Sign in to follow this  

2020 Track Scenery Downgrade ?

One of the big youtubers has suggested the track scenery graphics have been downgraded at parts.

Hopefully the youtuber (VVV) got it wrong and it is just work in progress but the track looked unchanged at other parts.

1vboauhkvcx21.jpg

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hopefully that's just present in the early build and they will fix it. I could understand downgrading the scenery a bit when playing split screen but otherwise it should be looking as it is supposed to, at least looking like in F1 2019.

• Agree 1

Just now, ritti1987 said:

Work in Progress??? 

Hope so, just seems weird considering the track looks unchanged at a number of other points

I was a little bit sceptical as well when I first saw the footage on YouTube, despite looking practically the same as F1 2019 some aspects looked like a little bit of a downgrade.

That said I was trying to say to myself that it was down to the YouTube compression and when we actually play the game for ourselves it will probably look a lot better and more comparable to last years game.

Not too sure what it is but some of the lighting looks a little bit off in the footage on YouTube, making the cars look a little out of place compared to the track.  Although it is still “work in progress” so I guess a lot of the finer touches can be added when they update the cars to the final models.  

That patch of missing trees is a bit of a strange one though, maybe there is something going on there like you say to compensate for the games performance and requiring more power for features like split screen and the rear mirror.

Maybe Codemasters can confirm and clarify if it’s intended to be like that or if it was something that was missed unintentionally and could be corrected closer to the games release.  

Edited by stephensmattlee
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

I was a little bit sceptical as well when I first saw the footage on YouTube, despite looking practically the same as F1 2019 some aspects looked like a little bit of a downgrade.

That said I was trying to say to myself that it was down to the YouTube compression and when we actually play the game for ourselves it will probably look a lot better and more comparable to last years game.

Not too sure what it is but some of the lighting looks a little bit off in the footage on YouTube, making the cars look a little out of place compared to the track.  Although it is still “work in progress” so I guess a lot of the finer touches can be added when they update the cars to the final models.  

That patch of missing trees is a bit of a strange one though, maybe there is something going on there like you say to compensate for the games performance and requiring more power for features like split screen and the rear mirror.

Maybe Codemasters can confirm and clarify if it’s intended to be like that or if it was something that was missed unintentionally and could be corrected closer to the games release.  

yeah i hope so, nowadays gamers really pay attention to details, and i believe that Codemasters gonna fix all that stuffs before the final release 😄

I heard that they were using 'laser scanning' to scan all the tracks, is it true?

4 minutes ago, MasterLooke said:

yeah i hope so, nowadays gamers really pay attention to details, and i believe that Codemasters gonna fix all that stuffs before the final release 😄

I heard that they were using 'laser scanning' to scan all the tracks, is it true?

Think they’re using Lidar to scan the newest tracks plus they get data from Formula 1 as well to help them build them as accurately as they can. Pretty sure just the older tracks have had modifications and tweaks to make them closer to being more realistic as re-modelling them all again would be very time consuming and costly.  Yeah I do think it’s unfair to criticise Codemasters whilst the games still being tweaked and worked on, things can most definitely change in the coming weeks.  Guess we’ll see. 

• Agree 1

I doubt they're ever going to confirm a graphical downgrade if that's what it is. Perhaps it's just something they did to get the preview version ready while they spend the last weeks optimising the game. A downgrade should never happen for PC players though, there's surely just no need.

• Agree 1