F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

make sure that the F1 2020 Pad OP edition is released again this year. Have fun and do not turn too much, I recommend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

make sure that the F1 2020 Pad OP edition is released again this year. Have fun and do not turn too much, I recommend.

Pad OP is being buried this year. Gives us wheel users a chance 😂

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, cpayne32 said:

Il Pad OP verrà sepolto quest'anno. Ci dà la possibilità agli utenti delle ruote 😂

of course mate 😄

Just now, advanceapple said:

wait codemasters

in italian: aspetta e spera

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JuanCarMR said:

This will be my last message in Codemaster's forum. Enough is enough...

I dont mind not be picked up for the beta, despite of the fact that I had work year after year giving propper feedback for some bugs with videos and fulfilling completely the template that year after year they gave to us. I had scrupulously complied with the rules as well, and yep, I am not in the beta and for me, that is not a problem, I thought there were people better prepared to do that job. I assumed that as an statement. 

But, when I see people like:

- JOHNNIEWALKE3** (joined on April 29) with no reputation, with null contribution of the bugs, jumping the rules... and he is not the only one:

-  jmorenogarc**, similar profile than the other one

- AdamSon**, the same...

I do not doubt at all the value of these beta testers, dont get me wrong, I doubt the apply process where we have been given a series of guidelines and where these profiles do not meet a single one.

Currently, I know that the one who isnt valuable for the forum is me. Ok.

So, at least, beta, give us players the best game ever in F1!!! 

Someone can tell me how I can erase my Codemaster forum profile? I dont know how to do it

Hate to see you go. Bare in mind that you are just as important outside the beta and that your contribution has been appreciated. Beta is just a couple of weeks and you have almost a year to contribute and we all know that there will be input needed once the game goes life, but it's your choice which i respect. If you still want to go send me a pm and I will explain how to erase your account. Choose wisely my young apprentice.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Hate to see you go. Bare in mind that you are just as important outside the beta and that your contribution has been appreciated. Beta is just a couple of weeks and you have almost a year to contribute and we all know that there will be input needed once the game goes life, but it's your choice which i respect. If you still want to go send me a pm and I will explain how to erase your account. Choose wisely my young apprentice.

he's right, I understand that by now I have a poisoned tooth that you haven't listened to me all year long despite overwhelming evidence on certain subjects. but guys who came out of nowhere with the beta just for the glory of playing first of all is unacceptable. give the possibility to more competent people excluding me.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davidSlater said:

I wanted to thank you for choosing me..sononl for many years an f1 player since 2010 which was one of the best f1 played in my life.  I will try to contribute as much as possible to improve this f1 title and being part of it is important to me. When will the forum be open for beta?  thanks again, see you soon

Another one who cant find the beta section. 

My god please stop me from laughing. 

Good luck with these people over adults 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙏🍻🤪

1 minute ago, senna94f1 said:

Another one who cant find the beta section. 

My god please stop me from laughing. 

Good luck with these people over adults 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙏🍻🤪

sorry senna..but you arrive 5h late..and I'm already inside..thanks for the observation anyway !! 😉

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

That's fair enough.  

But I would say certain people had a much higher opportunity. Let's say that.

People who have been picked seems to  be the new account people just for beta.

They themselves have been posting in wrong section and although they are not trying to  rub other people's noses. That's exactly what happened. 

And if they clearly can't post in the right sections then it does not bode well on the choice. 

Its suppose to be a community but I think its more of a community for a chosen few .

.I was cross referencing yesterday and I was gobsmacked to see how many had been or said they had been accepted to see they had only joined codemasters forum to get beta testing. 

I suppose if you speak the truth it tends to get up people's noses and you are not picked. 

Funny old world that. 

And every year dave will get in .he doesn't have to post or even come on the forum   .

But I will say I am never envious or negative if someone is selective.  I will congratulate them and say best of luck.

The above us a truthful fact  

totally understand your frustration. i dont get it why you are not choosen and the other guys instead. Its not fair and all and do not fit the post from @BarryBL how they choose the testers.

the first indicators of many testers are not that good, as they even cant read the forums correctly.

Edited by KiLLu12258

Guys it makes no sense to keep complaining about it. This year went in this way, we can't change it. All we can do is playing F1 2019 until July. Next could be better

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KiLLu12258 said:

totally understand your frustration. i dont get it why you are not choosen and the other guys instead. Its not fair and all and do not fit the post from @BarryBL how they choose the testers.

the first indicators of many testers are not that good, as they even cant read the forums correctly.

not only this. if u have a look at some profiles, then u see that chosen people dont have a single post anywhere then here in the beta thread... and they have nothing really contributed to the game or made any proposals for the future or anything like this. and its obviously that they choose not only from what barry said. and for me personally, i think a lot of the beta testers just use the beta for early access. but that's my personal opinion.... even if i'm sure that im right

• Agree 2

What factors were taken into consideration when selecting the testers or is it just a random choice?

2 hours ago, JuanCarMR said:

This will be my last message in Codemaster's forum. Enough is enough...

I dont mind not be picked up for the beta, despite of the fact that I had work year after year giving propper feedback for some bugs with videos and fulfilling completely the template that year after year they gave to us. I had scrupulously complied with the rules as well, and yep, I am not in the beta and for me, that is not a problem, I thought there were people better prepared to do that job. I assumed that as an statement. 

