F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

Posted (edited)

It‘s somewhat sad to see that some users have yet to realise that being chosen for the beta means that they have new, but generally simple, rules to follow. Using the appropriate sub-forum, not posting screenshots to the public (and therefore violating the agreement) and not bragging about being chosen should be the norm.

For those of you who can play and most importantly test the game right now: Please provide valuable feedback and stick to the rules. Anything else is just not okay and can upset players that wanted to be part of the beta process, including myself.

Edited by KingDome24
  • Like 2
  • Agree 12

11 minutes ago, xPatte said:

Its a joke

No, it's not a joke. Some can put their finger on the issue after playing the game for 1 hour and give perfect feedback. I find it rather strange that you have 700 hours of playing time and you haven't posted one single issue or contributed in a constructive way. Having joined April 25th and already judging the choices made, well that makes it clear to me...

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 5

I feel so unlucky. I didn't mind that I wasn't chosen, but after re-checking my application I realized of the "Please tell us why you'd like to be a part of this beta" apart. I never knew about this before. Maybe it was just me that I didn't notice, or it was a glitch and for some reason it didn't show me at that time. Mann, I really had to re-check my application.
Congratulations to the successful applicants, anyway!

Sooo looking forward to this game, I’m quite pleased that they have gone back to mapping the ears to each track

23 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

No, it's not a joke. Some can put their finger on the issue after playing the game for 1 hour and give perfect feedback. I find it rather strange that you have 700 hours of playing time and you haven't posted one single issue or contributed in a constructive way. Having joined April 25th and already judging the choices made, well that makes it clear to me...

Correct, because I never hear from the forum before this Date. I buy since 2013/2014 every year the Game and watch a lot of F1. I think its not important how long I use the the forum 😉 Play the game and the forum are two different things. 

• Agree 3

It's obviously a bit disappointing to not get to test the new game but I want to thank @BarryBL and everyone at codemasters who organised this beta for everyone. Hopefully I'll get to test the game next year 😁

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Newtonator97 said:

Sooo looking forward to this game, I’m quite pleased that they have gone back to mapping the ears to each track

:classic_biggrin: auto correct :classic_love:

Edited by steviejay69

28 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Not every body who play the game long and a lot hear from the forum or follow on twitter. But I think Nevertheless you can give a good feedback. prejudices from you....

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, xPatte said:

Correct, because I never hear from the forum before this Date. I buy since 2013/2014 every year the Game and watch a lot of F1. I think its not important how long I use the the forum 😉 Play the game and the forum are two different things. 

And oh sorry, after I look at the PSN trophies, I played since 2011 

4448787A-5065-43B4-ADC8-670D49D56A5E.png

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Come on marcel .dont jump on people back please. 

Its clear to the adults that alot of kids have been picked and you can clearly see they have new accounts with no posts .

Then we have people who have been accepted posting on here.

I wonder who was given automatic rights to beta 🤣

Edited by senna94f1
That's what I thought. And who on earth comes from Diss 🤣
  • Confused 1

It's fair enough choosing very new members for beta testing as it will give a good indicator of how the new steering assist and such are working.

It's always good to be able to judge how accessible games are.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mattb97 said:

It's fair enough choosing very new members for beta testing as it will give a good indicator of how the new steering assist and such are working.

It's always good to be able to judge how accessible games are.

I suppose a steering assist is always helpful to us "newbies"

IMG_20200518_234607.jpg

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, DannyRicF1 said:

well guess i have to wait until july 7th

I’ll be waiting until July the 8th.

only 50 days to go lol

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

Come on marcel .dont jump on people back please. 

Its clear to the adults that alot of kids have been picked and you can clearly see they have new accounts with no posts .

Then we have people who have been accepted posting on here.

I wonder who was given automatic rights to beta 🤣

I'm not jumping on someone's back but I don't like people not being picked and jumping to unfounded conclusions. I'm pretty sure Codemasters made balanced choices and of course the hardcore forum visitors will be more in the picture than those who show up just before the deadline. But stating that it's a joke based on zero knowledge, that's a joke. And for your information, I had to apply, just like everyone else.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

I'm not jumping on someone's back but I don't like people not being picked and jumping to unfounded conclusions. I'm pretty sure Codemasters made balanced choices and of course the hardcore forum visitors will be more in the picture than those who show up just before the deadline. But stating that it's a joke based on zero knowledge, that's a joke. And for your information, I had to apply, just like everyone else.

The its a joke was related to another comment. But its okay if you didn't understand it 😅 For me its okay that I dont invide for the beta, but it makes no sense that you are attacking me

Ngl feel a bit hard done by, had the beta the past few years and always been reliable and trustworthy with feedback, thought you guys may have valued my time and effort a bit more.... @BarryBL

20 minutes ago, SIMONTY2013 said:

Got my beta code invite and downloading does anyone know when it goes live !!!

Have fun and give a good feedback ☑️🏽

4 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

commitment

Yeeeessss...that's the right word....commitment...

:classic_cool:

7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Mails have been sent and access granted. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for applying. We've had record applicants this year, and it's not a easy decision for users. 

What I can give away is a little information for consideration next year. A great way to ensure you are considered well for the BETA, in my opinion (which matters all of a sudden) is:

• Posting complete bug reports in the game cycle. This is the decider for me. If you post reports and test correctly while a game is live, we'll want you 😛 
  • Correct forum behaviour and etiquette. Be active and contribute to a forum that is a great place to be. Be constructive, critical and respectful to others.
  • If you have a problem or an issue, think about how the information we need to fix it. Just because it's not BETA season, it doesn't mean we are not looking to improve the game.

Just wondering, I can't find the Beta thread like what we had for 2019? It's not coming up for me like last year and when are we able to access the beta?

9 minutes ago, Nat said:

Just wondering, I can't find the Beta thread like what we had for 2019? It's not coming up for me like last year and when are we able to access the beta?

If you got the email the link is at the bottom of the page...

• Like 1

I wanted to thank you for choosing me..sononl for many years an f1 player since 2010 which was one of the best f1 played in my life.  I will try to contribute as much as possible to improve this f1 title and being part of it is important to me. When will the forum be open for beta?  thanks again, see you soon

• Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, davidSlater said:

I wanted to thank you for choosing me..sononl for many years an f1 player since 2010 which was one of the best f1 played in my life.  I will try to contribute as much as possible to improve this f1 title and being part of it is important to me. When will the forum be open for beta?  thanks again, see you soon

It's open now