F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

3 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Where do I edit the info? I see no check box just last year's info?

Screenshot_20200423-104702_Firefox.jpg

@sloppysmusic You go to account settings and select Edit Profile

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

On the top right of your profile screen @sloppysmusic there should be an'edit profile' option.

Should then see this: 

image.png

Ah thanks Barry! My tablet view was restricted. I will have to make sure to check the correct boxes as I noticed the moment I switched to F1 2020 the wrong boxes were clicked on, ie multiplayer when it should read single player for me. Thanks will fix that now!

📖😎

• Agree 1

Applied again. Hopefully I get in again. Always enjoy the f1 beta's. With the lock down got even more time to go bug hunting hopefully

I have a problem. I changed my Gamertag last year and where it says "Please enter your Gamertag for your preferred platform". My old Gamertag was GestirnZinker97.

My new and current GT is: TSR Zinker, idk how I can change it. Everything else worked.

1 minute ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

I have a problem. I changed my Gamertag last year and where it says "Please enter your Gamertag for your preferred platform". My old Gamertag was GestirnZinker97.

My new and current GT is: TSR Zinker, idk how I can change it. Everything else worked.

Don't worry @GestirnZinker97, its updated for you:

image.png

I'd like to submit a minor 'issue' regarding the beta application (oh the irony!). 1)When it asks for your experience first of all you can select multiple check boxes, when only 1 should really apply and 2) The choices incorrectly assume that the more experienced you are in single player then the more online play you participate in. There is no option for say 75-100 ai /single player only. The top 2 experience options are 75-100 plays online and 100+ league competitor. Being OCD I therefore have had to check a box that doesn't actually tell the truth! While playing normally I ONLY play career or single player but at a high level depending on the team I'm with. So I've checked the top 2 as the offline description is accurate for me despite the online portion not being accurate at all. In the beta I would definitely do online as well as offline as I'd expect some fair competition from other testers (unless of course we were deliberately testing the penalty system!).

I'd suggest if it's not too late that the beta app showed TWO experience questions, one for single player and one for online. My accurate answers to those questions would be single player 75-105 ai in depth career experience and total noob/beginner for online (please be gentle with me!)

Sorry don't mean to be pedantic regarding the actual application (the need to suggest improvements is itching to get going!) I just didn't want the info I gave to be inaccurate regarding my online experience, which it is.

Good luck Barry with your first major testing here, I'm sure all those league races you ran will come in handy! Look forward to testing with you online if selected.

😎

Hi @sloppysmusic,

Good shout on the multiple selection, I'll get something in place there.

For the 'difficulty' point, we've used it more as a gauge to see player skill than an exact statement. This is so we can test our game for players with range of skillset and abilities. I have changed to  '/' rather than 'and' to better reflect that its the one thats a best fit, and that it doesn't have to be exact. Go with a setting where you'd play your game at normally

Quite correct and updated. Thanks for the feedback, appreciated 👍

Thanks for the support, my first BETA. Let's hope the League Races pay off. 😄 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @sloppysmusic,

For the 'difficulty' point, we've used it more as a gauge to see player skill than an exact statement. This is so we can test our game for players with range of skillset and abilities. I have changed to  '/' rather than 'and' to better reflect that its the one thats a best fit, and that it doesn't have to be exact. Go with a setting where you'd play your game at normally

when should the beta be released?

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @sloppysmusic,

Sweet man! I can definitely test online as a super noob having not once even joined a lobby! I'm not proud of that fact but there you go!

🤓

Hi @advanceapple,

Whilst we cannot confirm a BETA date at this time, please check the closing time on the threads OP for a rough guideline. 

4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @advanceapple,

Whilst we cannot confirm a BETA date at this time, please check the closing time on the threads OP for a rough guideline. 

ok thx

Posted (edited)

Done for you good sir. Hope to be working with CM again as you have a great environment every year.

One note my name as it appears on steam has been shortened to just Singapore Lizard. This can't be changed on the application. @BarryBL

Edited by SingaporeTrackLizard

nice! Espero que me eligan por primera vez!

4 minutes ago, SingaporeTrackLizard said:

Done for you good sir. Hope to be working with CM again as you have a great environment every year.

One note my name as it appears on steam has been shortened to just Singapore Lizard. This can't be changed on the application. @BarryBL

Changed for you @SingaporeTrackLizard

Also, I've checked your application. You have 2 answers for the question "F1 Game Experience - Please select one platform to use for the Beta. If you select more than one your application my be rejected". Make sure its just 1 answer or it will get rejected. I've got your back 👊

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Changed for you @SingaporeTrackLizard

Also, I've checked your application. You have 2 answers for the question "F1 Game Experience - Please select one platform to use for the Beta. If you select more than one your application my be rejected". Make sure its just 1 answer or it will get rejected. I've got your back 👊

I explained in the 'Why I would like to be part of the beta' bit as to why, right at the end. However I will change it. 

Edited by SingaporeTrackLizard

Hello ! I just signed up for the first time to an F1 2020 beta! I pray for a favorable response! 😄
Good luck to everyone !