F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Irrelevant posts and the Ignore button

I understand there's a wide range of ages using the forum, and I understand that people are excited about the possibility of getting in the beta. But this is still a forum for discussing the game or F1 in general and surely we can all find the maturity to have some regard for others when we are pressing the 'post' button.

Is your post necessary? Does it say anything relevant? Will others want to read it?  

I'm just wondering, how many people have used the ignore button, in this or other forums?

I ask because there is so much pointless repetition of posts here that it becomes really annoying.

Just one example - a user has over 30 posts with an average of just 4 words per post. First, it's obvious they just want to raise their message count, hoping it will get them in the beta program. But second, and more importantly, it is just pointless and timewasting, and annoys many users, to keep getting a notification that there's a post, only to visit and find another meaningless, 'yeah' or 'ok' has been posted.

Shouldn't we all think a bit before posting and have respect for the forum?

Sorry, rant over.

• Agree 5

19 minutes ago, Morsify said:

I understand there's a wide range of ages using the forum, and I understand that people are excited about the possibility of getting in the beta. But this is still a forum for discussing the game or F1 in general and surely we can all find the maturity to have some regard for others when we are pressing the 'post' button.

Is your post necessary? Does it say anything relevant? Will others want to read it?  

I'm just wondering, how many people have used the ignore button, in this or other forums?

I ask because there is so much pointless repetition of posts here that it becomes really annoying.

Just one example - a user has over 30 posts with an average of just 4 words per post. First, it's obvious they just want to raise their message count, hoping it will get them in the beta program. But second, and more importantly, it is just pointless and timewasting, and annoys many users, to keep getting a notification that there's a post, only to visit and find another meaningless, 'yeah' or 'ok' has been posted.

Shouldn't we all think a bit before posting and have respect for the forum?

Sorry, rant over.

yeah totally agree with the beta you don't even get to play all of the released game skins are still work in progress last year all the cars were just colours with the AI having the classic car drivers names. i understand it's good to be passionate but there is a line when it comes ridiculous .

I agree. 

If you check the people who say they have the beta then check there codemasters profile. 

They have literally made an account few days before the beta .

Now if they genuinely have been picked .it don't say alot of the choice of people being picked. 

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

I agree. 

If you check the people who say they have the beta then check there codemasters profile. 

They have literally made an account few days before the beta .

Now if they genuinely have been picked .it don't say alot of the choice of people being picked. 

Just because they don't have a long-standing forum account, they may still have the needed experience or skills that Codemasters is looking for.  Someone with a few years as a software quality control tester would be invaluable in this kind of thing, but they may be new to the forums.  Or they may have been playing the games for years without creating an account here until recently.