Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed


BarryBL

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, smalls048 said:

I just felt it was quite a long response in comparison to the original comment. Oh, and read like a rant.

No worries we quite like long comments here, especially after a lot of rather (insert word here!) short random ones! Feel free to tell us your knowledge and opinions. We are like hungry fish here, and we might fight with you for pieces of food but we won't eat you alive! 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UP100 said:

Considering that we broke the forums by adding that little checkbox if you play on Google Stadia... I don't think I'd be willing to take the risk! That "Your profile is 66% complete" is still broken, but I just advise everyone to press the 'dismiss' button.

Also about words: Here is a study released by OFCOM about things that'd be censored by the forums. WARNING: Contains loads of offensive language... as it's a study about them.
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/91624/OfcomOffensiveLanguage.pdf

That's 89% of my vocabulary gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I signed up just for fun, but i think that my honesty and straightforwardness against CM as usual is gonna make sure that I'm not invited... AGAIN! 

But i keep on building dashes for simhub, leaderboards, because it's fun. And it's for you guys as a community. 
 

But when you have a straightforward opinion and aren't afraid of telling the truth in a harsher way, don't count on handouts from CM when it comes to these things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Codemasters are definitely receptive to criticism in my experience, game developers have to be to make a better game for the next year.

i don’t think you would be disadvantaged for criticising parts of the current game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

I signed up just for fun, but i think that my honesty and straightforwardness against CM as usual is gonna make sure that I'm not invited... AGAIN! 

But i keep on building dashes for simhub, leaderboards, because it's fun. And it's for you guys as a community. 
 

But when you have a straightforward opinion and aren't afraid of telling the truth in a harsher way, don't count on handouts from CM when it comes to these things. 

I work as a product owner for a dev team and any software company worth their salt would not purposely shield a BETA from critical customers/users (usually the opposite) as all feedback is useful, good, bad, and ugly as long as it's constructive.

However the issue comes when people think that their feedback is all that matters, or they speak on behalf of everyone. Also, just because your feedback isn't directly actioned, it doesn't mean that it doesn't help form future decisions.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CarloLewis said:

I work as a product owner for a dev team and any software company worth their salt would not purposely shield a BETA from critical customers/users (usually the opposite) as all feedback is useful, good, bad, and ugly as long as it's constructive.

However the issue comes when people think that their feedback is all that matters, or they speak on behalf of everyone. Also, just because your feedback isn't directly actioned, it doesn't mean that it doesn't help form future decisions.

 

Well, i see you're registered 2018 on here, so you haven't been around here when safety car was an issue, or suzuka bump, or any other bug. 
 

safety car has been fixed somehow finally, only took a couple of years. 
 

when it's every year the same, like with every patch we hold out hearts how the FFB is going to be ruined, which gets worse with every patch. That's the standard reaction when release notes drop. "Well there goes the FFB" 

 

that's not healthy right? A patch should improve things without breaking things. 
 

i get what you mean, only over here it's a completely different ballgame sir. Most of the long community have the feeling to be ignored, and CM doesn't really care about us as a community. How many community managers have there been!? Example number 1846329

and credit where credit is due, @BarryBL is IMO the best community manager ever here. He actually wants to get stuff done, and he actually puts in an effort for it and won't let himself just put in a corner. 
so finally someone who kicks back in the hornets nest, i think that's takes a lot of balls to say the least. 
 

and thanks to him we somehow in a little way have got the idea that we're finally beeing heard in what small way that may be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes, they can't wave a magic wand.

 

Issues get dealt with eventually, but some aren't easy fixes.

 

Trouble is, some people demand changes at the click of a finger. That's never going to be the case.

 

But, in terms of the feedback (constructive) it does get listened to. And those fixes become apparent down the line.

 

F1 2019 is a good example of implementing improvements. Better than previous titles.

 

Also, Dirt rally 2 had a good level of dialogue and feedback between the community and developers.

I'd say Codemasters are one of the better studios for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup last years beta was the first one I'd been in, I was shocked at how quickly they fixed things I and others reported between beta sessions, I wasn't expecting any fixes until first couple of release patches

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Sometimes, they can't wave a magic wand.

 

Issues get dealt with eventually, but some aren't easy fixes.

 

Trouble is, some people demand changes at the click of a finger. That's never going to be the case.

 

But, in terms of the feedback (constructive) it does get listened to. And those fixes become apparent down the line.

 

F1 2019 is a good example of implementing improvements. Better than previous titles.

 

Also, Dirt rally 2 had a good level of dialogue and feedback between the community and developers.

I'd say Codemasters are one of the better studios for that.

Sorry but that is an ignorant remark. 
 

every year, with every single patch, THE FFB GETS MORE BUSTED UNTIL WE DON'T HAVE ANY LEFT! AND EVERY YEAR WE ADRESS THIS ISSUE. You see that word YEAR? So it's not like an issue thats suddenly appeared overnight. No it's present every.....?????!! 
 

so excuse me when I say that you can take that magic wand and stick it where the sun don't shine, because after YEARS THE SAME ******** EVERY YEAR, THEY STILL RELEASE PATCHES WHICH BREAK THE FFB MORE AND MORE! 
 

WHATEVER WE SAY HERE DOESN'T MATTER, Or else it would hve been TESTED before a patch releases. You know what magic wand that is? THE MIDDLE FINGER WAND. 
 

there's a big difference between a click of an finger or EVERY DAMN YEAR THE SAME OLD ISSUES, BUGS, PATCHES WHICH MAKE THINGS WORSE THAN BETTER, SUZUKA BUMP, NO RESPONSE BEFORE BARRY CAME ALONG, DID I MENTION SUZUKA BUMP? SAFETY CAR, PENALTY SYSTEM, I think I forgot SUZUKA BUMP! 
 

you sir don't know what you're saying, and I think the whole forum here supports me on the above points. THESE ISSUES ARE INGAME FOR YEARS! Not magic finger euh wand, no communication. 
 

yeah DIRT forums are a lot better i believe, but hey, you don't have that nitwit matter or whatever who only tells lies and nonsense. 
 

but over here? Bro, sorry but to put it blunt: get your head out of your ass. Since @BarryBL is here things are improving. Only took like 5 or 6 YEARS AND THE SAME AMOUNT OF COMMUNITY MANAGERS! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, AlexTT said:

Over here they are using community managers like front wings in online lobbies with idiot drivers. 

Good thing I'm running with damage off then..... 😛 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys it's no good jumping on each other. 

You will either be picked or not.  

And as far as you or I know. The beta may already be picked and they are testing it now. Who knows. 

Only people who know that are the beta testers and they can't say anything. They will have there own private beta section. 

Tbh ive never seen so many posts in all the time I've been posting. 

Personally we haven't got that long before the actual game is released. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

Come on guys it's no good jumping on each other. 

You will either be picked or not.  

And as far as you or I know. The beta may already be picked and they are testing it now. Who knows. 

Only people who know that are the beta testers and they can't say anything. They will have there own private beta section. 

Tbh ive never seen so many posts in all the time I've been posting. 

Personally we haven't got that long before the actual game is released. 

You think? Last year all those streamers also disn't even get all the stuff they have this year, and disclosing so much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

 Good thing I'm running with damage off then..... 😛 

The way you're going, with such big balls, you should run Simulation at the least. In Reverse while pulling a handbrake. Front wing on the rear and vice versa and max. Camber cheat settings. Put the ballast to the front and off you go!🤪

 

no damage is for pussies🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BarryBL changed the title to F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed
  • BarryBL locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...