Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed


BarryBL

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FireBird20 said:

Why are the same people getting betas while people like myself for last 3 games haven’t been given one , sort out your system . Absolutely disgusted 

Your account was made in april?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
1 minute ago, FireBird20 said:

Why are the same people getting betas while people like myself for last 3 games haven’t been given one , sort out your system . Absolutely disgusted 

In all honesty, what have you contributed over the years? This is your first post and already it’s offensive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Mails have been sent and access granted. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for applying. We've had record applicants this year, and it's not a easy decision for users. 

What I can give away is a little information for consideration next year. A great way to ensure you are considered well for the BETA, in my opinion (which matters all of a sudden) is:

  • Posting complete bug reports in the game cycle. This is the decider for me. If you post reports and test correctly while a game is live, we'll want you 😛 
  • Correct forum behaviour and etiquette. Be active and contribute to a forum that is a great place to be. Be constructive, critical and respectful to others.
  • If you have a problem or an issue, think about how the information we need to fix it. Just because it's not BETA season, it doesn't mean we are not looking to improve the game.

Note choosen😭

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, FireBird20 said:

Why are the same people getting betas while people like myself for last 3 games haven’t been given one , sort out your system . Absolutely disgusted 

I've gave some pretty relevant information on how to get onto next years @FireBird20.

Reason those 'same people' get on is because they contribute. I think that's pretty fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Mails have been sent and access granted. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for applying. We've had record applicants this year, and it's not a easy decision for users. 

What I can give away is a little information for consideration next year. A great way to ensure you are considered well for the BETA, in my opinion (which matters all of a sudden) is:

  • Posting complete bug reports in the game cycle. This is the decider for me. If you post reports and test correctly while a game is live, we'll want you 😛 
  • Correct forum behaviour and etiquette. Be active and contribute to a forum that is a great place to be. Be constructive, critical and respectful to others.
  • If you have a problem or an issue, think about how the information we need to fix it. Just because it's not BETA season, it doesn't mean we are not looking to improve the game.

Hello ! Any emails sent to testers or other people in the next few hours or tomorrow?

 

Sorry for double post

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Mails have been sent and access granted. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for applying. We've had record applicants this year, and it's not a easy decision for users. 

What I can give away is a little information for consideration next year. A great way to ensure you are considered well for the BETA, in my opinion (which matters all of a sudden) is:

  • Posting complete bug reports in the game cycle. This is the decider for me. If you post reports and test correctly while a game is live, we'll want you 😛 
  • Correct forum behaviour and etiquette. Be active and contribute to a forum that is a great place to be. Be constructive, critical and respectful to others.
  • If you have a problem or an issue, think about how the information we need to fix it. Just because it's not BETA season, it doesn't mean we are not looking to improve the game.

tbh the only thing i don’t understand is why only one guy in my esports team got beta access but the others didn’t? this would just cause bad blood within teams if only one guy gets it, cos logic is if one from a team is suitable then surely the rest are too😂 but i’m sure you guys had your reasons or it really was just a matter of chance. but no matter. hope everyone enjoys it and gives very valuable feedback 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

In all honesty, what have you contributed over the years? This is your first post and already it’s offensive. 

Yes then you don't publish beta testing everywhere since you already know who to choose, one can only have beta if he has been here for years, then what reasoning is it? You complicate your life by getting new people into the beta subcription if you already know you won't choose them

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Mails have been sent and access granted. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for applying. We've had record applicants this year, and it's not a easy decision for users. 

What I can give away is a little information for consideration next year. A great way to ensure you are considered well for the BETA, in my opinion (which matters all of a sudden) is:

  • Posting complete bug reports in the game cycle. This is the decider for me. If you post reports and test correctly while a game is live, we'll want you 😛 
  • Correct forum behaviour and etiquette. Be active and contribute to a forum that is a great place to be. Be constructive, critical and respectful to others.
  • If you have a problem or an issue, think about how the information we need to fix it. Just because it's not BETA season, it doesn't mean we are not looking to improve the game.

its the hope that gets you 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, micheledamiano said:

Yes then you don't publish beta testing everywhere since you already know who to choose, one can only have beta if he has been here for years, then what reasoning is it? You complicate your life by getting new people into the beta subcription if you already know you won't choose them

Lots of new players got in, but more by chance than merit. They have the opportunity to take that chance through the 2020 game cycle.

Want to put yourself in the best position you can, then I've outlined what you would need to do. My side of the matter is: don't leave it to chance. Make us make sure you are selected by contributing and helping us throughout the game cycle, when we need it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have been joking with the Wild Animal Racing party, but I guess it's time to actually play it 😄 Good luck to all the beta testers, and I hope you choose by experience and not by high end pc-s and all that jazz on the form! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, micheledamiano said:

Yes then you don't publish beta testing everywhere since you already know who to choose, one can only have beta if he has been here for years, then what reasoning is it? You complicate your life by getting new people into the beta subcription if you already know you won't choose them

2020 is the first beta I'm going to be involved in. It's not the same people every year, but as others have said, if you're productive and provide good feedback, you're likely to be chosen again in subsequent years.

Just getting a copy of the beta and playing it whilst giving no feedback isn't helpful and isn't what a beta's for which is why some people may not have been chosen this year I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow can't believe such a small amount of people where aloud to have the beta. Its very unfortunate since there is alot of people here that would love to be apart of the development of this game. Any way hope everyone who has access enjoys it and gives some good feedback to improve this years game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I was not chosen, but I wish congratulations to the chosen beta-testers, good luck and good work. We must remember that this is a job. It requires energy, time and dedication from beta-testers to develop good feedback to developers.

I will continue to contribute to the Forum in any way I can, with suggestions for F1 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CarBoyCam said:

2020 is the first beta I'm going to be involved in. It's not the same people every year, but as others have said, if you're productive and provide good feedback, you're likely to be chosen again in subsequent years.

Just getting a copy of the beta and playing it whilst giving no feedback isn't helpful and isn't what a beta's for which is why some people may not have been chosen this year I suppose.

trust me I didn't want to have the beta to play, also because I already pre-ordered the game, but if I just created the account how can I have given feedback previously

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BarryBL changed the title to F1 2020 BETA - Process Closed
  • BarryBL locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...