F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Please hang in there!

I'm currently thinking about if I should lock this thread for now so that we can have the "final message" include all the FAQ 😁

...Though then I'd have to be shutting down new threads asking about the beta!

You probably need an worker tied down to a chair with the amount of beta threads there will be. I would volunteer but I’ve seen that many so I will leave it to the professionals 😂

Just now, cpayne32 said:

You probably need an worker tied down to a chair with the amount of beta threads there will be. I would volunteer but I’ve seen that many so I will leave it to the professionals 😂

That'd be me 😁

Though I think @steviejay69 will have it even worse... if he gets through at least... Well I mean I don't even know if he has applied, kinda just expecting that. I won't be able to survive the Technical Assistance threads without you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Please hang in there!

I'm currently thinking about if I should lock this thread for now so that we can have the "final message" include all the FAQ 😁

...Though then I'd have to be shutting down new threads asking about the beta!

I think this post is perfect for rambling about the Beta, if you lock it down,wel..anarchy will start, so I don't want to make decisions because I'm not in a position to do so, but I think it's better to leave them asking their questions here than to let them open new threads about this just to be shut down 😄

1 minute ago, Cunga said:

I think this post is perfect for rambling about the Beta, if you lock it down,wel..anarchy will start, so I don't want to make decisions because I'm not in a position to do so, but I think it's better to leave them asking their questions here than to let them open new threads about this just to be shut down 😄

It doesn’t matter what they do as people will still creat them regardless. I’m expecting at least 5 new threads being setup tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

I hope I'll get notified before the emails should be going out. In the past it has actually become an anarchy on the main thread when people get ****** at others for making into the beta... 😞 

I feel like the censored word is something that could be said on television no problem but you'll never know what it was!

Edited by UP100

Posted (edited)

I think I know what it was 🧐

Edited by cpayne32

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I hope I'll get notified before the emails should be going out. In the past it has actually become an anarchy on the main thread when people get ****** at others for making into the beta... 😞 

I feel like the censored word is something that could be said on television no problem but you'll never know what it was!

I actually have an idea but nevermind 😛😄

I don't know anything about how these forums work on the backend but wouldn't there be a way to freeze this one and block anything that mentions beta with a filter.

just trying to help 🙂

Just now, smalls048 said:

I don't know anything about how these forums work on the backend but wouldn't there be a way to freeze this one and block anything that mentions beta with a filter.

just trying to help 🙂

i think that would just create frustration and when the actuall beta is released the beta buble is gonna burst and the whole forums gonna be flodded with posts about who got in or not and that would be even worse then having it all in here 

2 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

just trying to help 🙂

Considering that we broke the forums by adding that little checkbox if you play on Google Stadia... I don't think I'd be willing to take the risk! That "Your profile is 66% complete" is still broken, but I just advise everyone to press the 'dismiss' button.

Also about words: Here is a study released by OFCOM about things that'd be censored by the forums. WARNING: Contains loads of offensive language... as it's a study about them.
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/91624/OfcomOffensiveLanguage.pdf

All I had to do was input my twitch and twitter and it seemed to 100% it again, either that or something that was fixed via the Google Stadia thing made it work just by trying again, either way it's 100% now and I can stop cringing everytime I see it lmao

• Agree 1

All these people asking, will you be patient enough for codies to fix the bugs or keep saying the same thing over and over again? 
not sure who gets picked but if you keep being repetitive and asking the same question I’m sure you’d have a lesser chance.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Maffoom007 said:

All these people asking, will you be patient enough for codies to fix the bugs or keep saying the same thing over and over again? 
not sure who gets picked but if you keep being repetitive and asking the same question I’m sure you’d have a lesser chance.

Its probably the case that the people begging for beta information/ codes are the ones who are likely to not give feedback on the game or leak stuff. It happens every year

• Agree 2

There will inevitably be leaks, but that only spoils the surprise for everybody else. I definitely agree with you @cpayne32. It cemented by the fact that Codemasters probably won't allow people who leak the game back onto the next years beta. I just hope that they get all the feedback they want as it is up to the testers to help the game become as polished as possible for the final release.

Just now, smalls048 said:

There will inevitably be leaks, but that only spoils the surprise for everybody else. I definitely agree with you @cpayne32. It cemented by the fact that Codemasters probably won't allow people who leak the game back onto the next years beta. I just hope that they get all the feedback they want as it is up to the testers to help the game become as polished as possible for the final release.

Totally agree. I was on the beta last year and gave back a lot of information to help with the game but never once leaked gameplay.

