Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020 UDP Specification

the lap age on the HUD are crazy. some stay at 0. some are upper than the lap.
https://youtu.be/N3HxUJXR8Nw?t=1946 COS_Thibaud have 0 laps with his hard tyres

Posted (edited)

There is no session UID in final classification header anymore. This way all our applications are useless.

{
m_packetFormat: 2020,
m_gameMajorVersion: 1,
m_gameMinorVersion: 7,
m_packetVersion: 1,
m_packetId: 8,
m_sessionUID: 0n,
m_sessionTime: 0,
m_frameIdentifier: 0,
m_playerCarIndex: 0,
m_secondaryPlayerCarIndex: 0
}

Edited by Neospin

On 8/2/2020 at 11:22 PM, navarreitor said:

I just race the weekly event and noticed that when you use the multiplayer car, then your car number is the one you choose when you create your profile.

Still waiting to know if this behavior (F1 cars: real car numbers, even in online games when you race with your character / Multiplayer Cars: your chosen number) is the right one or is an error and is going to change back to previous versions behavior

With 1.07 we will have the avatar number, not the official one. I test on PC ;)

Posted (edited)

Still no FTLP and SPTP Events in Multiplayer.
Still wrong weather data in session package. Values like 10 and 8 instead of 0 to 5.

😫😥

Edited by Neospin

18 minutes ago, Neospin said:

Still no FTLP and SPTP Events in Multiplayer.
Still wrong weather data in session package. Values like 10 and 8 instead of 0 to 5.

😫😥

I receive the SPTP when i am spectator. Never use the FTLP so i can't answer

Thanks for information. I will try some constellations, but slowly there is no hope anymore Codemasters will fix it.

Hi,

Does anyone know the meaning of the data in these fields ?

int16         m_worldForwardDirX;         // World space forward X direction (normalised)
    int16         m_worldForwardDirY;         // World space forward Y direction (normalised)
    int16         m_worldForwardDirZ;         // World space forward Z direction (normalised)
    int16         m_worldRightDirX;           // World space right X direction (normalised)
    int16         m_worldRightDirY;           // World space right Y direction (normalised)
    int16         m_worldRightDirZ;           // World space right Z direction (normalised)

Thx ... Andy

Could anyone give me some advise on how to calculate the gap between cars?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, leung55 said:

Could anyone give me some advise on how to calculate the gap between cars?

There are several ways depending on how often you want to update it, but you can use the session time in the header as a reference time and then compare something between the drivers (lap distance, sector etc)

hi! 

can anyone help me how I can get the data using python?

i'm trying to get it via socket, but i don't know where to absorb the data

tks

Hi!

After the new patch, the game shows some useful informations related to pit stops in the "Pit Stop" tab of the menu during the races.

Is there any way to get this info out (like we already do for other similar events) now that it has been added?

That would be really useful.

Thanks!

This might sound like a basic question but what is the expected range and unit of values for wheelSlip and wheelSpeed? I currently get values like 0.004381676 for wheelSlip and sometimes as low as -29 all the way to 97 for wheelSpeed and those values don't seem to make sense to me. I don't want to rule out that my code is just not decoding the data properly but without it being documented anywhere it is quite hard to tell what realistic values are.

On a side note: it would be super helpful if we could get the ranges and units for each field as well as an example "package" as part of the docs for reference.

Hey there i have a problem! I want to write a python tool for multiplayer sessions. i want to use the names of the players in the game. the problem is, that only the names of the real F1 drivers are appear. The other called everytime "Player" can i get the name on otherwise?

thanks for help!!

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, Hoo said:

Sorry - we have not managed to get to this yet. Unfortunately, there are a couple of other issues that the team has had to look at. We will try and get to this as soon as we can.

@Hoo Are there plans to work on this UPD-issues? For me it is still important to have the correct penalties in seconds. 

And here are a lot of other problems written that could be fixed.

Kind regards,

Mark

Edited by markundsteffi

On 9/8/2020 at 3:56 AM, relihimas said:

can anyone help me how I can get the data using python?

Someone wrote a python tool here, maybe you can use this as an example.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:45 PM, xNachtelf said:

Hey there i have a problem! I want to write a python tool for multiplayer sessions. i want to use the names of the players in the game. the problem is, that only the names of the real F1 drivers are appear. The other called everytime "Player" can i get the name on otherwise?

This has been discussed multiple times already. Codemasters claim they can't send the username because of data protection rules (which is ridiculous). As a workaround I use "Player" and the Driver ID in the ParticipantsData packet.

I thought after two months there would be some updates here, but it looks like telemetry isn't important enough compared to all the other bugs that need fixing. Maybe there'll be some updates in F1 2021.