F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

This is my first year-ish just reading the forum, made my account last month, so I didnt expect being chosen. However, is the sass always this big after the BETA announcement, or is this just a popular year?

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Mails have been sent and access granted. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for applying. We've had record applicants this year, and it's not a easy decision for users. 

What I can give away is a little information for consideration next year. A great way to ensure you are considered well for the BETA, in my opinion (which matters all of a sudden) is:

• Posting complete bug reports in the game cycle. This is the decider for me. If you post reports and test correctly while a game is live, we'll want you 😛 
  • Correct forum behaviour and etiquette. Be active and contribute to a forum that is a great place to be. Be constructive, critical and respectful to others.
  • If you have a problem or an issue, think about how the information we need to fix it. Just because it's not BETA season, it doesn't mean we are not looking to improve the game.

I think the record is just because a lot of people just want to Play the game early. Most dont know what Beta test means. Was on SMS for pcars and contribute a lot there. Hopefully the guys u choosen do the same 🙂

• Agree 2

this is the first beta for an f1 game that i have applied for, sad to see that i didn't get in but i understand why can't wait for the full release on the 7th and hopefully i get chosen for next years

I'm sad I didn't get in. I play since the 2010 version. I was an active beta player in 2019. I have reported several bugs.
Now we just have to wait for the premiere of the game.

1 minute ago, tYsU said:

I'm sad I didn't get in. I play since the 2010 version. I was an active beta player in 2019. I have reported several bugs.

Well, they don't care about this, I saw people who bragged with them getting chosen, who registered his account on the 30th of April 2020. I'm sorry for you and everyone else who was active on the forum, or on previous beta testes. It's a shame if you ask me, but I'm not in charge.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Mails have been sent and access granted. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for applying. We've had record applicants this year, and it's not a easy decision for users. 

What I can give away is a little information for consideration next year. A great way to ensure you are considered well for the BETA, in my opinion (which matters all of a sudden) is:

• Posting complete bug reports in the game cycle. This is the decider for me. If you post reports and test correctly while a game is live, we'll want you 😛 
  • Correct forum behaviour and etiquette. Be active and contribute to a forum that is a great place to be. Be constructive, critical and respectful to others.
  • If you have a problem or an issue, think about how the information we need to fix it. Just because it's not BETA season, it doesn't mean we are not looking to improve the game.

GG

1 minute ago, nksrfn said:

@BarryBL Is Codemasters accepting suggestions and feedbacks for F1 2019?

The 2019 cycle is finished at this time, but we are accepting separate feedback. As you can imagine, a LOT of our effort will now be on 2020

• Agree 2

Just now, nksrfn said:

@BarryBL Is Codemasters accepting suggestions and feedbacks for F1 2019?

In the current 2019 forum there is plenty of space to drop your ideas and suggestions. Question however is how useful that is. I don’t expected any changes to that game. Better focus on the new game. 

Is there any chance of more codes coming out at a later date or anything or is that it

I've applied the last two years I think, but don't know If I will next year, I don't got the time doing all detailed bug reports over the year and being constantly active. I play the game much because of league racing and career and stuff, but F1 isn't the only (simracing) game I play and so it will be impossible being that active over a year for me. But hopefully the guys picked are cooperative and help fixing everything so the game is good as it can.

11 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

This is my first year-ish just reading the forum, made my account last month, so I didnt expect being chosen. However, is the sass always this big after the BETA announcement, or is this just a popular year?

This tends to happen every year 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Also: People who have the beta, please use the beta forums!

12 minutes ago, tYsU said:

Exactly the same here, haven’t been chosen once. Hope everyone uses the beta wisely and improves the game.

Good luck to everyone who got the beta! Can't wait for the full game to be released though, you guys have work to do! 😄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, tYsU said:

Me too been playing since F1 2010 and been simracing since 2013 driving in Several sims have been Preordering every game I could since 2016. Probably having driven several Thousands of hours in sims I think forum activity ranks higher than experience

Edited by TheFBLP

1 minute ago, TheFBLP said:

Me too been playing since F1 2010 and been simracing since 2013 driving in Several sims have been Preordering every game I could since 2016. Probably having driven several Thousands of hours in sims I think forum activity ranks higher than experience

What you put into the "Please tell us why you'd like to be a part of this beta" also matters! Just a tip for the upcoming years. I tend to go overboard with my essays 😁

• Disagree 1

Hi.  I have a problem with access, I don't know if this is the right forum to ask or do I have to go to another.

The trend still goes on...2017-2020, never choosed for the Beta. 4 in a row😕

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Cunga said:

Well, they don't care about this, I saw people who bragged with them getting chosen, who registered his account on the 30th of April 2020. I'm sorry for you and everyone else who was active on the forum, or on previous beta testes. It's a shame if you ask me, but I'm not in charge.

exactly. you just know a lot of the guys in the beta now will not give feedback. they applied for the sake of early gameplay... the sort who use full assists and 87 AI and have no idea about the first thing on realism... meanwhile people who will give proper feedback on bugs and glitches, and know realism inside out with handling and track models and have WR pace aren’t accepted. a shame. needs to be less about chance and more about actually reading profiles and seeing who’s the best fit... no random picking, no accepting those who are loyal to forums, but accepting people with actual talent and an understanding of what’s right and wrong for F1 and can actually be useful... 

Edited by DrVader786
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3