• Agree 1

Just now, cpayne32 said:

Totally agree. I was on the beta last year and gave back a lot of information to help with the game but never once leaked gameplay.

Leaking gameplay as a beta tester is one of the most disturbing thing a person can do imo 😄 If you are selected but can't give any reasonable feedback, well good for you enjoy the game BUT don't leak it 😄 So yeah, totally agree with you mate. It's a bit sad to see that most of the people who had applied for this beta would really give close to 0 feedback and/or leak the game to news sources/youtube.

Posted (edited)

I think the vast majority of people are trustworthy but there are always a few who are going so see beta access as content for videos. If I'm selected it will be my first beta but people need to realise that it is not the full copy of the game and that they will only have access to a few modes. They do also need to realise that feedback is essential and the quality of it must also be good to do anything meaningful for the final release.

Edited by smalls048
  • Like 1

One thing people have to understand is that getting the beta is a responsibility, not a privilege. Codemasters enstow a good deal of faith in their candidates to not go flaunting it around like it's a new toy and telling their friends everything it does. I mean if they were gonna do that, they may as well have opened a 3 day open beta and not worry about all these applications. If people can't respect that, then we lose it and if we keep losing it by those small indiscretions Codemasters might turn around and just release the exclusive editions to the YouTubers and no one gets the beta from there on out. So whoever gets it, be respectful to those who didn't and those who don't just remember it's not the end of the world and there is still a some remote chance you could be able to get it for the next one. I've missed out twice and I'm not hinging on 'third times the charm' if I get it, hoorah, if not it just wasn't meant to be for me. But at least I applied and tried. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

You'll likely all know the betas out the second it happens because some dipstick (car related insult!) will just not be able to resist the temptation to post screenshots to Twitter the moment they load the game up. Happened last year wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again sadly. A reminder to anyone reading this who has applied to the beta that doing anything like this (posting images or videos of any kind) on any social media platforms (YouTube especially !) is strictly AGAINST the terms and conditions we have all agreed to when applying for the beta program. Read it again now if you're not sure or forgot. Breaking the conditions in any way will result in your access code being swiftly disabled and likely a forum ban as well...... So celebrate on your own if you are chosen please! Telling your mom is fine I'm sure lol but keep the game play you have been intrusted with to yourself if you want to stay involved in the testing!

• Haha 1

I hope they pick up the right people. I play F1 since 2011. In my opinion its a joke if a player get a beta key who play only since few months or 2 times per year 😅

Posted (edited)

The older players may not be the best as just because you have played the games for a while does not mean you are more likely to give feedback that's better than a new player, it also doesn't mean that you would be less likely to leak it. New players can often be helpful as they may go into the game and point out something really obvious that older players won't see. That being said it is probably helpful for the person to understand F1 to be in the beta 😂.

I'm a new player (only started to really get into the sport in mid-2018), but that doesn't mean that I don't understand the sport. Just because I haven't got many years of liking the sport and game wouldn't mean I'm not 'right'. I'm using myself as an example here, but clearly it would translate to other people.

TLDR: New players can have just as valuable feedback as older players and it purely depends on the quality of feedback. Older players may give better feedback as they have more experience but playing it longer alone doesn't make you the 'right' player. Codemasters will choose who they think it is right.

Looking back at it I realise I've written an essay so apologies to anyone who read it all.

Edited by smalls048
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

Looking back at it I realise I've written an essay so apologies to anyone who read it all.

No worries man, but you must be still fairly young if you think THAT was an essay. Just look at the VOLUMES some of us crusties write here and you'll see yours was fairly short! 📝😂

Posted (edited)

I just felt it was quite a long response in comparison to the original comment. Oh, and read like a rant.

Edited by smalls048

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

You'll likely all know the betas out the second it happens because some dipstick (car related insult!) will just not be able to resist the temptation to post screenshots to Twitter the moment they load the game up. Happened last year wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again sadly. A reminder to anyone reading this who has applied to the beta that doing anything like this (posting images or videos of any kind) on any social media platforms (YouTube especially !) is strictly AGAINST the terms and conditions we have all agreed to when applying for the beta program. Read it again now if you're not sure or forgot. Breaking the conditions in any way will result in your access code being swiftly disabled and likely a forum ban as well...... So celebrate on your own if you are chosen please! Telling your mom is fine I'm sure lol but keep the game play you have been intrusted with to yourself if you want to stay involved in the testing!

This would be my first beta here if I was to be selected, I don't use Twitter, Twitch or youtube, so I'm in the clear LOL

• Agree 1