F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

1 minute ago, RyanWard said:

how do you know if you have been selected or not

The answer is 6 posts before yours.  Generally, in a thread that's over 20 pages, you'll find the answer you're looking for if you just start reading backwards.  Almost guaranteed someone else will have had the same question!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RyanWard said:

how do you know if you have been selected or not

You will receive an e-mail on your address associated with your Codies account (only if you've been selected).

Posted (edited)

How can someone be any use at testing and reporting bugs if they can't even read information, and constantly ask the same question that's been asked several times on the same b%;3£y page, sometimes even in the previous post.

Best of luck Codemasters, you will surely need it.

And I'm also surprised some people have the continued patience to answer them.

Edited by Morsify
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 5

Hi @BarryBL

A lot of news drops today about the game, do you have any information about when we could potentially hear about if we have been granted beta access and when it will go live?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Morsify said:

And I'm also surprised some people have the continued patience to answer them. 

Most of us who do are regulars who do it out of habit cos we appreciate the forums being a friendly helpful place. In normal life (pre-beta application) it can get pretty quiet in here so they is no such thing as a dumb question. In these times however it's getting silly. I logged on this afternoon for my usual hour but by the end I literally could not read the new posts fast enough to keep up with the pace they were being written. I feel sorry for any player who has asked a genuine question about the current game (F1 2019) today for example as it's been swamped with 'beta fever'. I gave up writing answers, fortunately there are others who are helping out too.

None of us regular forum members (non staff) know anything about the NEW game other than what everyone else can see online especially on YouTube. The people who actually know (Codies staff) are not allowed to give specific answers yet due to the game still being worked on. BarryBL has been as helpful as usual and the audio guy too (sorry haven't learned your name yet mate!).

On the one hand it's really good for Codies to have a vibrant online community with lots of Q&A, on the other hand people seem to forget that this is a message forum not a CHAT forum like discord is mostly. So clogging up all the threads with one or 2 word random comments will make it really hard for Codies to find genuine questions to answer, or harder for people looking for answers to find them. I'd really like to recommend people looking for answers especially about the new game use the SEARCH function first before posting a new question. Good chance you'll find your answer in there, I think we've seen most of them before lol.

For those people new to the forums excited about the prospect of helping Codies make a better game i can assure you the best thing you can do is to browse through older threads. You might find a question there that was not fully answered because none of us here knew it but YOU DO know the answer or can fill us in with more details from your experience. We'd all love to hear of your experience and knowledge especially if you can solve the unsolvable for us! I'm sure some new good answers would help with your beta chances if not now maybe next time. It's a friendly community here and most helpful. Most of us are in for the long haul even if we get displeased with a release one year, there is always the next release to try to make better.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

I hope the people who get chosen will report bugs and not just play and not report if there's a bug they see

• Agree 1

If chosen there will be  a private f1 beta on the forum for reporting and doing certain game beta testing which codemasters will ask you to do.

.hope this helps.  

I hope all that people who ask how (or when) the beta will be launch will not be selected... 🤣

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, JuanCarMR said:

I hope all that people who ask how (or when) the beta will be launch will not be selected... 🤣

Oh haven't you heard yet? Codemasters have made a filter that will remove you from the beta entry list if you use if and se*****d/pi***d in the same message 😜

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MrCosta96 said:

Being more active here won't exactly increase your chances

But in general, being more active on the forums will increase your chances quite significantly 😉 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, UP100 said:

But in general, being more active on the forums will increase your chances quite significantly 😉 

i would prefer a german section in the forums. not every one have a good english 😉

It's definitely good to think positively like that, I'm hopeful for either today or tomorrow. I'm not going to be surprised if things are delayed until next week, especially with everyone working on their own at home.

39 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Not wishing to add to the unnecessary posts, but Crikey, surely all the silly little one liners that have started flooding in, are not actually helping those posters to get picked ! ? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Morsify said:

Not wishing to add to the unnecessary posts, but Crikey, surely all the silly little one liners that have started flooding in, are not actually helping those posters to get picked ! ? 

It's easy to check an applicant's post history. I'm sure that will be considered. I don't think I got to 3,726 by accident.

Edited by steviejay69