Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

classic cars categories

i think you should change a bit classic cars categories,because some cars dominate,like Ferrari f2004,it is impossible to win in other car against him,
like form 2005 onwards shuld be difrent category20200516132514_1.thumb.jpg.0289aeb3a5546dacc5eeb32a22e0f088.jpg

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, massa88 said:

i think you should change a bit classic cars categories,because some cars dominate,like Ferrari f2004,it is impossible to win in other car against him,
like form 2005 onwards shuld be difrent category20200516132514_1.thumb.jpg.0289aeb3a5546dacc5eeb32a22e0f088.jpg

You can change it to same spec but the f2004 is as good in the game as real life so I like it.

Posted (edited)

just note this was event race

his straight line speed is insane

Edited by massa88

Posted (edited)

The whole issue of classics is a bit of a bugbear to be honest.

Time Trial Leaderboards for example.

Unless you pick the right car, you can't be top as ALL classics are lumped together. This is also how the Ghost lap save data is stored.

TT uses 2019 performance, so very little chance of topping a leaderboard with anything other than a Merc (or possibly a Ferrari), no chance with a Williams (glitch / cheat laps excepted).

0 - F1 2019

1 - Classic

2 - F2 

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 1

They should have a different leaderboard for every classic car except for them that's in the same year/or almost same year.

To bad there are many of the old classic cars that won't be in the 2020 game. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I would like to see the 6 wheeler Tyrell in the classic cars section. 

I am pretty sure codemasters did all the work but obviously limited to how many classic cars they could have. 

TBH I was looking forward to the senna vs prost cars  

The senna car is ok  but prost Ferrari is superb    

They do have some great classic cars .I just wish you dont have this when selecting c class or like so on MULTIPLAYER as it means only a certain group can be picked. 

And stevie is correct about the TT .  Although I do like to try them in tt in the wet lol.

Edited by senna94f1
Old age and forgetfulness 🤯🤪

Codies could in fact release an f1 game that consisted solely of classic cars from the last 50 years. With classic tracks, drivers, teams and liveries. Yeh it would take several years to put it together and get all/most of the licensing. No doubt though it would be the biggest selling race game of all time.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

The whole issue of classics is a bit of a bugbear to be honest.

Time Trial Leaderboards for example.

Unless you pick the right car, you can't be top as ALL classics are lumped together. This is also how the Ghost lap save data is stored.

TT uses 2019 performance, so very little chance of topping a leaderboard with anything other than a Merc (or possibly a Ferrari), no chance with a Williams (glitch / cheat laps excepted).

0 - F1 2019

1 - Classic

2 - F2 

in TT i would like to see equal performance,
because i normally drive with williams there

about classic cars i know there is difference between cars because each is from different year,but is so annoying that 2004 car beat car from 2010 on straight line speed like rocket ship

also that first guy not sure how quick is that ferrari 
but it stand out form second guy
is that time posible with that car

Edited by massa88