NEW LIVERY EDITOR - REQUEST

@BarryBL

Hi everyone, I have wanted to share this idea in the F1 forum for some time. My idea was to totally renew the customization of liveries etc ...

My idea was to totally renew the customization, instead of just changing the colors of a preset livery, it would be better to make a livery from 0, creating designs independently and putting sponsors on it ...

So I would like people to be free to create their own livery. Maybe by sharing it with the community, which in turn can put a "like" and use it.

To create a livery, my idea was to put shapes that can be stretched, shortened, swirled and squared.

The sponsors that are put on the livery can be of 2 types:

1. They are sponsors put by the community, obviously sponsors created and not real.

2. If you could put sponsors of the real stables, for example: AMD, Shell, UPS, etc ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good idea in a fantasy racing game like gran Turismo but in an officially licensed game that's the only way it ever works. You just can't have a yellow Ferrari with dancing frogs on it... Now if you're talking about the MY TEAM instance it's not so strict but those sponsors pay big money to be in the licensing. They won't accept 3rd party original designs at all. Especially when people make YouTube videos with them as it counts as denigrating f1s consumer image /profile.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

In my opinion on F1 the livery creation must be completely redone, perhaps putting something more. I hope that on F1 2020 the creation of the livery on the suit, etc ... will be better. Not to mention the helmets, it hurts to see a helmet without a sponsor, you could make the sponsor template on the helmets of all 10 real stables, at least it's already something ... For example: I will start my career in williams, in the helmet I will have sponsors of williams, etc ... I don't know if it can be done, I like it very much, I have it in my mind for years.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Imo, it's 2020, so there is no excuse for not having a detailed livery editor mode in a modern racing game. 

Speaking of "LiCEncInG IsSueS", that is nonsense. Everything has a price and can be bought. It all depends on how much Codemasters are willing to pay.

GT Sport, though being very arcadey on the handling and physics model, has one of the best livery editor modes in the racing game branche. I spent hundreds of hours creating new liverys for helmets, racing suits and the cars themselves. You can even upload your creations. Or download creations from other players. It's fantastic. Also, they offer almost all sponsors imaginable and you have total freedom on how you want to create your liveries. Your imagination is the only limit.

MotoGP19 / MotoGP20 also have a similar editor mode, though not as detailed, but still it's very fun to create liveries on there as well.

Codemasters could have given us a similar or even better version of the livery editor mode for the past 3 years, but all we got were premade designs that can only be altered for color schemes, which unfortunately also are locked behind a paywall.

Either way, here are some videos about how a livery editor mode could or should look like:

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Imo, it's 2020, so there is no excuse for not having a detailed livery editor mode in a modern racing game. 

Speaking of "LiCEncInG IsSueS", that is nonsense. Everything has a price and can be bought. It all depends on how much Codemasters are willing to pay.

GT Sport, though being very arcadey on the handling and physics model, has one of the best livery editor modes in the racing game branche. I spent hundreds of hours creating new liverys for helmets, racing suits and the cars themselves. You can even upload your creations. Or download creations from other players. It's fantastic. Also, they offer almost all sponsors imaginable and you have total freedom on how you want to create your liveries. Your imagination is the only limit.

MotoGP19 / MotoGP20 also have a similar editor mode, though not as detailed, but still it's very fun to create liveries on there as well.

Codemasters could have given us a similar or even better version of the livery editor mode for the past 3 years, but all we got were premade designs that can only be altered for color schemes, which unfortunately also are locked behind a paywall.

Either way, here are some videos about how a livery editor mode could or should look like:

I agree with you that a better livery designer would be nice, 

But too many video's dude 🙈 a bit less would have made your point equally well.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

I agree with you that a better livery designer would be nice, 

Sorry. But GT Sport and MotoGP have so many cool video and picture footages about the livery editor mode. Couldn't stop.

