Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2018 glitching problem

Molla4646

Hi guys,

i'm playing with some friends in some closed lobby and a lot of them says that they see me lagging all over the track and thus creating problem in the race. I don't understand why, my ping is at 40-50, max 100, so I should not have any kind of internet problems. My NAT is on moderate and i can't change it on open. Could the NAT be the problem ? 

When playing multiplayer, Open NAT is always the best option because when playing online you should have no issue connecting to other players, as well as being able to chat and party up with players with no problem. I was having all kinds of connectivity issues and lag before setting up the NAT to Open, but after changing it the problems have gone away. So I would definitely recommend changing it once you will be able to do it.

2 hours ago, Molla4646 said:

Hi guys,

i'm playing with some friends in some closed lobby and a lot of them says that they see me lagging all over the track and thus creating problem in the race. I don't understand why, my ping is at 40-50, max 100, so I should not have any kind of internet problems. My NAT is on moderate and i can't change it on open. Could the NAT be the problem ? 

Playing on WiFi can cause lag more than your internet.

Ping depends on distance to players. You can speedtest your internet locally as much as you like, that ping figure is irrelevant unless you ping to a server near your host.

You can see the visual indicators in the lobby screen. If you are green and others including the host are red, you're too far away.

If you are red to the lobby, that is not great. Connection bars over the cars indicate ping over 100ms, x indicates almost 500ms (half a second).

Number of bars means bandwidth is limited. If you get any kind of connection warning when playing a MP session, you'd be advised to do all you can to remedy it (including NAT, wired, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to say that now my NAT is open everytime! I made some quick changes in the router. I put a static ip on the xbox and made a DMZ zone with that ip, now i don't have any problems with NAT. Ty guys 

3 hours ago, Molla4646 said:

I forgot to say that now my NAT is open everytime! I made some quick changes in the router. I put a static ip on the xbox and made a DMZ zone with that ip, now i don't have any problems with NAT. Ty guys 

DMZ is a bit like "you look a bit pasty, get some sunshine" "Look Ma, I visited the Sun! No sunscreen!"

Port forwarding is preferable 🙂

Archived