F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

How did I miss this??

I've been looking out for it, hoping to apply, as I tested last year's game.....and I only find it when it's closed! Gutted! 

24 minutes ago, djdavid said:

Looking at the bugs of F1 2019 testers didn't a great job...

Think you have to remember sometimes when 1 bug is squashed it may unfortunately bring an other issue up, coding is no easy job. 

• Agree 1

Originally it was 300 per system .ie pc, ps4 and xbox.

Personally and from a league perspective, f12019 was the best game so far straight out of the box.

As I recall only thing that needed tweaking was for wheel users only. Ffb was a tad too light in the rain.

But in its last 2 or 3 final patches they managed to turn the game f12019 around. 

F2 Never really worked. 

Aa a person who loves f1 for 46 years and I am 54 , a sim racer for 20 years .only want the best obviously within the limitations of video games. 

Sometimes our own expectations are too high .

Again for f12020 perhaps a slightly better tyre model as f12019 was pretty good towards the end  . 

Regardless if I am chosen to beta testing.  I am looking forward to  the 2 new tracks and the benetton and the bitten and hisses Jordan. 

.I did read somewhere that you can't pre order f12020 on the Sony psn store. Which seems abit strange. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, EVIL SCOTSMIN said:

Think you have to remember sometimes when 1 bug is squashed it may unfortunately bring an other issue up, coding is no easy job. 

Unfortunately that's the nature of computers. It has to be told how to do everything and it follows the instructions to the letter. If the instructions are slightly off or the way the game interacts with the engine etc then you have a tonne of issues.

Sooo, I've edited my profile because I've realised that I missed some information. Does it change anything with the chances of me joining the beta, like I get pushed back further down the line or might it possibly disqualify me, because I changed it after the applications for the beta had been closed. 

17 minutes ago, NGergely17 said:

Sooo, I've edited my profile because I've realised that I missed some information. Does it change anything with the chances of me joining the beta, like I get pushed back further down the line or might it possibly disqualify me, because I changed it after the applications for the beta had been closed. 

Most probably, last year, I changed my profile and not been choosed.

• Agree 1

On 5/7/2020 at 11:21 AM, BarryBL said:

Will be around a week @baboonJay, depending on a few factors: 

• Amount of applicants I believe is the highest we've ever seen
  • Working from Home and 'My First BETA' could make the decision process a little longer while I make sure all is correct.
  • However long it takes for me to get the list together and the right candidates.
  • Successful applicants will be contacted via email

We are waiting. Good luck to everyone!

11 hours ago, djdavid said:

Looking at the bugs of F1 2019 testers didn't a great job...

You seem to forget testers only report bugs they can't fix them! Some testers are more helpful than others for sure. That's why it's important for people in the beta to take it seriously and experiment with as many options as possible. Some people seem to treat the beta as just a way to get early access to the new game and only play to have fun, not even looking for problems let alone taking the trouble to report them. I saw a game site today that ran an article describing how people could 'get the new game early by applying for the beta' and even instructing them how to fill in their profile. That's exactly the kind of thing that does NOT help Codies make a better game! You can tell from some of the comments here which people just applied because it seemed a 'lucky dip to get a free game early'. I'm hoping that everyone selected takes a responsible attitude to the testing because the more that do, the better Codies can be informed of any issues before release. The beta program is definitely not run as a lucky dip for game fans, but as a serious attempt to open up some of the game modules to extra scrutiny before release. I'm of course hoping it's successful so we can look forward to a great game in July!

• Agree 13

58 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

You seem to forget testers only report bugs they can't fix them! Some testers are more helpful than others for sure. That's why it's important for people in the beta to take it seriously and experiment with as many options as possible. Some people seem to treat the beta as just a way to get early access to the new game and only play to have fun, not even looking for problems let alone taking the trouble to report them. I saw a game site today that ran an article describing how people could 'get the new game early by applying for the beta' and even instructing them how to fill in their profile. That's exactly the kind of thing that does NOT help Codies make a better game! You can tell from some of the comments here which people just applied because it seemed a 'lucky dip to get a free game early'. I'm hoping that everyone selected takes a responsible attitude to the testing because the more that do, the better Codies can be informed of any issues before release. The beta program is definitely not run as a lucky dip for game fans, but as a serious attempt to open up some of the game modules to extra scrutiny before release. I'm of course hoping it's successful so we can look forward to a great game in July!

