Sign in to follow this  

In game chat

I would like if there will be implemented some kind of in game chat in online sessions. Right now you can only interact with other people through microphone, which I dont have and many people too. I believe it would be really good feature, I had good battles with strangers in online lobbys and abbility to talk with them after race would be nice, or if I would like to talk about some crashes that happened in the race, quali... I don't know if it is planned or not but communication in game right now with other people is nearly non existent, plus it can't be very hard to put it into the game.

I think on PC it could be an option (aside from the "wheel inconvenience" , but I dont think it will be used enough or at all on console.

Historically, CM have preferred to have feature parity across all platforms, with some minor exceptions, so I'd be surprised if we ever get this tbh.

Also, as a developer myself, being told something "can't be very hard" to implement is pretty much the best way to ensure it never gets done 😉  Anything that involves sending stuff over a network, even some simple text messages, and ensuring everyone can see them at roughly the same time and in the right order, is probably already an order of magnitude more difficult than you might imagine.

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 1

Well if it is not gonna be in the game in the future, I can live with it, well I played every game since 2010 and here I am even without chat. But it is shame because so many different games, even racing ones have chat and I think it is important part of any online game.

I've been wondering about that myself recently, because the in-game voice-chat is also years behind since you don't have any options to adjust/test speech volumes. And with that inferior voice-chat and the missing text-chat, it always feels like a console game ... but then I remember that thís game is actually also being released as a console game, so that might explain those limitations. However, unlike some other games that only port console versions to pc, I am under the impression that Codemasters didn't only port the console versions to pc. The game really plays like a proper PC game, so if it's more than just a port, then why keep those console limitations and not implement proper chat-features in the pc version? And as far as the console versions are concerned, you could add a simply text-chat with pre-defined messages that you can use via buttons, pretty much like the MFA controls. The multiplayer experience could benefit so easily for both pc and console players with better communication options...