Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020 UDP Specification

Just now, notsomahsoom said:

Why aren't the player names send through the participant or lobby info packets? It just shows 'Player' instead of the steam Id. 

I recommand to block people who try to ask that. because they clearly don't take the time to read this page... Just read some post upper yours...

Posted (edited)

@ThibaudPHP i just saw the pages. answering the question regarding other games which have a similar system, ACC have had it for quite some time. Additionally, the data was being sent in 1.03. but was removed in 1.05. 

Edited by notsomahsoom
regarding change following patch.

if you correctly read page 5 and page 6. i think you will have your answer.

LonelyRacer give exemple at Hoo. cJorgens give his opinion too. i post old post from 2017 who explain the codemaster position...

I did read those posts. Still awaiting response from the devs. My only intention of the post is to make a case that there are people whose applications will be benefitted from an experience point of view. For example, we want to show the names of our players in our stream overlays. It's not easy to enforce drivers to pick a certain car. One mistake and the wrong info is displayed. Additionally, we need uniquely identifying data so that we can upload race results to our league website post our races. Currently, name is the most viable and 'fool-proof' solution. Every other solution has an extremely high rate of user intervention. 

Punish them with a penalty, you will see, everybody will respect.

I use car number + nationality to map the good nickname. 30 seconds penalty if their nickname is not display correctly (bad number, bad nationality, bad official car). It's working perfectly. If there are three issue with their name, they are exclude from the league. There are plenty of racer who want their seat. Put rules, make them apply. (and create a page to update the name in live)

16 hours ago, ThibaudPHP said:

I recommand to block people who try to ask that. because they clearly don't take the time to read this page... Just read some post upper yours...

While I understand this thought I don't expect everyone to read all 6 previous pages if the official documentation still states:

This is a list of participants in the race. If the vehicle is controlled by AI, then the name will be the driver name. If this is a multiplayer game, the names will be the Steam Id on PC, or the LAN name if appropriate.

N.B. on Xbox One, the names will always be the driver name, on PS4 the name will be the LAN name if playing a LAN game, otherwise it will be the driver name. 

If someone would be able to keep his first post updated or include an FAQ with stuff like "what about delta?" then this thread would only be half as long.

I read that someone asks this before, but not an answer

@Hoo what about the race numbers? In previous games, on multiplayer, each player races with their profile race number. 

Now you run with the same number of the pilot you are replacing. As somebody said here before, if you run in Lewis Hamilton's car, your number will be 44, although in your profile you have chosen another.

I want to know if this is a mistake or if it is the right way to proceed from now on.

Thx

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, notsomahsoom said:

can someone point me to resources where I can find out more about calculating delta? 

Dude. You really don't read the forum. can you stop to ask before to read please ? We, developper who read, waited reponse from codemaster, and you came spam for nothing.

PAGE 1 from this thread. PAGE 1 DUDE : https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/50942-f1-2020-udp-specification/?do=findComment&comment=522104

Please, take the time to read before to spam. And don't answer to me to give me a false reason for why you spam us.

1 hour ago, e1smann said:

While I understand this thought I don't expect everyone to read all 6 previous pages if the official documentation still states:

I read spec 2017, 2018,2 019. Answer are on this different posts. If you are a good dev, and a good forum user, you read it before to spam the topic because you are too lazy to search...

---------

2017 :

2018 :

2019 :

Edited by ThibaudPHP
spec 2017 to 2019

Posted (edited)

If you are a good dev, and a good forum user, you read it before to spam the topic because you are too lazy to search...

Please drop the attitude. If you're a good developer, you actually update your documentation more than once every 3 years.

While of course forum users need to search, there's literally 0 reason whatsoever why we would need to read three year's worth of history instead of just having the reason summarized in the original topic.

There's no need to defend the obviously outdated and broken documentation that was shipped with 2020, copy pasted mostly from 2019.

Edited by gparent
  • Like 2

@Hoo

Sorry I have looked over this thread but I can't follow what we are up to with various patches and different platforms.
Have had a couple patches on my PC and suggested gear is still zero. Is this now a problem on my end or has a fix not yet been released?
Just need to know if I need to fix something.
Thanks.

Posted (edited)

I seem to be getting two event packets for each event. For example each fastest lap event gets received twice, each speed trap, each warning etc 

Im on PS4 1.05 

Is anyone else getting this?

Edited by devvydevdev

I thought m_drsActivationDistance must be 0 in wet time trial but wasn't in my hot lap attempt this morning on Abu Dabi. 

On 7/27/2020 at 1:02 PM, navarreitor said:

I read that someone asks this before, but not an answer

@Hoo what about the race numbers? In previous games, on multiplayer, each player races with their profile race number. 

Now you run with the same number of the pilot you are replacing. As somebody said here before, if you run in Lewis Hamilton's car, your number will be 44, although in your profile you have chosen another.

I want to know if this is a mistake or if it is the right way to proceed from now on.

Thx

It was me. I check with patch 1.06. for official car we have still the official number 😢

Posted (edited)

Yes, I checked too. I only want to know if this is gonna be this way from now on. In previous games, @Hoo said this was not a viable option to get around the driver's name problem (https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/30601-f1-2018-udp-specification/?page=8, October 10, 2018) so I am confused.

Also, I noticed that the drsActivationDistance is >0 when rain (0 = DRS not available, says the description) not only in the time trial, also in races. 

Edited by navarreitor

I did an unranked multiplayer race on PC and m_name in the ParticipantData package gives me "Player" for all drivers. The documentation says I'm supposed to get the steam IDs though. Is this a bug or why is it happening?

I just race the weekly event and noticed that when you use the multiplayer car, then your car number is the one you choose when you create your profile.

Still waiting to know if this behavior (F1 cars: real car numbers, even in online games when you race with your character / Multiplayer Cars: your chosen number) is the right one or is an error and is going to change back to previous versions behavior

• Agree 1

Hi

While Race Control deactivates DRS I think that DRS distance must be 0, and not. It shows the distance in meters when DRS is not available

Hi

Reading UDP data with Simhub, m_tyresAgeLaps=0 when a race starts, even if they already have several laps of a previous life in the classification. 

9 minutes ago, navarreitor said:

Hi

Reading UDP data with Simhub, m_tyresAgeLaps=0 when a race starts, even if they already have several laps of a previous life in the classification. 

It's a data restricted. like fuel, ers, wear tyres etc

1 minute ago, navarreitor said:

I think I have not expressed myself correctly, I mean the player's own data

I try to found an explanation why. Maybe this data is false like on the HUD in spectator mode

1 hour ago, ThibaudPHP said:

I try to found an explanation why. Maybe this data is false like on the HUD in spectator mode

I dind't remember that was also false in the HUD.