Why no Custom weather for career?

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have seen many complaints that in the wet ,the AI are too OP. I can confirm that, on the same difficulty settings. I am slightly faster than the AI on the dry , but on the wet, my teammate AI with the same car is round 2 to 3 seconds faster per lap!

But i have read that some players also have no problem in the wet so there are mixed complaints.

So why not add an option to change the weather for the career and championship?  I stopped playing F1 2019 because of that. Why not allow the players to choose what they want?  Everyone paid money for game. This totally ruined the game for me as I dont want to race in rain conditions.

Please Codemasters, allow the players to choose what weather they want in career and championship!

Thank you

Edited by UnderThunder

1 hour ago, UnderThunder said:

Hello,

I have seen many complaints that in the wet ,the AI are too OP. I can confirm that, on the same difficulty settings. I am slightly faster than the AI on the dry , but on the wet, my teammate AI with the same car is round 2 to 3 seconds faster per lap!

But i have read that some players also have no problem in the wet so there are mixed complaints.

So why not add an option to change the weather for the career and championship?  I stopped playing F1 2019 because of that. Why not allow the players to choose what they want?  Everyone paid money for game. This totally ruined the game for me as I dont want to race in rain conditions.

Please Codemasters, allow the players to choose what weather they want in career and championship!

Thank you

They did that for career mode to add a level of unpredictability and because in real life you can’t just magically turn off the rain shower. In the championship mode you can change the weather though

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UnderThunder said:

Hello,

Thank you

There's a mod on Racedepartment which improves wet weather grip slightly for the player, it's in F1 2017 downloads, but someone posted that it works for 2019 too.

I don't have trouble in F1 2019 but I sympathise as it has caused me trouble in previous versions. But with smooth driving, it is possible to match the AI in the wet.

Edited by Morsify

Posted (edited)

Everything is ok... the game is an arcade and the only simulation is the weather (and it fails), you have options to use ABS, traction control in career (real life does not have that), but you can not change weather conditions!!!!! So if I want to feel like real life playing (or not), just let me choose it!!!!

Edited by LocoVarrido

I prefer to have random weather myself for realism and a challenge but I'd love to have a slider where I could adjust the possibility of bad weather higher or lower. Turning it off completely seems like cheating but making it a 1/10 chance of appearing each session would be great odds for me. That means approx 2 wet races per season which is closer to real life. Also having the odds run before each session is more realistic because I'd never have to suffer rain in every single session again (very unlikely) as the odds of that would be 1/10 x 1/10 x1/10 x 1/10 x 1/10. 1/100000 😉

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I prefer to have random weather myself for realism and a challenge but I'd love to have a slider where I could adjust the possibility of bad weather higher or lower.

It's weird how the frequent rain affects some people and not others. I am on my 9th race of my 100% career, and there has been some wet, but only a small amount here and there, and I think only one wet race. But others are reporting rain every race except Bahrain, which does seem a bit excessive. 

As it's supposed to be a 'realistic' career, I would not like to see wet weather removed completely, (but then again, it's a game with lots of options, so why not) , but it does look like it could do with something improving here, along the lines you suggest.

A 'realistic weather' slider from zero to 100, based on the actual likelihood of rain from track to track, would be good. So if you set it on 100, real life probability kicks in, so Bahrain would probably still be dry, whereas Silverstone would likely be wet; but setting it to zero, Bahrain would still be dry, and so would Silverstone. Everyone could be happy with this option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Morsify said:

It's weird how the frequent rain affects some people and not others. I am on my 9th race of my 100% career, and there has been some wet, but only a small amount here and there, and I think only one wet race. But others are reporting rain every race except Bahrain, which does seem a bit excessive. 

As it's supposed to be a 'realistic' career, I would not like to see wet weather removed completely, (but then again, it's a game with lots of options, so why not) , but it does look like it could do with something improving here, along the lines you suggest.

A 'realistic weather' slider from zero to 100, based on the actual likelihood of rain from track to track, would be good. So if you set it on 100, real life probability kicks in, so Bahrain would probably still be dry, whereas Silverstone would likely be wet; but setting it to zero, Bahrain would still be dry, and so would Silverstone. Everyone could be happy with this option.

I think they try to base it on what weather would be in the real life. I did 6 seasons in career mode and got rain in all races at Silverstone but no rain at all of the Bahrain races.

6 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

I think they try to base it on what weather would be in the real life. I did 6 seasons in career mode and got rain in all races at Silverstone but no rain at all of the Bahrain races.

Believe it or not it doesn't ALWAYS rain in England! Although that WAS one of the reasons I emigrated out lol.

• Agree 1

Just now, sloppysmusic said:

Believe it or not it doesn't ALWAYS rain in England! Although that WAS one of the reasons I emigrated out lol.

