Fix this "AI" qualifying issue

Following point: when a qualifying is finished and your AI takes over your car it continues driving around the track and doesn't go into the pits (even with no fuel left).

My issue is not the fact that it's programmed this way but that if your AI ceashes with another AI after the end of the Qualifying and goes DNF because of their stupid behaviour then you are out of the Qualifying.

I just have this issue right now in my league race and it ****** me off because it's such a nonsense problem which could just be fixed by making the AI cars in the qualifying to ghosts (even when Ghosting is turned off).

Please fix this issue in F1 2020 because it can literally destroy your entire race because of starting from the back without your fault.

IMG-20200518-WA0015.jpg

• Agree 2

Absolutely agree, AI behaviour in qualifying needs massive overhaul, in both multiplayer and singleplayer. From supersonic out- and in-laps to constant crashing after the checkered flag, it's a bit embarrassing in all honesty. 

Since F1 2016 this problem is there, and probably it will be the same thing in F1 2020. I have already report this issue. 

No return of the staff member...hope they will consider your post.

Hopefully this will get checked in the beta

8 hours ago, ZixClon said:

Since F1 2016 this problem is there, and probably it will be the same thing in F1 2020. I have already report this issue. 

No return of the staff member...hope they will consider your post.

Did you report it in Technical assistance sub-forum? I am guessing that they will only use inputs from there to test if issues still exist.

What they really should do is have the player in full control up until the last AI (if you're not the last car to finish a lap) and only finish the session once you and all the AI have finished their last laps. 

To add to that, they should add a spectate option for q2/3 if you get eliminated in the previous session. 

Solves the issue of poor AI control after you finish and cuts out the "simulated" AI lap times. (And cancels that AI q3 bug too where all cars revert to season 1 stats!).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, XanderSJX said:

Did you report it in Technical assistance sub-forum? I am guessing that they will only use inputs from there to test if issues still exist.

Bro since F1 2016 im not the only one complaining about this... you have many topic about this issue. I have done one on F1 2018, didnt get patched. I lost hope they can fix this major issue.

You can see a recent topic there about it in technical assist:

Edited by ZixClon
  • Like 1