Jump to content
Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

F1 2020 UDP Specification

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, cjorgens79 said:

@Hoo

Is there going to be another beta before release that contains the other tracks? In particular I am interested in the two new tracks as I need to build track maps for the app from the data.

Also, is the protocol set in stone now?

Cheers

That was the last beta update I'm afraid. 

We aren't planning any further changes to the protocol now. There might be a couple of bugs fixes or perhaps non-breaking changes made to the structs, but any apps built using the current spec should continue to work after launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoo said:

That was the last beta update I'm afraid. 

We aren't planning any further changes to the protocol now. There might be a couple of bugs fixes or perhaps non-breaking changes made to the structs, but any apps built using the current spec should continue to work after launch.

Ok thanks for the clarification, I'll just add them post release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Hoo

 

The fuel mix description is wrong -- it states: 

0 = lean, 1 = standard, 2 = rich, 3 = max

but it's actually coming across as:

1 = lean, 2 = standard, 3 = rich, 4 = max

It's the same for the ERS Mix as well -- all +1

is this by design or a bug in the game?

Edited by F1Setups
Added more information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, F1Setups said:

@Hoo

 

The fuel mix description is wrong -- it states: 


0 = lean, 1 = standard, 2 = rich, 3 = max

but it's actually coming across as:

1 = lean, 2 = standard, 3 = rich, 4 = max

It's the same for the ERS Mix as well -- all +1

is this by design or a bug in the game?

I think its just a doco error that is in the previous game version protocols doco (that this was based off) as well. I'm seeing the same data range 1-4 for F1 2019 as well for example, yet the doco for that also says 0-3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, F1Setups said:

@Hoo

 

The fuel mix description is wrong -- it states: 


0 = lean, 1 = standard, 2 = rich, 3 = max

but it's actually coming across as:

1 = lean, 2 = standard, 3 = rich, 4 = max

It's the same for the ERS Mix as well -- all +1

is this by design or a bug in the game?

 

6 hours ago, cjorgens79 said:

I think its just a doco error that is in the previous game version protocols doco (that this was based off) as well. I'm seeing the same data range 1-4 for F1 2019 as well for example, yet the doco for that also says 0-3. 

 

Well I'm confused now... I see:

0-3 for ERS

0-2 for fuel mix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveyGravy said:

 

 

Well I'm confused now... I see:

0-3 for ERS

0-2 for fuel mix

Just tested this as I had not noticed anything odd. This is the data I am also getting, the ERS was fixed as per earlier comments.

And the DRS distance too is working for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, F1Setups said:

@Hoo

 

The fuel mix description is wrong -- it states: 


0 = lean, 1 = standard, 2 = rich, 3 = max

but it's actually coming across as:

1 = lean, 2 = standard, 3 = rich, 4 = max

It's the same for the ERS Mix as well -- all +1

is this by design or a bug in the game?

We've checked this internally and believe the doc to be correct, using 0-3 for the settings. Our test app shows this to be outputting as expected using these values. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies, I had forgotten that I had been applying a +1 offset to the value that I store internally in the online portal so that 0 is "not available" by default (for other games that dont implement it). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2020 at 11:13 AM, Hoo said:

Good spot! I've updated the comments on the first post to show this.

@Hoo

In Doc, comment for ERS Mode is still wrong, Hotlap and Overtak are still reverse.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Drospy said:

@Hoo

In Doc, comment for ERS Mode is still wrong, Hotlap and Overtak are still reverse.

Thank you

I am receiving wrong data for ERS Mode:

in game Overtake is 3, in UDP Data is 2

in game Hotlap is 2, in UDP Data is 3

Thank you.

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Hoo,

I've finally had a chance to put the Final Classification packet to use (I should have done it sooner but just haven't had the time). In general it works pretty well, just a couple of points to note

1. I am seeing an m_resultStatus value of 7 for the player, the description for that field says it should only go up to 6. So what does 7 represent?

2. The packet really needs to have the sector times and lap number that relate to the best lap time. I know its too late now to change it, but just letting you know so it can be added for next years game if no more changes are being made to this one. There is plenty of room in the packet to fit that information.

Edit: FYI I just checked and the result status value in the LapData packet also reports 7 for the player.

Cheers

Edited by cjorgens79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello @BarryBL, Hello @Hoo

on packet 2, i receive a 7 for m_resultStatus but in your details, the value max is 6. I receive a 7 for a car who is broken or is disqualied. cc @cjorgens79

on unranked lobby, the car number who is send in packet 4 are not good. You send the official's car number. But it was the racer number you were send in 2019. Also the nationality is not send too.

Can we get the racer number and not the official number ? I really need (and i am pretty not the only one) you put the pilot number who is set up and not the official one.