This statement is very true.  This beta serves as the test bed for everything about this game.  Whether it’s online, career, my team, single player/challenges, etc, if we are chosen, we must explore all avenues to make this the best game we can have for July.  We are directly responsible for reporting any and all issues with the game.  I’m not saying treat this like a job but be aware of the importance of improvement on a game we all love.

Thats my two cents.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

That is so true a lot of people seem to be that way as far as I can read too.
You need to have the time to report bugs and give feedback, not just try and have fun racing and whinge about the bugs without explaining them

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I think the same.

What make me laugh all the people here that say good luck 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

13 years old? 15? Maybe 20 too.

Probably most of the 2019 testers were like this.

Believe me, I play driving games from Grand Prix Legend and Toca Race Driver. I know exactly how a game must be structured and how not.

And like me there are a lot of people.

Do you think software game houses wouldn't choose the right people for create the PERFECT game?

They simply don't want to! How could they create the next years game? 😁

The betas testing are just fried air...

22 minutes ago, djdavid said:

I think the same.

What make me laugh all the people here that say good luck 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

13 years old? 15? Maybe 20 too.

Probably most of the 2019 testers were like this.

Believe me, I play driving games from Grand Prix Legend and Toca Race Driver. I know exactly how a game must be structured and how not.

And like me there are a lot of people.

Do you think software game houses wouldn't choose the right people for create the PERFECT game?

They simply don't want to! How could they create the next years game? 😁

The betas testing are just fried air...

Codies DO want to pick the right people. You can be sure of that! The game is marketed at all ability levels and all ages but I'd be surprised if they let minors in because that's a dodgy area litigation wise (attorneys have no scruples). Of course they'd like the opinion of all ages but inviting a few youngsters to be involved in a private forum mixing with adults is NOT a good idea. I have full confidence Codies will only pick adults, or at least filter out the obvious youngsters.

21 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

The game is marketed at all ability levels and all ages but I'd be surprised if they let minors in because that's a dodgy area litigation wise (attorneys have no scruples). Of course they'd like the opinion of all ages but inviting a few youngsters to be involved in a private forum mixing with adults is NOT a good idea. I have full confidence Codies will only pick adults, or at least filter out the obvious youngsters.

Well you shall be surprised then 😁

Most likely only people under 13-year-olds are not allowed as they shouldn't even have a forum account.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well you shall be surprised then 😁

Most likely only people under 13-year-olds are not allowed as they shouldn't even have a forum account.

LOL man parents have no control over their kids these days, if you let your 8yo have a cellphone you can bet they are on fb, Facebook, Instagram etc etc. I personally believe it's child neglect but I'm a dinosaur I guess. Unless you ask them for government or student ID you can bet lies have been told. 🤔😒

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

LOL man parents have no control over their kids these days, if you let your 8yo have a cellphone you can bet they are on fb, Facebook, Instagram etc etc. I personally believe it's child neglect but I'm a dinosaur I guess. Unless you ask them for government or student ID you can bet lies have been told. 🤔😒

This parent as control my 9yr old is demanding a phone for those very reasons @sloppysmusic my demands are she can have a phone at 14 and unbeknown to her it will be for my benefit so I can keep track of what she's up to. I call it how to "jedi" your child. 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vadimidi said:

Hello!! Anyone who got selected for the Beta ?

No one yet more info probably Wednesday or Thursday, be patient people 

Just now, UNiTY Ryan said:

No one yet more info probably Wednesday or Thursday, be patient people 

And that is at the earliest, hundreds upon hundreds of people have applied this year so I really wouldn't be surprised if it takes until next week.

12 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

In addition to this, testers are also given a very limited version of the game which is designed for the devs to get feedback in the specific areas that they want to get feedback in.

For example, last year there was only access to a handful of tracks and only the multiplayer car. No career-mode etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I'm sure they have a lot of applications but I don't think just one person will be sorting through them.  I imagine it will be the next couple of days.  I just hope they select the correct people to point out the flaws no matter how minute they are.  This is the last F1 game on this generation of console.  I'm not worried.  I will be buying next year's game on PC.  That would be awesome to test for.

I think it will be later today or the next few days when the guys who are picked will be contacted. From what i read is that @BarryBL is working alone to sort out the applications so it will take some time even of it's now one week after the sign ups were closed