Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2019- PC Bluetooth Xbox Gamepad Rumble

chaze5634

Hello, around half the time I boot the game up on my pc, the rumble does not work on my Bluetooth Xbox one gamepad.  Restarting the game sometimes solves the issue but it’s just a frustrating issue.  It makes racing difficult with no assists.  Thank you.

DxDiag.txt

1 hour ago, chaze5634 said:

Hello, around half the time I boot the game up on my pc, the rumble does not work on my Bluetooth Xbox one gamepad.  Restarting the game sometimes solves the issue but it’s just a frustrating issue.  It makes racing difficult with no assists.  Thank you.

Do you have the Xbox pad up and running before starting the game in the first instance? (i.e. connected to the PC) 

The game can detect a change in hardware each time it starts.

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Do you have the Xbox pad up and running before starting the game in the first instance? (i.e. connected to the PC) 

Yes I do, which is why I am confused. I learned this when connecting my Bluetooth headphones with using the talking with my pit crew.  Should I have it connected a certain amount of time before I launch the game?

7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I forgot to mention, sometimes the vibration of the controller works but when I hit the brakes or throttle there’s no trigger rumble in my Xbox one pad

6 hours ago, chaze5634 said:

I forgot to mention, sometimes the vibration of the controller works but when I hit the brakes or throttle there’s no trigger rumble in my Xbox one pad

OK. If you look to the top of this thread there is a bug report form, please fill it out and post a dxdiag. (You can edit the first post).

11 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

OK. If you look to the top of this thread there is a bug report form, please fill it out and post a dxdiag. (You can edit the first post).

Thank you, I edited my post and added a DxDiag text file.  Thank you for your help.

4 minutes ago, chaze5634 said:

Thank you, I edited my post and added a DxDiag text file.  Thank you for your help.

445.87 is known not to work well with this game. Try updating your driver to 445.98 hotfix.

There is a UEFI update to 31B.

There is an Intel ME Firmware update that you should do after updating the UEFI.

There is an Embedded Controller update as well.

Often these kind of fixes can make other things perform better. The IDSA will check and update your Bluetooth driver as it's clear MSI have abandoned the laptop already.

Other areas to troubleshoot are Dragon Center and Steel Series Engine (often these programs interfere with games working properly, RGB functions etc.) try removing them.

Download the BOSE app and update your headphones' firmware if necessary. For troubleshooting, if you can eliminate the headphones that might be useful.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

445.87 is known not to work well with this game. Try updating your driver to 445.98 hotfix.

There is a UEFI update to 31B.

There is an Intel ME Firmware update that you should do after updating the UEFI.

There is an Embedded Controller update as well.

Often these kind of fixes can make other things perform better. The IDSA will check and update your Bluetooth driver as it's clear MSI have abandoned the laptop already.

Other areas to troubleshoot are Dragon Center and Steel Series Engine (often these programs interfere with games working properly, RGB functions etc.) try removing them.

Download the BOSE app and update your headphones' firmware if necessary. For troubleshooting, if you can eliminate the headphones that might be useful.

Thank you for your help, I was able to do everything except for the UEFI and Intel ME Firmware Update because I was not sure where to extract the UEFI files to, I will see later tonight if I still have issues with this.  Thank you for all the help!

7 hours ago, chaze5634 said:

Thank you for your help, I was able to do everything except for the UEFI and Intel ME Firmware Update because I was not sure where to extract the UEFI files to, I will see later tonight if I still have issues with this.  Thank you for all the help!

Extract the UEFI file (E16K2IMS.31B) to the root of a FAT32 USB drive. For the ME update, extract the zip and run the ME118H.bat as Administrator. Be on mains power and remove any other devices except the USB drive for the UEFI update. The ME update can be run from the HDD. 

Attached file covers UEFI update process.

[General Version] BIOS Update Instruction (BSU) v2.6_All.pdf

Archived