F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

I gotta also say something here after the nice mention by @BarryBL.

I didn't write a single post on the forum (maybe 1 or 2) before November/December 2019 of last year. But then I saw Barry who gave a much better insight into how they work at Codies, I realized that we have to give them Bug reports, because they don't even know some issues, which is maybe not ideal but understandable. 

From that moment onwards, I could understand this whole process and importance of bug reporting a whole lot more and then I decided to make the job for Barry and the devs as easy as possible by just posting a bug report in its format, Barry sends it to the devs, and 2 of my reports even got fixed in 1.21 patch.

I understand the frustration from everyone on the forums when they are encountering issues, believe me or not, I also have that at times, particulary with that Weekly Event bug, but I soon realized it was probably my fault it never got fixed. I already saw it in the BETA but problem was I never posted here. So that's one of my biggest regrets till this day😆

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Raffaello said:

easy to talk when you run on PC, come to console and we talk about it again, we have reported hundreds of bugs, which are still there, in the code to wander, bugs that were reported in August.
the only good thing was the safety car that you managed to solve.
and I repeat, you like those who praise you, and not those who criticize you, from mistakes you learn, if instead you see only those who praise you and those who say that you do things perfectly you will not go anywhere

I don't want to sound harsh, but my stance remains. 

I've not seen any completed bug reports from you. I understand your frustration about not getting into BETA, but make it easy for us to add you in into future titles. There's a chance if you report stuff, and we can do it, it'll go into the game at some point as part of an update. 

And, with deeper dive patch notes continuing for 2020, you'll even get the credit for it. Can't say fairer than that.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I don't want to sound harsh, but my stance remains. 

I've not seen any completed bug reports from you. I understand your frustration about not getting into BETA, but make it easy for us to add you in into future titles. There's a chance if you report stuff, and we can do it, it'll go into the game at some point as part of an update. 

And, with deeper dive patch notes continuing for 2020, you'll even get the credit for it. Can't say fairer than that.

and instead last year I made a bug report in the beta, a bug that has never been resolved, because even in the full game it often happened, and with the reports I also mean those that come from our Italian community, or from other communities

• Agree 1

ah if you want, I'll give you the complete list of bugs that f1 2019 has, and that are there since day one practically.
I repeat, the only thing you have solved is the safety car ...

I don't really care about the beta, I only ask that it be given to competent and critical people, and not to those who say it is perfect.
because otherwise the game will always be full of bugs and errors, and will NEVER improve

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not true here. Our selection process involved what I mentioned before, but we also need players with a wide range of abilities and experience with the series too.

If you have not been selected, thats unfortunate. Some will have very justified reasons, some will be just unlucky. There is a lot of users on the BETA program who have been critical of the game, but portrayed it in the correct way. I'm sure @Bicarda won't mind me using him as a perfect example. 

I think its fair to say he's critical of the game, and he lets me know that. However, after discussing and seeing the direction I wanted to take things, he took it upon himself to contribute and help. He started to post extensive, complete bug reports and still does so.. He joined the league to experience things first hand and give his experience. He still lets me know when things are wrong, but works together to try and put things right. He actively (along with others) now understand our direction and put his efforts into helping.

So come 'BETA season', he's someone I personally highlighted that I wanted on. It became a very easy decision for us to add him and there are others who are the same. When we see their username ( @ReimvomSchleim is my second example) I want them on for their body of work.

Some are happy to complain but never post a complete bug report. 

Well if you personally talked to him then of course he was on your level of thinking..

Does this mean everyone from your pc F1 league was invited because they then agreed. 

When people say well they are moaning or complaining then everyone in that small group jumps on bandwagon. 

.I don't look at glass is half full or half empty. 

I just fill the glass up .

Democrats and democracy .

That way everyone get a fair crack. Not because you or another slot didn't like what was said. As that's a personal issue. 

And this community is not based on personal dislike of someone because you or I like there views. 

Can you imagine if the government in house of commons

Anyways even when I fall out with someone I still value there opinion regardless. 

Like I suggested.  It may be better to do  a closed post next time so so many people are not disappointed .

If you want to talk about poor direction patches went from 1.04 to around 1.19 then we can discuss it .

From patches 1 20 to last patch f12019 improved .

Am I sore about not beta absolutely not.

Am I sore about kids getting chosen with no input then yes.

I was even going to forfeit beta and ask if you guys an girl wanted any help last week 

.so my motive is purely not down to getting the code 

You say you tested wheel then it has to be a ps4 issue. I don't know this unless someone from codemasters tells me this  

• Like 1

forward army of codemaster idolators, go and try this beta, and come back saying it is perfect, so in july instead of taking a step forward we make 15 back ......

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Raffaello said:

and instead last year I made a bug report in the beta, a bug that has never been resolved, because even in the full game it often happened, and with the reports I also mean those that come from our Italian community, or from other communities

@BarryBL Just want to clarify: that it isn't F1 Italian Community! 😉 

Edited by [F1ITACOMMUNITY]-guidomix
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raffaello said:

ah if you want, I'll give you the complete list of bugs that f1 2019 has, and that are there since day one practically.
I repeat, the only thing you have solved is the safety car ...

I don't really care about the beta, I only ask that it be given to competent and critical people, and not to those who say it is perfect.
because otherwise the game will always be full of bugs and errors, and will NEVER improve

He was asking for a complete bug report as in something that follows the bug reporting guidelines properly, not complete list of bugs as that doesn't help anyone.

• Like 2

So, from reading back.

@Raffaello "didnt care" about the BETA and @senna94f1 was even going to forfeit his BETA should he have got in.

To play devil's advocate here, and I may get some hate for this, but doesn't that justify our decisions in itself as correct?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 8

dont be mad guys. it's just difficult. i personally dont experience issues in f1 2019. i know that they exist and i've read a lot here, but personally on my computer i didnt have this issues. but anyway, i understand clearly to be frustrated. but in my case i just make suggestions and try helping to improve the game. so it's tricky.... and i unterstand to choose people who have issues.... personally i think other guys just be lucky. there were definitly some spots for complete new guys and they want all kind of users.... so they have a wide range.... u cant never make everyone happy, because that is how a closed beta works... limited spots. anyway now it is how it is... look forward to the game release and hope codies and the testers make a good job. be nice and try it again next year...

• Like 1

I repeat it another time, I don't care if I have the beta or not, because I had it last year for the first time and amen, I just ask that it be given to those who use the game practically every day, who runs us, who makes us over the championships, or tournaments, to have a game as complete as possible, for the good of all

but you are interested in money, and therefore the game must be as commercial as possible, which I understand, but you must not ruin it for this

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

So, from reading back.

@Raffaello "didnt care" about the BETA and @senna94f1 was even going to forfeit his BETA should he have got in.

To play devil's advocate here, and I may get some hate for this, but doesn't that justify our decisions in itself as correct?

Barry, for the sake of you’re own time and our time, i think its pointless to keep debating with people who dont care anyway, and that you or one of the moderates should close this topic as done in the past after everyone who was/is successful isnt going to use this topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1