Hopefully CM will give us something similar for the next gen PS5 / XboxSeriesX F1 game.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

In fact, as you said, the customization of a livery or helmet in all F1s was not good.  If a game on PS4 has succeeded, I don't see why Codemasters can't do it, I trust them, but when they announced the customization of the livery on F1 2019 I thought a customization similar to GT SPORT etc ... instead when I knew  that you could only change the color of a livery already pre-set, I was disappointed, customizing the livery of a car is the same as that of the helmet ... I would like every player to express themselves best on F1, also on the customization side

• Agree 1

Good idea, it's really annoying that we can change only the colors of the preset liverys. Hopefully Codemaster will listen your idea.😊

• Agree 2

The liveries in the trailer, and thumbnails resemble the multiplayer liveries in f1 2019, so I wouldn't get your hopes up atall.

I think it's a cost and time thing. Takes a huge amount of effort and resources to develop that kind of facility I imagine. 

I'd love a gt sport-esque livery editor, but I strongly doubt we'll see it in this edition.

• Like 1

Obviously, everyone would like to see a different customization than F1.  The player's creativity lies in customizing the liveries, in fact that's why I hoped for it, because I thought they would give the player more freedom, but it wasn't.  I'm sure that with a better and free personalization, it brings many benefits to both players and Codemasters.

• Agree 1

Due to the licenses, this issue is complicated, but it would be nice if at least the helmet, suit or gloves let you put it how you want.

Just now, KayPax said:

Due to the licenses, this issue is complicated, but it would be nice if at least the helmet, suit or gloves let you put it how you want.

For the "My Team" mode, the idea is good, but obviously it would be better if you could freely change the livery🤩

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TCKMODDER said:

For the "My Team" mode, the idea is good, but obviously it would be better if you could freely change the livery🤩

Yes man, it would give a very personal touch to that mode. Agree with you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KayPax said:

Yes man, it would give a very personal touch to that mode. Agree with you.

The fact is that I would love to get my idea to Codemasters.  Because F1 lacks good customization

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Says the person who then quotes the entire message, including the videos.  😛 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, DrDraken said:

Says the person who then quotes the entire message, including the videos.  😛 

tbf, as soon as I saw what I had done I wanted to delete/edit the message but I didn't know how to delete it and I don't dare edit stuff on this forum cause i always get errors 😅

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bicarda said:

tbf, as soon as I saw what I had done I wanted to delete/edit the message but I didn't know how to delete it and I don't dare edit stuff on this forum cause i always get errors 😅

Gg 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Another idea was to change the colors of the rims, the interior colors, the steering wheel and suspensions (put the sponsors on the suspensions {example Ferrari-Lenovo}).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's a matter of budget and time constraints, that idea is not revolutionary as it has been done in Forza Motorsport since the series first iteration in 2005.

I wouldn't put my high hopes into it, but it's something that they could invest little more time into it as they usually develop it for one game and have the benefit of implementing in all Codemasters games sharing the same engine (EGO). The current livery design (Rocket League-esque) comes from the previous GRID games. GRID 2 even had licensed sponsors to choose from.

Edited by emori
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, emori said:

It's a matter of budget and time constraints, that idea is not revolutionary as it has been done in Forza Motorsport since the series first iteration in 2005.

I wouldn't put my high hopes into it, but it's something that they could invest little more time into it as they usually develop it for one game and have the benefit of implementing in all Codemasters games sharing the same engine (EGO). The current livery design (Rocket League-esque) comes from the previous GRID games. GRID 2 even had licensed sponsors to choose from.

This idea is not revolutionary for racing games, but for Codemasters, especially in F1.  By now almost everyone has a mega customization.  Codemasters added the customization just a year ago and you can only change the colors.  I think they can make a 100% new customization

• Agree 1

And looking at basics even further, with the existing limit livery/helmet editor, your barely have any colors!! Basically no color pops on half the multiplayer cars. Can’t even choose between mat or metallic, it’s PATHETIC 

23 hours ago, FlyingDutch020 said:

And looking at basics even further, with the existing limit livery/helmet editor, your barely have any colors!! Basically no color pops on half the multiplayer cars. Can’t even choose between mat or metallic, it’s PATHETIC 

Pathetic no, because in the end they also took some time to make this customization, but we want to have more freedom, that's all :classic_biggrin:

• Agree 1