Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Request: Turn off reliability issues [online]

Posted (edited)

I've been league racing since the F1 2013 days and have done over 450 races... never did I experience so many reliability issues on my car than on F1 2019. 

It's mainly the rear wing/DRS... in the last 3 races alone my DRS failed twice on me for 5-7 laps (Russia/Mexico) and it's just not fair and really annoying. We practice a lot but keep getting robbed of a chance to win thanks to something so unnecessary. Takes the fun away.

In Mexico yesterday it was even worse because from the moment it failed on lap 4, my rear was uncontrollable in sector 2, I wasn't sure why until I realised my DRS was stuck open and I had no rear downforce, almost crashed and took someone out but was lucky to safe it. On lap 11 it suddenly fixed itself and the car was stable again.... cost be 5-6 seconds and the win in the end.

Here comes my request: We should be able to deactivate car defects/reliability issues in the settings alongside the damage settings. Thanks!

Edited by TSR Zinker
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 3

I agree the choice should be there for lobby creators. Random failures online make a mockery of skills in a race. If your force semi realistic real life problems you should force cockpit, assists and all the rest too. I never play online but I would one day if it was fair.

• Agree 1

I havee to admit I’ve never once had an issue in an online race before and actually didn’t think it was possible to have reliability issues. Turning it off would be a nice option.

• Agree 1

I agree. 

Maybe that a 1/40 (or something) chance of having your engine catch fire spectacularly or a gearbox failure during the 'race' would add something to the game,
but those drs failures are silly anyway and don't happen anymore too. (Yes i've seen the renault drs fly of the car but that was testing :P) Also NOT IN QUALI PLZ. that is just way too annoying and unfair. 

We need the option to turn them off (for quali and race seperately ideally) and if they're still in we need better ones than the drs failures.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, cpayne32 said:

I havee to admit I’ve never once had an issue in an online race before and actually didn’t think it was possible to have reliability issues. Turning it off would be a nice option.

Yes and it actually happens quite frequently. Can't say for sure but I'd say at least one person at every race? 

I've had DRS failiures 3-4 times in the current season (18/21 races done) and it can happen at point. During Qualis, early or late in the race. Duration is also variable. It cost me 2 chances at a win and I ended up close 3rd on both occasions because I had no chance to make an overtake thanks to DRS trains... I was simply stuck. 

Hopefully @BarryBL can see this and bring it forwards to the devs. 

• Agree 2