Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed

BarryBL

7 minutes ago, Involved In It said:

I'm perplexed as to why the Mercedes car can't be shown...

...are they implementing something top-secret into the car? Perhaps the controversial DAS system?

...of course, probably not.

nah.. i don't think they do it

For those who haven't been in previous betas. The beta is completely different than the early version youtubers are showing. There's a high chance that in the beta the only available car will be the multiplayer car without teams liveries. Youtubers have all the tracks available, it's unlikely in the beta.

Beta testers are not allowed to show any gameplay. The function youtubers have is different. Beta testers test the game and give their feedback. Youtubers are there to give their feedback too but their main function is to promote the game. Their are part of the marketing, beta testers aren't.

That's why they are allowed to show gameplay in a certain order according to Codemasters marketing plan.

2 hours ago, sirio994 said:

For those who haven't been in previous betas. The beta is completely different than the early version youtubers are showing. There's a high chance that in the beta the only available car will be the multiplayer car without teams liveries. Youtubers have all the tracks available, it's unlikely in the beta.

Beta testers are not allowed to show any gameplay. The function youtubers have is different. Beta testers test the game and give their feedback. Youtubers are there to give their feedback too but their main function is to promote the game. Their are part of the marketing, beta testers aren't.

That's why they are allowed to show gameplay in a certain order according to Codemasters marketing plan.

Youtubers don't have all the tracks available, i believe that we would have more to explore than they have as we will have a later build of the game compared to them

9 minutes ago, Lewisfrancis200 said:

Youtubers don't have all the tracks available, i believe that we would have more to explore than they have as we will have a later build of the game compared to them

the beta will probably consist of 4-5 tracks the multiplayer car and a grand prix mode and online mode and ofc split screen or that's how its been for the last two years atleast I doubt there will be a major difference between the first week of beta and the YouTuber content that we are seeing maybe in the later stages of the beta we will start seeing new types of content that the you tubers haven't had access to.

3 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

Could just be they haven't signed the livery off yet.

could be as simple as this, but most of them seem to believe it’s gonna be related to DAS... the not sure if it even is the library as the ‘20 livery is present in the game trailer, so... yeah my guess it’s gonna be DAS

6 minutes ago, DrVader786 said:

could be as simple as this, but most of them seem to believe it’s gonna be related to DAS... the not sure if it even is the library as the ‘20 livery is present in the game trailer, so... yeah my guess it’s gonna be DAS

Could also just be that they don't want to show the full potential of the "best" car on the grid. Whatever the reason is I'm sure Codies have their reason for the secrecy.

36 minutes ago, Lewisfrancis200 said:

I don't know if they have access to early versions till release or if it is time restricted. But for sure they have more access to game modes, tracks and features.

The Beta is less glamour and more substance. It has to be that way.

Usually in the Beta there are no liveries or cinematic stuff. Which is easy to understand since youtubers play a version of the game that is meant to be shown to the public.

Obviously Codemasters could have changed its Beta policy and content. Only time will tell.

So we can't tell about updates but for sure they will always have the best looking version.

Personally I don't think DAS will be in the game. Probably it would have been in the game. But without real life races we don't know how Mercedes will use it during the race.

Currently DAS is a big mystery even in the paddock...

4 minutes ago, sirio994 said:

Personally I don't think DAS will be in the game. Probably it would have been in the game. But without real life races we don't know how Mercedes will use it during the race.

Currently DAS is a big mystery even in the paddock...

I mean, I don't know how I will be even able to engage it unless Thrustmaster do some kind of mod!

5 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I mean, I don't know how I will be even able to engage it unless Thrustmaster do some kind of mod!

What about controller users? 

"To engage the DAS, please rip off your D-pad now."

7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I suppose the only way to replicate it would be visually and coding the impact on car's performance. But there are so many implications: could the system eventually be developed in career modes with other teams? Would it break licensing rules? Plus it's already out of 2022 rules, so honestly I don't know if it worth it just for one car for a year or two...

2 minutes ago, sirio994 said:

I suppose the only way to replicate it would be visually and coding the impact on car's performance. But there are so many implications: could the system eventually be developed in career modes with other teams? Would it break licensing rules? Plus it's already out of 2022 rules, so honestly I don't know if it worth it just for one car for a year or two...

You assume the trainee dev that gets this one might not be able to code it....

13 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

You assume the trainee dev that gets this one might not be able to code it....

It doesn't sound that hard. I assume and hope that they have considered it for like 30 seconds and then abandoned the idea to focus on other things.

It's plenty of things and features better than DAS.

If we talk about Mercedes specific skills and designs I would prefer to see a well performed double stack or a "Vatteri it's James button".

1 minute ago, BlackGamer86 said:

Hello, so is it still possible to get the beta or no more people can have it in the future?

well for this year as the title for this thread is suggesting its closed but there will probably to 99% be a beta next year as well so there will be a new chance next year !

1 minute ago, AxelArvidzon39 said:

well for this year as the title for this thread is suggesting its closed but there will probably to 99% be a beta next year as well so there will be a new chance next year !

What a shame... Well... Will see if i can participate on 2021... Thanks Axel

2 minutes ago, AxelArvidzon39 said:

yep I suggest keeping an extra eye on Codemasters Social channels around this time next year!

Or even becoming an active member here on the forums so you don't miss it!

I only found out about this place because of the beta and everyone has been great (except for repetitive questions about the beta), so even if I'm not selected, I'll definitely be hanging around here a lot more and hopefully getting into some good discussions once 2020 comes out.

• BarryBL changed the title to F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed
  • BarryBL locked this topic

Archived