Thx by advance

 

 

Edited by ThibaudPHP
nationality
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ThibaudPHP said:

Hello @BarryBL, Hello @Hoo

on packet 2, i receive a 7 for m_resultStatus but in your details, the value max is 6. I receive a 7 for a car who is broken or is disqualied. cc @cjorgens79

on unranked lobby, the car number who is send in packet 4 are not good. You send the official's car number. But it was the racer number you were send in 2019.

Can we get the racer number and not the official number ? I really need (and i am pretty not the only one) you put the pilot number who is set up and not the official one.

Thx by advance

 

 

If you are looking for the current Position of the car in the Race: This info is in the LapData Packet (m_carPosition).

The m_raceNumber of the Car in the Participants packet seems totally fine to me, because the Participants packet contains "static" data that is send every 5 seconds.
The current position in the race is dynamic and can change in shorter intervals, so its in the "dynamic" data packet (LapData)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I spoke about ResultStatut, you spoke about currentPosition... @cjorgens79 and me have found a bug. The resultStatus return a 7 when a car is broken on disqualified while the race.

 

For the car number : in packet 4, in 2019, in unranked lobby, the number who was send was the number set with your pilot. Now it's the number of the official car. If my number is 15 and i drive lewis car -> the packet don't send 15 but 44. For me it's a mistake. They have any reason to change that.

Before answer to me, please read me correctly (and read the other posts).  But thanks 😉

To avoid to not be read by the guys spoke with the dev team :
 

on packet 2, i receive a 7 for m_resultStatus but in your details, the value max is 6. I receive a 7 for a car who is broken or is disqualied. cc @cjorgens79

on unranked lobby, the car number who is send in packet 4 are not good. You send the official's car number. But it was the racer number you were send in 2019.

Can we get the racer number and not the official number ? I really need (and i am pretty not the only one) you put the pilot number who is set up and not the official one.

Thx by advance

Edited by ThibaudPHP
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThibaudPHP said:

on unranked lobby, the car number who is send in packet 4 are not good. You send the official's car number. But it was the racer number you were send in 2019.

Can we get the racer number and not the official number ? I really need (and i am pretty not the only one) you put the pilot number who is set up and not the official one.

That quote above is the thing I was replying to.

7 minutes ago, StryderIT said:

If you are looking for the current Position of the car in the Race: This info is in the LapData Packet (m_carPosition).

The m_raceNumber of the Car in the Participants packet seems totally fine to me, because the Participants packet contains "static" data that is send every 5 seconds.
The current position in the race is dynamic and can change in shorter intervals, so its in the "dynamic" data packet (LapData) 



Nevertheless, another issue is that there is a value "7" for the m_resultStatus, which is your main point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Update: seems to be all fixed with Simhub 7.07 and new available (custom) dashes. Did not manage to find a good setting for wheels lock effect in shakeit bass shakers profile though.

 

Just got the game unlocked yesterday after pre-ordering, was exciting to set up like I'm used to with F1 2019, using 4 bass shakers and a dash, using Simhub. Unfortunately it seems the changes made to the Telemetry are not working well with Simhub as of yet:

1. Using in game F1 2020 telemetry setting:

- Shakeit bass shakers act completely ' wrong' . Everything just starts ' shaking' and the effects keep on going even when entering menu's or quiting the game. Completely unusable this way.

- Dash Studio dash I used with F1 2019 gives weird and wrong data

2. So after finding out Telemetry has changed in F1 2020, I tried the in game F1 2019 setting, hoping everything worked as it used to with F1 2019. However:

- Shakeit bass shakers kind of act as they did with F1 2019, but there are effects missing suddenly, like I'm suddenly missing the feedback/effect when driving over kerbs. I did not manage to find a good setting and decided it is not usable for me in the current state. So for now, to bad, but no more bass shakers (which is a big loss if you are used to them).

- Dash Studio dash works, kind of,  but I'm pretty sure it needs some adjustments. However it is usable showing basic information needed, without making any adjustments for me.

I really hoped Codemasters and Simhub worked together during beta testing to sort out the changes made in Telemetry in F1 2020, but it seems they did not, or they did not manage to get everything working at the point of releasing the game.

I guess I will just need to wait for a new version of Simhub or a F1 2020 update, unless someone has a suggestion on how to fix the problems within the current releases changing certain settings?

Edited by Ralph14
fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

is there a issue on Car Status packet ? 

In beta it worked fine.

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Drospy said:

Hi All,

is there a issue on Car Status packet ? 

In beta it worked fine.

Thanks

 

Haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but it looks like it's version 1.3 rather than the 1.4 beta we were playing. No day one patch yet...

