F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Will be around a week @baboonJay, depending on a few factors: 

• Amount of applicants I believe is the highest we've ever seen
  • Working from Home and 'My First BETA' could make the decision process a little longer while I make sure all is correct.
  • However long it takes for me to get the list together and the right candidates.

How will we know if we got in or not? Will there be an email sent to us? Thanks

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

• Working from Home and 'My First BETA' could make the decision process a little longer while I make sure all is correct.
  • However long it takes for me to get the list together and the right candidates.
  • Successful applicants will be contacted via email

and we get the infos when beta starts after that or before?

Edited by KiLLu12258

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SilverWolf54 said:

How will we know if we got in or not? Will there be an email sent to us? Thanks

there should be an email (i think). dont forget to check spam ordner then. 🙂

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AxelArvidzon39 said:

You know the beta is not the full game right ? 

I know!

Good luck to all of you!

May the F1 2020 BE(TA) with you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When we will receive the email? If choosed, of course.

16 minutes ago, GunDeviLnl said:

Going to be a long week 😞:classic_wacko:

You could maybe make the wait useful by trying to find a bug in F1 2019 that nobody has found before then tell Codies about it. If you DID find something new it would probably help with your beta application!

DISCLAIMER!! I I'm not Codies staff so that is only conjecture sorry! 🤣😎

• Agree 2

I know a few. Cars crashing when IA take over when you pass the line without time left to the Q1 or Q2 when racing a full qualifying online. Then you cannot do the next session. Next one is if a player broadcast on youtube when the session starts sometimes it's just loading until that player quit.

but why "good luck"??? it seems to be at lucky wheel 😄

it is not the draw to receive the game for free or to play before the others. you have to work mechanically following the directions to find the bugs, otherwise we find them later in the game

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

If there are a lot of applicants, people who spend a lot of time in the game and confirm or report nothing and do not complete feedback could be removed. 

Just can't wait to hear the slew of "thoughts" from users after 10 minutes of playing, that have zero chance of making the final game....

10 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

You could maybe make the wait useful by trying to find a bug in F1 2019 that nobody has found before then tell Codies about it. If you DID find something new it would probably help with your beta application!

This. Then why not see if the issue is present in the beta? Also, the known issues that people have.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 1

On 5/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, BarryBL said:

• Successful applicants will be contacted via email

How do we understand if we in the beta or not? Messages to email?

2 hours ago, DimoskA16 said:

How do we understand if we in the beta or not? Messages to email?

You get an email if you are in. There will be a post here to say, "Sorry, you're not a winner."

On 5/7/2020 at 10:32 PM, sloppysmusic said:

@sloppysmusic may not be Codies staff, but he’s right here. Proof of correct use of the forums and unique bug reporting, in the correct format, is the first thing I’ll take into consideration when deciding between similar applicants. 

And I AM Codies staff, so hold me to it all you like 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 3

I hope to give good feed back as done F1 beta before and other game studio makers beta.. 

Personally as not to disappoint myself I look at it I have as much chance as winning the uk lottery. 

Again and just my opinion people should be picked on if they league race and especially those who put in hundreds of  hours testing Racing and getting others involved in F1 league racing .ie league owners. These people are so passionate and know every little nook and cranny about F1. 

In the leagues I run and others that help out with. We will be  giving psn card vouchers for the winners to buy f12020.

I especially appreciate the last couple of  patches for f12019 that has made the game feel good again. 

.best of luck to everyone who applied for f12020 beta testing. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

Personally as not to disappoint myself I look at it I have as much chance as winning the uk lottery. 

Nah i don't believe this. If you're the right person then you get picked. As well as a selection of newcomers. It's too important to the final polishing of the game to be left to chance. But they obviously and quite rightly pick a wide selection of players. They dont just need tech heads the same as they dont just want random casuals. The whole point of public betas is to throw parts of the game out there that 'seem' ok to them to see what they may have missed. Sometimes it's something so obvious that it takes the guy playing for the first time ever to spot it : "hey how do I know which car I'm in? Only AFTER I select one will the game tell me!" Other times it might be the super nerd who points out the font on the advertising boards at Interlagos doesnt match the same advertiser at another track. Or in bright sunshine on a certain corner at Sochi the mirrors show the moon (ok I'm having fun here!)

The game is after all meant not just for racers but for gamers maybe playing for the first time a racing game. Some people might be looking for kerb placements and track signs (you KNOW who you are!) while others want to know why the racing line assist is making them crash in the same place every time, or is not visible on a sunny day ff you're color blind.

All sorts of people will buy the game so I'm confident all sorts will not only be invited but NEEDED for the beta. Which rules out a complete lottery. Codies won't want to take a risk and also they WILL want to take a risk to see what everyone thinks. 

My point (eventually!) being that @senna94f1if you're what they want then you'll likely be selected. Same goes for everyone who applied. If you really want to help out with future games and are not selected this time, that does not mean you'r not UP to the job. It just means you were either unlucky or not READY for the job. Now you've got a sign in take the opportunity this next year to give feedback, complaints and suggestions after you buy the game. Your ideas will make a difference and maybe next year it will be YOUR turn. It's a cool place to hang out here I can assure you!

Best of luck to you all and may everyone stay safe and healthy. 

Edited by sloppysmusic
silly typo :D
  • Agree 1