Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

You got my point wrong.  I did not say codemasters do it like the lottery lol.

I said I treat it as I have more chance of winning the lottery. 

That way  I am not disappointed. 

Personally I am looking forward to the 2 new tracks and the villains car .the Schumacher 1994 benetton. Great car with a v8 cosworth. In cheating he deprived hill of his 1st world title. 

The open lobbies in MULTIPLAYER are always negative and never last. 

The guys who who run F1 leagues and encourage others to buy into the game are more likely to buy next year's game .

Codemasters bought SMS  hopefully to enhance tyre model    .

.these are only yours and my opinions.  

And all what you've pointed out about curbs .banners. advertising boards and other bugs is pretty much standard stuff. .

I do like the bit where you don't need to  post DONE.  After applying for the beta. 

And what happened 🤪🧠

That did tickle me. All the best and see you on the bright side. 

3 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

You got my point wrong.  I did not say codemasters do it like the lottery lol.

I said I treat it as I have more chance of winning the lottery.  

That way  I am not disappointed. 

OK no problem I figured that was what you meant I just wrote that post for others maybe new here to encourage them to take part more in the forums this year instead of just signing up here, applying for the beta, then just disappearing. The forums need some fresh blood injected to keep them interesting and the beta sign up is obviously one of the major events that brings more people in to the online community here. That and of course whenecer a new game comes out.

BTW I almost forgot....

DONE!

😁🤣😎

This is my first time applying for a Beta test in general so I'm very excited because of it. Whoever gets chosen, I hope they will give valuable feedback to the developers. Good luck to everyone :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

how many people will be accepted for beta testing?

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2020 at 11:21 AM, BarryBL said:

Will be around a week @baboonJay, depending on a few factors: 

• Amount of applicants I believe is the highest we've ever seen
  • Working from Home and 'My First BETA' could make the decision process a little longer while I make sure all is correct.
  • However long it takes for me to get the list together and the right candidates.
  • Successful applicants will be contacted via email

I changed my Gamertag  after the application was closed and was not able to edit it on my beta application, is there any process in changing it or am i too late?

Edited by B37 WHEEZE

Posted (edited)

I changed my Gamertag  after the application was closed and was not able to edit it on my beta application, is there any process in changing it or am i too late?, could really use the help, i really want to get into the beta again this year @BarryBL

Edited by B37 WHEEZE

8 minutes ago, B37 WHEEZE said:

I changed my Gamertag  after the application was closed and was not able to edit it on my beta application, is there any process in changing it or am i too late?

Exactly the kind of applicant they don't need. Causing busy people more work. It's not rocket science.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Exactly the kind of applicant they don't need. Causing busy people more work. It's not rocket science.

Was a honest mistake, was forced to change my Gamertag due to the new Microsoft system, completely forgetting that the application had closed 

42 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

True.

it's not like people have had only 1 day to sign up or something. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, AlexTT said:

True.

it's not like people have had only 1 day to sign up or something. 

Like i said it was an honest mistake my guy, when i had to change my gamertag I completely forgot about having to change it on my application 

You can still go to your profile and edit it, just like you applied, not sure if it's gonna affect the result tho.

1 minute ago, FrezZyKinG said:

You can still go to your profile and edit it, just like you applied, not sure if it's gonna affect the result tho.

I have actually done that, let’s hope it works, thanks for taking the time to help though 

19 hours ago, LekuURA said:

how many people will be accepted for beta testing?

In the past it's always been 300 per platform, so around 900 in total.

39 minutes ago, Straßenkönig said:

When we get infos about the beta start or our key if we get one ?

There is no timescale that is definite. It won't be for at least a week....allegedly. Probably two weeks.

• Like 1

It's going to be nice to see what we get to work on i imagine codemaster has been very busy with the multiplayer section. Since lockdown is around the world the game has grown massive online. Hopefully those who get chosen can work together to do a good amount of testing in full lobby's, as in past game i still encounter many errors in the leagues i run. Good luck all. Happy testing👊.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

In the past it's always been 300 per platform, so around 900 in total.

I think it was 100 per platform with F1 2016. Last year I think it was just how many they think they wanted from the applicants.

Edited by UP100

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

I think it was 100 per platform with F1 2016. Last year I think it was just how many they think they wanted from the applicants.

As far as I recall it was invited participants with F1 2016 because it was the first one. Don't recall it being public. YTers and influencers went to Birmingham as I remember (as well as being given codes).

F1 2016 was great out of the box compared to F1 2015 (not hard). But then....patches. Game ruined.

F1 2017 was the first public one (beta). It was very disorganised and the beta was very buggy. Esports was the mid-cycle save.

F1 2018 was a change to the method, bit more organised but not sure the game really changed a lot. DX12 was a beta branch.

F1 2019 was no real shift in methodology. Quite enjoyable and modes were changed quite a bit more. Pity the game was bugged from the get go, CM have been on the back foot quite a bit with this release. Actually thought the beta was the best of the ones I participated in in terms of the game itself, just the release was in no way related to the feel. I think they tried to cram in too much untested content ("The Scenario", F2, leagues, etc.). 

I'm optimistic of better with F1 2020. Although, you could say "hope springs eternal". That is of course, assuming I'm successful in applying.

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

As far as I recall it was invited participants with F1 2016 because it was the first one. Don't recall it being public. YTers and influencers went to Birmingham as I remember (as well as being given codes).

F1 2016 was great out of the box compared to F1 2015 (not hard). But then....patches. Game ruined

F1 2016 had a beta that you'd write an application for. They did invite youtubers but that wasn't a part of it. I even applied for that one although horribly 😁

2017 was the first one I participated to.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I took part last year (my first beta). It was a great experience and I think the testers did a great job (at the end of the second/third phase I remember that finding new bugs was almost impossible). Everything was already reported. But as Steve said reporting is easy, fixing is hard and F12019 had so many new modes, contents and features with a depth that went beyond the beta.

I guess even a full game beta wouldn't have been enough to get everything right...

On 4/23/2020 at 2:02 PM, BarryBL said:

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR APPLICATION - PLEASE READ***

We have had reports that the gamertag question was unable to be edited. This has now been resolved. 

Please go back into your profile and BETA Access application form and update this when possible to be considered

2 of the checkbox questions require ONE answer only to be selected. Selecting more than this will void your application. Please ensure that your selections meet the criteria before closing to avoid disappointment.

As a gentle reminder, it is on you to make sure your application is correct and accounted for. I don't mean to be harsh, but there won't be enough time in the day to check everyone profiles 😄😄 😄 If I do it for one, I'll have to consider doing it for all. Hope you understand

I suggest possibly logging out of your account, logging back in and checking your information has saved as a general rule to make sure.

Also, do note that replying 'Done' is not necessary. Assist to @UP100 on this one 😛 

I Logged Into Another Account And It Still Said I Could Apply For The Beta Even Though I Applied 5 Days After The BETA Applications Were Closed

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sirio994 said:

I took part last year (my first beta). It was a great experience and I think the testers did a great job (at the end of the second/third phase I remember that finding new bugs was almost impossible). Everything was already reported. But as Steve said reporting is easy, fixing is hard and F12019 had so many new modes, contents and features with a depth that went beyond the beta.

I guess even a full game beta wouldn't have been enough to get everything right...

Looking at the bugs of F1 2019 testers didn't a great job...

Edited by djdavid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1