Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

F1 2020 UDP Specification

4 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

We’ve made some changes to the UDP data based on your feedback. This has resulted in multiple changes to the packet structure, so please check against the latest spec on the first page of this thread to see what has changed. The intention is for this to be the final 2020 specification now – we don’t plan on making any structural changes unless a serious issue is found. We can obviously still fix bugs if the data isn’t working correctly, so please let us know if you spot anything wrong.

Thanks for the update and the Bugfixes!

@Hoo A rather minor request which is about the Appendices, I'm missing a few driver Id's from the F2 2020 Season:

• Ticktum
  • Armstrong
  • Lundgaard
  • Tsunoda
  • Daruvala
  • Samaia
  • Piquet
  • Drugovich
  • Shwartzman
  • Sato
  • Nissany

If they are already defined I'd appreciate if you can add them once there is some spare time.

7 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

We’ve made some changes to the UDP data based on your feedback. This has resulted in multiple changes to the packet structure, so please check against the latest spec on the first page of this thread to see what has changed. The intention is for this to be the final 2020 specification now – we don’t plan on making any structural changes unless a serious issue is found. We can obviously still fix bugs if the data isn’t working correctly, so please let us know if you spot anything wrong.

The changes that have been made are:

• Beta 2: Added m_secondaryPlayerCarIndex into the PacketHeader to identify the second player in splitscreen mode
  • Beta 2: Updated the comments in the ersDeployMode of the CarStatusData packet to show the correct ERS values
  • Beta 3: Added the MFD panel index to the PacketCarTelemetryData to identify what HUD screen the player is currently viewing
  • Beta 3: Added best sector times and lap numbers to the LapData packet to allow tracking of the best sector times in the session. Note: all sector times have been changed to milliseconds (uint16 instead of float) to reduce the packet size to make room for the extra data
  • Beta 3: Added m_drsFault to the CarStatusData packet to show when DRS has been disabled due to a technical fault
  • Beta 3: Added a Speed trap triggered event (“SPTP”). This provides the vehicleID and speed of the fastest car to pass through the speed trap. Note: the intention is to change this so that it triggers whenever a car beats its own speed trap record, rather than just showing the fastest car.
  • Beta 3: Bug fix to correctly show front wing damage as 100% in the UDP data when wing is removed
  • Beta 3: Bug fix to only show data for active cars
  • Beta 3: Updated driver ID table in the appendices as some drivers were missing or using incorrect IDs
  • Beta 3.1: Added m_drsActivationDistance to CarStatusData to indicate whether the car has passed detection and when it will be available in the subsequent activation zone (next patch)
  • Beta 3.1: Suggested gear added to the car telemetry packet (next patch)

The final two points may result in a data mismatch until the updated beta patch comes out with these new fields added. I decided to post the intended final spec rather than changing this multiple times in the same week.

Thanks,
Hoo.

Thanks for the update.
Espacially like "Added the MFD panel index to the PacketCarTelemetryData to identify what HUD screen the player is currently viewing" 😉

May I remind you to a post from week one I currently not able to find.
I asked for the values when the RPM Leds light up.
Well, we developers can read them out, but this is inveting the wheel for the 42nd time.
Other game (sim) developers give me the numbers, some when a new car is added and I don't have to ask, some I have to ask.
I am currently a bit short of time (new job incoming and wont leave my old job in a mess and chaos) and therefore I have to put priorities .... 

11 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

We’ve made some changes to the UDP data based on your feedback. This has resulted in multiple changes to the packet structure, so please check against the latest spec on the first page of this thread to see what has changed. ...
Hoo.

Great additions. Thanks.

One note: I just drove in Sochi and from my tool's log I noticed, there was road surface with id 12. Could you check, if that was a correct detection and if there are other road surfaces added to the data.

Cheers

On 6/4/2020 at 5:55 PM, Hoo said:

Hi @LonelyRacer ,

It looks like there was a bug introduced elsewhere that broke the LobbyInfo packet. This will be fixed for the next beta.

Thanks.

Hi,

I managed to get into some nice 10+ player lobbies.

Here are my findings on the Lobby Packet

1. With the lobby packet the "m_frameId" in the PacketHeader doesn't increase, as I was expecting to happen. My tool uses the frame change as trigger to update screen, so I had to make a workaround, i.e. lobby packet also trigger a "frame change" regardless of the header. FIX NEEDED: Would be great, if the frameId would increase with the lobby packet.
  2. The lobby packet data order is just "random". The packetHeader in other packets has different playerindex, than with the lobby packet. Still the playerIndex in the LobbyPacket's header isn't correct. So the lobby data is totally useless for anything than showing who are ready or not, but you will see that anyway when you are in the lobby. E.g. FinalClassification comes in the right order, so I am still assuming this is a bug in the lobby packet, i.e. the data order is faulty. Or if in the LobbyInfoData there were driverId, then one could use that to assign the data to the right driver. FIX NEEDED: The order of data in lobbyPacket should be the same as in other packets. Or add DriverId to the LobbyInfoData,

Cheers.

Posted (edited)

According to the documentation there is no update on the real driver names privacy issue yet, right?

So the Lobby Info Packet does not show the real names of the Players, but instead the Driver Names like Hamilton (at least on consoles)?
I guess the Driver Ids are not assigned by the game to the individual drivers at that state, because drivers change when they join/leave?

But without the Driver Ids and without the real player names I'm not sure how useful this packet is at all.

Edited by StryderIT

@Hoo - do you have a rough idea when the next beta (which has telemetry output that matches the current published final protocol structure) will be available? Just want to try and plan ahead to ensure there is enough time for us to do final testing on our apps and then get them approved for publishing by the app stores so they can be available to our users at the same time the game is.

