F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

i hope they will inform us today, but i expect they will us inform next week. thats realistic.

we will see. its done when its done. 😉

but there are some nice gameplay videos on youtube from some guys like TRL Limitless, Tiametmarduk, aarava, iContrast etc.

• Agree 2

I have never seen so many people logged online as last few days on this forum. 

Surely this can't all be about the beta testing of f12020. 

Or is it a sign of people already beta testing.  Who knows. 

I checked and you can't pre order on ps4 store  . I will ask a friend or call a friend called dave 

DAVE.

• Agree 1

On 5/12/2020 at 3:28 AM, sloppysmusic said:

You seem to forget testers only report bugs they can't fix them! Some testers are more helpful than others for sure. That's why it's important for people in the beta to take it seriously and experiment with as many options as possible. Some people seem to treat the beta as just a way to get early access to the new game and only play to have fun, not even looking for problems let alone taking the trouble to report them. I saw a game site today that ran an article describing how people could 'get the new game early by applying for the beta' and even instructing them how to fill in their profile. That's exactly the kind of thing that does NOT help Codies make a better game! You can tell from some of the comments here which people just applied because it seemed a 'lucky dip to get a free game early'. I'm hoping that everyone selected takes a responsible attitude to the testing because the more that do, the better Codies can be informed of any issues before release. The beta program is definitely not run as a lucky dip for game fans, but as a serious attempt to open up some of the game modules to extra scrutiny before release. I'm of course hoping it's successful so we can look forward to a great game in July!

I absolutely agree with you, apply to a beta tester program for getting early access is a mess.

I applied because I want to enhance the Multiplayer part of the game, and do F1 2020 as a hardest simulation as possible, just in case that the game will not be focused in that specific part of the game, I dont want to be selected, I dont want to waste my time nor make staff waste their time. I dont want a early access at all because I am a responsable person who would work hard in the game in order to have it as polish as possible and with fresh ideas about details that I would like to discuss with the staff.

So I would like to have a beta team who think in the game (each one in their each own tastes) and not in guys who wanted to play the game before than everyone.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, JuanCarMR said:

I absolutely agree with you, apply to a beta tester program for getting early access is a mess.

I applied because I want to enhance the Multiplayer part of the game, and do F1 2020 as a hardest simulation as possible, just in case that the game will not be focused in that specific part of the game, I dont want to be selected, I dont want to waste my time nor make staff waste their time. I dont want a early access at all because I am a responsable person who would work hard in the game in order to have it as polish as possible and with fresh ideas about details that I would like to discuss with the staff.

So I would like to have a beta team who think in the game (each one in their each own tastes) and not in guys who wanted to play the game before than everyone.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from because there are those people who are wanting just early access to brag. You said in yours that you would want to focus on multiplayer and I agree with you because other the years there have been the fair share of problems that have been improving and the community needs to pull together and work together. I would personally focus on Career with my team and other parts because this is a first time there has been this in a career mode and I am not going to expect it to be perfect so thats my preference on doing single player over multiplayer. But I totally agree 100% with that comment because there are gonna be loads of people who just want early access and not to help the dev's.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, nksrfn said:

I can't wait for this!

My birthday is tomorrow, by the way! Did you hear, Codemasters? xD

They don't want people that are not serious about this they will need people who will respond to problems so be serious and don't be silly it may be your birthday but that isn't really going to sweeten the deal

20 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

I checked and you can't pre order on ps4 store  . I will ask a friend or call a friend called dave 

DAVE.

F1 2020 will be available on PS4 at launch but is not available for pre-order on the PlayStation Store at this time. For more information, sign up to receive further updates.

I think Dave might send the emails :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, PBRACING7 said:

They don't want people that are not serious about this they will need people who will respond to problems so be serious and don't be silly it may be your birthday but that isn't really going to sweeten the deal

Ok, sorry.

Edited by nksrfn

1 minute ago, nksrfn said:

A developer also likes people who know how to interpret a text. This is essential.

I know what a beta is and its functions. I tested Valve games for more than 10 years, since 2008, as a beta-tester. I'm serious. I just made a joke in my previous message, so don't worry. You don't know me, so don't talk about what you don't know.

Ok I'm sorry but I was just saying be a bit more serious sorry dude! Sorry 

1 minute ago, PBRACING7 said:

Ok I'm sorry but I was just saying be a bit more serious sorry dude! Sorry 

No problem! Sorry too.

3 minutes ago, nksrfn said:

A developer also likes people who know how to interpret a text. This is essential.

I know what a beta is and its functions. I tested Valve games for more than 10 years, since 2008, as a beta-tester. I just made a joke in my previous message, so don't worry. You don't know me, so don't talk about what you don't know.

The problem with humour is Marmite. So don't go there!

Now you sound defensive and aggressive all rolled into one 🙂

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

The problem with humour is Marmite. So don't go there!

Now you sound defensive and aggressive all rolled into one 🙂

You are right. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't been given testing access to F1 before so sorry if this is a bit of a no brainer. If I do get through to testing the game. where do we go to report bugs and potential fixes etc? is it just on this post or will we get more info through an email? cheers

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

DAVE.

Hi @senna94f1,

Please refrain from speculating on the BETA process, as it doesn't help with something that is already heavily speculated on. I can confirm, as in other posts on the thread, that the BETA is not yet in place.

• Agree 4

I can't wait. so far the gameplay i saw looks pretty damn good

3 minutes ago, hier217 said:

I can't wait. so far the gameplay i saw looks pretty damn good

Me too... ***** Christ I would love if I've been selected but...I think that also this year isn't my fortunate one

Sorry for the intrusion ... I would like to know only if the beta is still available .. I didn't do it in time before because my father passed away and I didn't have time to do it .. thanks for any answers ...

@BarryBL is it possible to know if all the numbers are available or like last year, for example the number 71 was blocked by devon butler?

14 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

@BarryBL is it possible to know if all the numbers are available or like last year, for example the number 71 was blocked by devon butler?

Oh man, that was sooo unfortunate for you!

I think it will be, as I don't think that Butler and Weber will be in the game as now all F2 drivers can go to F1. I might be wrong tho!

7 minutes ago, Schneko said:

Oh man, that was sooo unfortunate for you!

I think it will be, as I don't think that Butler and Weber will be in the game as now all F2 drivers can go to F1. I might be wrong tho!

i hope not.

1 hour ago, Karter430 said:

I haven't been given testing access to F1 before so sorry if this is a bit of a no brainer. If I do get through to testing the game. where do we go to report bugs and potential fixes etc? is it just on this post or will we get more info through an email? cheers

it will be through a separate beta tester only part of this forum !