 

@Hoo can you confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Drospy said:

Hi All,

is there a issue on Car Status packet ? 

In beta it worked fine.

Thanks

 

The 1.03 main game should contain the full UDP implementation used in the final beta version. What specific issues are you seeing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Hoo said:

The 1.03 main game should contain the full UDP implementation used in the final beta version. What specific issues are you seeing? 

Hi @Hoo

All data in Car Status packet are wrong, in final beta version all data worked correctly

Are m_drsActivationDistance and m_drsFault included in main game ?

Xbox 

F12020 v1.01

 

Thank you

 

 

Edited by Drospy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I make a test to verify what you said. For me there are any problem. i have the good data. My reference are maxrpm and drsactivationdistance.

 

Joueur 13 | AssistTraction : 0 | AssistAbs : 0 | Essence : 0 | FrontBrakeBias : 0 | PitLimiterStatus : 0 | FuelInTank : 0 | FuelCapacity : 0 | EssenceRestante : 0 | MaxRPM : 13000 | IdleRPM : 4300 | MaxGears : 9 | DrsAutoriser : 0 | DrsActivationDistance : 111 | TyresWearRL : 0 | TyresWearRR : 0 | TyresWearFL : 0 | TyresWearFR : 0 | ActualTyreCompound : 18 | PneusActuel : 17 | PneusTours : 0 | DegatPneuRL : 0 | DegatPneuRR : 0 | DegatPneuFL : 0 | DegatPneuFR : 0 | DegatAileronL : 0 | DegatAileronR : 0 | DegatAileronA : 0 | DegatDrs : 0 | EngineDamage : 0 | GearBoxDamage : 0 | VehicleFiaFlags : 0 | ErsRestant : 0 | Ers : 0 | ErsHarvestedThisLapMGUK : 0 | ErsHarvestedThisLapMGUH : 0 | ErsDeployedThisLap : 0

Maybe you forgot to update your header with 24 bytes ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThibaudPHP said:

I make a test to verify what you said. For me there are any problem. i have the good data. My reference are maxrpm and drsactivationdistance.

 


Joueur 13 | AssistTraction : 0 | AssistAbs : 0 | Essence : 0 | FrontBrakeBias : 0 | PitLimiterStatus : 0 | FuelInTank : 0 | FuelCapacity : 0 | EssenceRestante : 0 | MaxRPM : 13000 | IdleRPM : 4300 | MaxGears : 9 | DrsAutoriser : 0 | DrsActivationDistance : 111 | TyresWearRL : 0 | TyresWearRR : 0 | TyresWearFL : 0 | TyresWearFR : 0 | ActualTyreCompound : 18 | PneusActuel : 17 | PneusTours : 0 | DegatPneuRL : 0 | DegatPneuRR : 0 | DegatPneuFL : 0 | DegatPneuFR : 0 | DegatAileronL : 0 | DegatAileronR : 0 | DegatAileronA : 0 | DegatDrs : 0 | EngineDamage : 0 | GearBoxDamage : 0 | VehicleFiaFlags : 0 | ErsRestant : 0 | Ers : 0 | ErsHarvestedThisLapMGUK : 0 | ErsHarvestedThisLapMGUH : 0 | ErsDeployedThisLap : 0

Maybe you forgot to update your header with 24 bytes ?

Are you on Xbox? 

F12020 V1.01

Thank you for your support 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am on PS4 with the 1.03 version of the game. Maybe you don't have the good version. there are any update ?

 

@Hoosaid :

Quote

The 1.03 main game should contain the full UDP implementation used in the final beta version. What specific issues are you seeing? 

If you are 1.01. your problem is maybe from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 9:36 PM, EnsiFerrum said:

Thanks for the update.
Espacially like "Added the MFD panel index to the PacketCarTelemetryData to identify what HUD screen the player is currently viewing" 😉

May I remind you to a post from week one I currently not able to find.
I asked for the values when the RPM Leds light up.
Well, we developers can read them out, but this is inveting the wheel for the 42nd time.
Other game (sim) developers give me the numbers, some when a new car is added and I don't have to ask, some I have to ask.
I am currently a bit short of time (new job incoming and wont leave my old job in a mess and chaos) and therefore I have to put priorities .... 

Just want to come back to the topic for the correct numbers for the LEDs.
@Hoo Any way we can get this information, please.
It is really time consuming to read it out with eyeballing them.
THX in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ThibaudPHP said:

i am on PS4 with the 1.03 version of the game. Maybe you don't have the good version. there are any update ?

 

@Hoosaid :

If you are 1.01. your problem is maybe from here.

From what I'm hearing, it looks like there is some kind of issue with telemetry on Xbox as every user with issues appears to be on that platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×