy fix   sorted the issues for me win 7.   But now I get pretty big screen freezes all the time when someone leaves or joins a lobby when im racing which again is pretty balls.      Never used to get not sure is hot fix or latest patch...anyone else?>

Edited by rooztek
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, rooztek said:

I already had the security patch but the HOtfix/easy fix   sorted the issues for me win 7.   But now I get pretty big screen freezes all the time when someone leaves or joins a lobby when im racing which again is pretty balls.      Never used to get not sure is hot fix or latest patch...anyone else?> 

Hi @rooztek,

Do you still receive the 1008:H error code?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1512marcel changed the title to Error 1008:H Master thread
  • BarryBL featured this topic
  • BarryBL pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...