Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt monthly thread

Well, the montly is done, with a bit over an hour left :D It was going really well until Sweden, where I lost a lot of time, I'm just slow there. But still, at least I finished it :) And with no major accidents, just a few spins here and there 

A day without Porky is like a day without sunshine.

Cue melancholy music.

cjl9 said:

No, no!!! Don't do that.

Please.

We need your input and company every day.

I'll still be here, just not be driving any more DR. :D

Every time I play these days, the wife switches the range extender off up the stairs before she heads to bed, & accidentally kills my racenet connection...  that's nearly worse than making mistakes on the stages!!  :#

Monthly event done & dusted. Picked the Integrale.

Driving very, very safely, but I still managed to mess up due to misunderstanding a note. Clipped a bank, got a puncture, then rolled I don't know many times before the car finally came to a halt. I repaired the puncture and moved right along. No further incidents after that. The rest of the event went smoothly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y2qeznBI0s

Michigan? More like Foggan. Much like Pork, i also had a puncture, but did without the rolling lol.

But man, those 4 full fog stages are HELL. Lost so much time on those. And on that one incident where the dude didn't call the hairpin AT ALL. NICKY. The 'oh f...' on my face when i recognized the hairpin tiles, barely spun myself to prevent retiring by whacking the civvie car with my rear. Gamer handling helped too probably.

At least i won a stage, as of writing. #Keybro

Sat down and did my monthly. Kinda sore now. Picked the Ascona. Not the fastest car in the bunch, I reckon both the Stratos and the Renault 5 will kick its butt with ease. But I really enjoyed myself. The stages were magnificent - SS8 being my favourite of the bunch.

Unlucky retirement, PC froze longer than usual on a high speed braking point, terminal. Well, time for a 30 day break.

Decided to do the current Spain H3 monthly with basically no warmup on how my Ascona drives or how hellish Spain can be in the fog (which there was lots of). Would not recommend doing that! 15 and a half minutes down on the leaders, could've been worse I suppose.