DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isle of Man TT 2015

Surprised no one has started a thread on this yet
So I'll do it :tongue: 
Couple of questions to get as started...

Favourite Rider?
Favourite Class?
Predicted winner of the Senior TT

As we speak Bruce Anstey has won the  Superbike Race!

Goddamnit @Juice29 lol. I was gonna wait until ITV show it later to find out who won :p Good stuff though, Anstey is awesome :) 

All about Guy Martin for me though of course :p Gotta love the man!

In future I'll use the spoiler tags [spoiler]like this :tongue:[/spoiler]

Haha, definitely helpful :p Are there channels showing it live? I've usually just relied on ITV's one hour show in the evenings of TT week.

But Dave, if you didn't want to find out the result what are you doing in a thread called "Isle of Man TT 2015" ? :p

I opened and read the thread because I wasn't thinking about the fact that the race was already on when I clicked on it lol.

I'm used to not knowing anyone else interested in the TT :p 

Favourite rider is Hutchy

Favourite class is Superbike

I'd already said Anstey was in contention for the big bike class wins, and after today he's still one of the favourites for the senior. Hutchy is very quick though, and M Dunlop was way below lap record pace before he crashed two corners from the end of the race, so one of them three. Don't think anyone else will get anywhere near them.

Guy Martin is a brilliant personality and I would love to see him win a race... but I have my doubts it will ever happen.  :/

Watched the opening race last night, was also pleased to see ITV4 showed "Road" after the highlight show. I own it on DVD, but I watched it again anyway, now regretting not turning the TV off as I'm knackered!

tbtstt said:
Guy Martin is a brilliant personality and I would love to see him win a race... but I have my doubts it will ever happen.  :/

Watched the opening race last night, was also pleased to see ITV4 showed "Road" after the highlight show. I own it on DVD, but I watched it again anyway, now regretting not turning the TV off as I'm knackered!
I highly doubt Guy will win anything either. It really is a case of if he doesn't this year he never will. In every class he's got the best bike and the bike that won that race last year, so he's got no excuses. He's won loads of road races but none at the big two. Personally I just think he's missing that little bit to get him on the same level as the top boys

Winner of the Monster Energy Supersport race 1: [spoiler]Is Ian Hutchinson brilliant win for hutchy well deserved after his accident[/spoiler]

Haven't looked at the spoiler yet :p 

ITV4 are showing a full lap of the TT with Bruce Anstey talking through it. It makes the Nordschleife look eassy, and it makes F1 and MotoGP look as safe as playing Golf lol. They spent around 15 mins showing half the lap, second half is gonna be shown a little later in the show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inc9cGasgsA https://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=d9rTfiMqn30 You decide which it better :tongue:

Juice29 said:
Sidecars sound awesome!
The passengers on those things have gotta have the biggest balls on the island lol.

2 of my old friends race sidecars, their workshop is about 5 minutes walk from my parents house, and seriously Paul (the passenger) is probably one of the nuttiest guys I've ever met. I was once sat in the back of his car when he mounted the pavement, came up behind one of our friends, bumped him up onto the bonnet and then drove off down the road with the guy holding onto the windscreen wipers for dear life lol. 

Picture here of him from the TT last year: https://www.flickr.com/photos/49467934@N04/15598365344 
And Dean the driver, he's a friend of my stepdad :)

Juice29 said:
Winner of the Monster Energy Supersport race 1: [spoiler]Is Ian Hutchinson brilliant win for hutchy well deserved after his accident[/spoiler]
Ok just read your spoiler because Itv are now showing the Supersport tomorrow night... Awesome! Very happy to know he won :) Very unhappy about Guy's penalty though :| Should be interesting to see him taking up Dunlop's place in the TT Zero at least.

Watching the interview I realise Guy.Martin must be on the Autistic spectrum I recognised some of the triats in myself :joy:

Juice29 said:
Watching the interview I realise Guy.Martin must be on the Autistic spectrum I recognised some of the triats in myself :joy:
Think it's assburgers (asperger's) Guy Martin's got bud. You as nutty as he is? :p 

I went to Brands Hatch back in September 2012 to watch some motorbikes and sidecar racing. It was an epic day, I'd like to go and see bike racing again, it's very good.

But yeah, the sidecar passengers, absolutely crazy! As you said Prawn, massive balls :p 

Winner of the superstock race: [spoiler] Is Ian Hutchinson again! Very dominat this time favorite for the senior race? [/spoiler]

Juice29 said:
Second supersport race and the TT zero is today! Predicted winners?
Hutchy or Anstey again for Supersport, not sure anyone cars about the zero do they? I don't even know who's in it this year

Alright guys. It's the big one the Senior TT: [spoiler] The winner was John McGuiness new lap record as well top 11 did 130 mph laps! [/spoiler]

What a TT best one of my memory. Loads of lap records broken and best of all. We heard proper engine noise