Cheers

@Hoo - fyi the Event Packet info on the first page has the full packet structure and unioned sub structs posted twice.

8 minutes ago, cjorgens79 said:

@Hoo - fyi the Event Packet info on the first page has the full packet structure and unioned sub structs posted twice.

Thanks - I've updated that now.

1 hour ago, cjorgens79 said:

@Hoo - do you have a rough idea when the next beta (which has telemetry output that matches the current published final protocol structure) will be available? Just want to try and plan ahead to ensure there is enough time for us to do final testing on our apps and then get them approved for publishing by the app stores so they can be available to our users at the same time the game is.

Cheers

Sorry - there's been a delay with the update. It is now expected next week.

4 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Sorry - there's been a delay with the update. It is now expected next week.

Ok, thanks for the update.

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2020 at 12:36 AM, LonelyRacer said:

Great additions. Thanks.

One note: I just drove in Sochi and from my tool's log I noticed, there was road surface with id 12. Could you check, if that was a correct detection and if there are other road surfaces added to the data.

Cheers

Hi @LonelyRacer - surface id#12 is our default material which shouldn't be used for the road surface. Can you confirm where on the track you were seeing this? Was it the whole circuit or just a specific section of it? Thanks.

Edited by Hoo
Oops - pressed go too early!

11 hours ago, StryderIT said:

According to the documentation there is no update on the real driver names privacy issue yet, right?

So the Lobby Info Packet does not show the real names of the Players, but instead the Driver Names like Hamilton (at least on consoles)?
I guess the Driver Ids are not assigned by the game to the individual drivers at that state, because drivers change when they join/leave?

But without the Driver Ids and without the real player names I'm not sure how useful this packet is at all.

It seems to show real driver names, but based on the lobby packet, you cannot tell who is who.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi @LonelyRacer - surface id#12 is our default material which shouldn't be used for the road surface. Can you confirm where on the track you were seeing this? Was it the whole circuit or just a specific section of it? Thanks.

It was on certain section. I can run the data recording to try see, where it was/is.

Cheers.

8 hours ago, Hoo said:

Did a rerun and actually found out, it was in Sochi on T6, where I had a super crash, i.e. went straight into the wall (was changing the telemetry pages, pressing overtake and changing fuel mix all at the same time ;-)). I guess the RoadSurface id 12 is under the barriers. See the image for the spot. So nothing critical.

V10_F12020_w3_roadsurface12_spot.thumb.png.c312b8b0ad1256843e48d783b9c05e0f.png

Cheers.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:34 PM, LonelyRacer said:

Did a rerun and actually found out, it was in Sochi on T6, where I had a super crash, i.e. went straight into the wall (was changing the telemetry pages, pressing overtake and changing fuel mix all at the same time ;-)). I guess the RoadSurface id 12 is under the barriers. See the image for the spot. So nothing critical.

Cheers.

Thanks for confirming. I've asked the team to double-check in case there is anything incorrectly marked up. 

HI

It's only my problem surely...but my CarStatus packet is 1300 bytes, and not 1344.

remove the DRSActivationDistance that is not added in beta 3 atm, seems missing something yet, but i've searched for very very lot of times my definitions and seems it's all ok.

too many bytes for only 1 field missed.

where is the problems?

1 hour ago, Oasis81 said:

HI

It's only my problem surely...but my CarStatus packet is 1300 bytes, and not 1344.

remove the DRSActivationDistance that is not added in beta 3 atm, seems missing something yet, but i've searched for very very lot of times my definitions and seems it's all ok.

too many bytes for only 1 field missed.

where is the problems?

drsActivationDistance is 16 bit though = 2 bytes x 22 cars...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

ah ok, i didn't know., thanks

so, i can't test it atm until the beta 3.1?

Edited by Oasis81

17 minutes ago, Oasis81 said:

ah ok, i didn't know., thanks

so, i can't test it atm until the beta 3.1?

Yeah that’s correct. There’s another field in a different packet coming in 3.1 too.

• Thanks 1

HI @Hoo

another request

is it possible, for you, add the lapdistance for the 2 sectors for every tracks?

I mean, in France the S1 is at about 1414 of lapdistance...

I ask if it's possible have this values this for the s1 and s2 for every tracks

Maybe is too long work now, near the release.

thanks

@Hoo

I notice that the latest update includes the new packet sizes but for me:

- suggested gear is always 0 

- DRS Distance is far too large e.g. 25660m but does count down to 0 before the activation line, but does not match the value e.g. 90m that is shown in game

- However DRS fault works perfectly

Can you confirm that whether they should or should not be working?

Thanks

17 hours ago, F1Setups said:

@Hoo

I notice that the latest update includes the new packet sizes but for me:

- suggested gear is always 0 

- DRS Distance is far too large e.g. 25660m but does count down to 0 before the activation line, but does not match the value e.g. 90m that is shown in game

- However DRS fault works perfectly

Can you confirm that whether they should or should not be working?

Thanks

The suggested gear is always 0 here as well, seems not to be functional in the latest patch.

DRS Distance is working for me.

@F1Setups & @StryderIT,

Thanks for reporting this issue. The gears should be working in the new beta version, so looks like something has gone wrong here. I'll ask the team to take a look.

• Agree 1

@Hoo

Is there going to be another beta before release that contains the other tracks? In particular I am interested in the two new tracks as I need to build track maps for the app from the data.

Also, is the protocol set in stone now?

Cheers