But, when I see people like:

- JOHNNIEWALKE3** (joined on April 29) with no reputation, with null contribution of the bugs, jumping the rules... and he is not the only one:

-  jmorenogarc**, similar profile than the other one

- AdamSon**, the same...

I do not doubt at all the value of these beta testers, dont get me wrong, I doubt the apply process where we have been given a series of guidelines and where these profiles do not meet a single one.

Currently, I know that the one who isnt valuable for the forum is me. Ok.

So, at least, beta, give us players the best game ever in F1!!! 

Someone can tell me how I can erase my Codemaster forum profile? I dont know how to do it

Alot of us know how you feel. 

My advice would be to sign out of your account then once dust has settled and then sign back in .

Just remember your details and password so you can sign in again. 

Codemasters are probably better off to do a closed beta that way people don't know who's applied or who's picked. 

Plus they don't need to make this posting here. 

The people who do get picked can then simply go to the section of the bottom of the F1 posts where it says closed beta .

That way everyone is blissfully unaware 😇😇

I should not  have to come up with that idea as it should have been learned from experience. 

5 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

when there was faya at the helm it was all more beautiful, more transparency.

I agree

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

thats not right.

barry is doing a great job at all with communicating. way better then faya ever did.

Edited by KiLLu12258

faya answered immediately, and said things as they really were.
I understand the frustration of many, who have been receiving the beta for years, and this year they see it in the hands of people who arrived the day before yesterday, and who do nothing but praise the game and say it is perfect just to play it a month before the release, instead of preferring people who say things as they are, and what the real problems of the game are.

unfortunately these people, who tried to help by saying the real problems, were told that what he was saying was a crime, because it was defamation

what a nice management

12 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

4 minutes ago, Raffaello said:

faya answered immediately, and said things as they really were.
I understand the frustration of many, who have been receiving the beta for years, and this year they see it in the hands of people who arrived the day before yesterday, and who do nothing but praise the game and say it is perfect just to play it a month before the release, instead of preferring people who say things as they are, and what the real problems of the game are.

The grass is greener on the other side. There's even a dedicated post about how good Barry has been! 😛 

Both developer liaisons greatly improved the forum experience and handling of feedback. I wonder if people have forgotten the times when the only Codies person we had around was @DanHawk1ns and his job wasn't even to communicate with us!

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Raffaello said:

Not true here. Our selection process involved what I mentioned before, but we also need players with a wide range of abilities and experience with the series too.

If you have not been selected, thats unfortunate. Some will have very justified reasons, some will be just unlucky. There is a lot of users on the BETA program who have been critical of the game, but portrayed it in the correct way. I'm sure @Bicarda won't mind me using him as a perfect example. 

I think its fair to say he's critical of the game, and he lets me know that. However, after discussing and seeing the direction I wanted to take things, he took it upon himself to contribute and help. He started to post extensive, complete bug reports and still does so.. He joined the league to experience things first hand and give his experience. He still lets me know when things are wrong, but works together to try and put things right. He actively (along with others) now understand our direction and put his efforts into helping.

So come 'BETA season', he's someone I personally highlighted that I wanted on. It became a very easy decision for us to add him and there are others who are the same. When we see their username ( @ReimvomSchleim is my second example) I want them on for their body of work. If you want on the BETA, don't give us a choice. Make us see your user, know that you can help, and we'll add you on. 

Some are happy to complain but never post a complete bug report. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

18 hours ago, BarryBL said:

We are doing things in waves, and there's a lot to go through.

If you have any updates, please keep them private for now. Respect other users who may/may not be successful

As impatient as we all are just wait

Likely all codes to arrive tonight

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

The grass is greener on the other side. There's even a dedicated post about how good Barry has been! 😛 

Both developer liaisons greatly improved the forum experience and handling of feedback. I wonder if people have forgotten the times when the only Codies person we had around was @DanHawk1ns and his job wasn't even to communicate with us!

I ran with @DanHawk1ns , a nice person.

1 minute ago, SS016 said:

As impatient as we all are just wait

Likely all codes to arrive tonight

Check recommended @SS016, all codes have been granted.

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not true here. Our selection process involved what I mentioned before, but we also need players with a wide range of abilities and experience with the series too.

If you have not been selected, thats unfortunate. Some will have very justified reasons, some will be just unlucky. There is a lot of users on the BETA program who have been critical of the game, but portrayed it in the correct way. I'm sure @Bicarda won't mind me using him as a perfect example. 

I think its fair to say he's critical of the game, and he lets me know that. However, after discussing and seeing the direction I wanted to take things, he took it upon himself to contribute and help. He started to post extensive, complete bug reports and still does so.. He joined the league to experience things first hand and give his experience. He still lets me know when things are wrong, but works together to try and put things right. He actively (along with others) now understand our direction and put his efforts into helping.

So come 'BETA season', he's someone I personally highlighted that I wanted on. It became a very easy decision for us to add him and there are others who are the same. When we see their username ( @ReimvomSchleim is my second example) I want them on for their body of work. If you want on the BETA, don't give us a choice. Make us see your user, know that you can help, and we'll add you on. 

Some are happy to complain but never post a complete bug report. 

easy to talk when you run on PC, come to console and we talk about it again, we have reported hundreds of bugs, which are still there, in the code to wander, bugs that were reported in August.
the only good thing was the safety car that you managed to solve.
and I repeat, you like those who praise you, and not those who criticize you, from mistakes you learn, if instead you see only those who praise you and those who say that you do things perfectly you will not go anywhere

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1