Sign in to follow this  

More filters in Unranked Mode

It would be interesting to add a filter button to see only the rooms that are In Lobby in Unranked Mode.

I have no interest in entering a room where the race has already started. Sometimes races take 18, 20 minutes to finish.

I like to enter the Lobby room, as the race is almost ready to start.

Edited by nksrfn
  • Agree 5

They seriously need to fix the lobby status indication; 9/10 times when it says "In Lobby" they're halfway through a 25% race. Vice versa you can join a session that says they're in qualyfing and upon joining they're suddenly in the race results or returning to the lobby.

I found you're better off selecting one that's near the end of the race and just wait it out as these are usually correct.

• Agree 1

I seriously thought this was an issue on my end...
To be honest, I feel like we should at least consider a matchmaking system for unranked lobbies like the one that is used for ranked matches. Sure, it's a bit more random but I believe that it could be more reliable than what we have right now. Connecting to lobbies that have either already started or are seemingly stuck, then retrying for about five times makes me wanna quit the game.

Sure, proper servers would be the best go-to solution but I don't think that this is viable any time soon. Unless, of course, we actually get crossplay, I believe having proper servers would be the only solution then anyway, right?

2 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

They seriously need to fix the lobby status indication; 9/10 times when it says "In Lobby" they're halfway through a 25% race. Vice versa you can join a session that says they're in qualyfing and upon joining they're suddenly in the race results or returning to the lobby.

I found you're better off selecting one that's near the end of the race and just wait it out as these are usually correct.

You are absolutely correct.

Yesterday I took 40-45 minutes to find an unranked multiplayer match because of this incompatibility between what the menu says (in the lobby), and the information inside the lobby (the race had already started).

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Schorchi said:

I seriously thought this was an issue on my end...
To be honest, I feel like we should at least consider a matchmaking system for unranked lobbies like the one that is used for ranked matches. Sure, it's a bit more random but I believe that it could be more reliable than what we have right now. Connecting to lobbies that have either already started or are seemingly stuck, then retrying for about five times makes me wanna quit the game.

Sure, proper servers would be the best go-to solution but I don't think that this is viable any time soon. Unless, of course, we actually get crossplay, I believe having proper servers would be the only solution then anyway, right?

It would be interesting to have a Quick Match button, or Quick Racing, that you click on and the system already detects the best match for the player, in terms of less ping and that is preferably in the lobby.

Perhaps the player could choose between entering the lobby or entering a match in which Training was already completed, so the player would go straight to the race (but starting at the last position, of course)

This system exists in some other multiplayer games, such as fighting games and FPS.

Edited by nksrfn
  • Like 1