Lol I live in England. In case you were wondering. It hasn’t really changed 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, cpayne32 said:

Lol I live in England. In case you were wondering. It hasn’t really changed 😂😂😂

Well where I moved to ironically (The Sunshine State) actually has way more rain, which I didnt know before lol. But it all comes down in one massive storm then dries up real fast back to shades weather. In England it was DRIZZLE that drove me nuts and no sign of the sun for days sometimes. The sun is like ERS harvest mode for me 🌞😎

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Although that WAS one of the reasons I emigrated out lol.

Do not move to Vancouver Island, in BC.  We once went 6 months without seeing the sun.  Drizzly and crappy.  And I'm moving back as soon as I can.  I'm crazy, I know.  🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

Do not move to Vancouver Island, in BC.  We once went 6 months without seeing the sun.  Drizzly and crappy.  And I'm moving back as soon as I can.  I'm crazy, I know.  🤣

Canada has always appealed to me eh, cool people and laws but..... The cold...... Summer motorcycle tour yes please!

Just now, sloppysmusic said:

Canada has always appealed to me eh, cool people and laws but..... The cold...... Summer motorcycle tour yes please!

That's the beauty of Vancouver Island.  Not cold.  Rains a lot, but not cold.  And the summers are usually awesome.  You just have to win the lottery to be able to afford a house.  O_o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LocoVarrido said:

Everything is ok... the game is an arcade and the only simulation is the weather (and it fails), you have options to use ABS, traction control in career (real life does not have that), but you can not change weather conditions!!!!! So if I want to feel like real life playing (or not), just let me choose it!!!! 

Exactly, if they give us the option to drive with traction control (on/off) , they should also allow the player to choose whether they want dynamic weather or not.

2 hours ago, Morsify said:

Yes, good idea about adding a slider for weather from 0 to 100

12 hours ago, cpayne32 said:

They did that for career mode to add a level of unpredictability and because in real life you can’t just magically turn off the rain shower. 

In real life you can't magically turn off damage, rewind time or make your opponents slower either, yet these options are there to cater to all sorts of players. I really don't see why it should be any different for dynamic weather as the people who do enjoy that challenge would just enable it by choice.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

In real life you can't magically turn off damage, rewind time or make your opponents slower either, yet these options are there to cater to all sorts of players. I really don't see why it should be any different for dynamic weather as the people who do enjoy that challenge would just enable it by choice.

I understand that but a lot of players (like myself) have the AI on the highest difficulty and don’t use rewind or reduce damage. Maybe it will be different this year but who knows.

4 hours ago, cpayne32 said:

I understand that but a lot of players (like myself) have the AI on the highest difficulty and don’t use rewind or reduce damage. Maybe it will be different this year but who knows.

It's people like you that terrify me about going online... 😜

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

It's people like you that terrify me about going online... 😜

Trust me I stay away from online most of the time unless I’m on with my friend ( who is slower than me) and when I’m league racing so my experience of idiots are... all the time 😂

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2020 at 4:47 PM, cpayne32 said:

Sure... but it is YOUR choice!!!! I would like to choose to turn off dynamic weather, play in my level (85) of difficulty, enjoy and have a lot of fun playing the game the way I like!!!!

19 minutes ago, LocoVarrido said:

Sure... but it is YOUR choice!!!! I would like to choose to turn off dynamic weather, play in my level (85) of difficulty, enjoy and have a lot of fun playing the game the way I like!!!!

I understand that l and I’m entitled to my own opinion. I feel that the weather in career and my team shouldn’t be changed as it takes away a big level of unpredictability.

• Disagree 1

On 5/24/2020 at 12:11 PM, cpayne32 said:

I understand that l and I’m entitled to my own opinion. I feel that the weather in career and my team shouldn’t be changed as it takes away a big level of unpredictability.

I totally agree with you. If I was a hard player, like i think you are, I would feel the same.

My son plays, using the pedals and the AI well up there, and he has no trouble in the wet, I’m a very casual gamer, use all the assists, use the gear paddles on the wheel for gas and brake and have the AI at 85 and use almost all of the assists. I’m a tenth or two off of Hamilton’s qualifying time at most races when in the same car in the dry. In the wet I am well off the pace at most tracks. So my choices are take a disastrous result, sim the race, or turn the AI way down before the race starts. In a mixed weather race that makes me either too fast or too slow.

The two easiest solutions would be either to allow the player to disable rain OR to give the player the option to make weather cosmetic. Unrealistic- yes, but it is a game and players can choose how to play the game.

Custom weather would take the fun of race strategy out of it.  If you know what you set the weather to be midway through a race, what's the fun in that?

• Agree 2

I agree that ideally we could all use random weather. Which I did when I first bought 2019, but one of the patches made the way I drive (full assists and using only a wheel without pedals) a full second and a half slower than the AI whereas I used to be competitive depending on set up. So if the same is true for 2020, I would rather disable rain than just languish in 20th for a full race. It would help ease newer players into the game too.