Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt monthly thread

According to the "traffic lights" on dirtgame.com/events the new monthly is running without access to the service area?
24 stages without repairs - that's going to be though..

I have noticed that the Sierra is awesome to drive, and I think it is on par with the BMW performance-wise since the physics update. I had a blast driving through the welsh stages in the monthly with it. It can almost match the times of the 037...

will have to try the sierra i wanted to like it before but just prefer the bmw.

Can anyone confirm the no service areas? Tried to start it last night but kept wrecking with the v2 before I got to the first time split :(

I didn't touch the gearing. I put the brake bias more to the rear though, and increased the differential strength. :smiley: 

Interesting, but, unless you're topping out in 5th, drop the gears all the way 'down' and see what you think.

Hi there.
Loved this monthly. I finished yesterday in 3rd (it will not last much...)

Did it with the Sierra RS500. What a car. Maybe my favourite so far.

I would like to take this opportunity to talk a bit about the importance of a good FFB setup.
I improved my times a lot since I discovered a succesful, fully informative FFB settings.

I dont drive "blind", guessing what the car will do; not anymore. When the car loose traction at front (understeers) I feel it and I can work on it. When the car looses the rear, the wheel slides in my hands to the right direction and when weight is transfered, it changes direction itself so you just have to go along with it and dose gas+braking.

So the monthly was a bittersweet experince:
- From stages 1-6 got to upgrade the car until get it maxed out. So these first stages where pretty slow.
- From stages 7-12 drove it decently, but very scared. Could not drive fast since I couldnt feel the car reactions.
- From stages 13-18 I was used the car much more. Even with a bad FFB setup I was be able to set top 50 global times.
- From stages 19-24. Baumholder. New FFB settings. Automatically improved times. I was able to set top 10 times, even a couple of 2nd. every single run was great at Germany.

I Have enjoyed this so much, that I´m thinking to restart it from scratch and drive the whole event again. I bet I can enhace my overall time at least a couple of minutes.

That's very interesting! I'm struggling a lot with the 80s cars. What are your new FFB settings?
(Don't worry. I'm not going to beat you, or most others, anyway. I'm horrible with RWD on gravel. My goal is to just bring the car home in more or less one piece.)

Here:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/17307/logitech-driving-force-gt-recommended-ffb-settings

I hope you will find that useful. I keep updated the first post (to my liking) but there are configs from other people you may like :)

Dont know what wheel you have so try that as it reads... and if you find it too strong just play a bit with the overal force and self align torque

Anyway, the thread is there. If you need help just post out there.

To sum up my monthly...

Wales: Weeeee.
Greece: Weeee.
Monaco: Urf.
Germany: Bläurgh.

Basically it went well until tarmac physics said hi... I can't go fast with these broken physics. The car just acts wrong and glides like a slice of butter in a hot frying pan, no matter what speed.

Well. I did my best. Hopefully it was enough to win.

OzoreXS said:
... believe me, it was enough.

You're forgetting about all the other drivers that haven't finished their runs yet. :P

Thanks a lot for all the work with the ffb, @OzoreXS !

It was a major improvement on tarmac! I'm going to experiment with getting more feedback from understeer, but all in all it was a huge step forward!
It will take some time getting used to the new feel on gravel, but overall this was very nice. :smile: 

foppaldo said:
Thanks a lot for all the work with the ffb, @OzoreXS !

It was a major improvement on tarmac! I'm going to experiment with getting more feedback from understeer, but all in all it was a huge step forward!
It will take some time getting used to the new feel on gravel, but overall this was very nice. :smile: 
Thanks you mate. At this moment this is the better FFB config I found for my Driving Force GT.
Maybe its not perfect yet but at least now you can feel weights, masses, traction, road (specially gravel, tarmac is just flat).

Driving a 70´s car, a group B RWD car... and specially 80´s cars are supperb. 

Now, driving an V1 cars just feels odd but I still prefer the tarmac feeling of the V1´s

Much thanks to @OzoreXS FFB config my trusty Sierra have come through Greece alive! Hurray!
If we together can sneak our way past the dreaded insta-kill spots of Monte Carlo, I'm about to call this monthly a huge success!

I've hated driving the 80s cars. In the past I've not been able to "connect" with them at all. Now in the last couple of Greek stages I actually got into a state of flow. Awesome!
(Depending on stage length, I still lose 15-45 seconds per stage to the grand masters, but at least my car is facing in the right direction most of the time. That's a huge improvement.)

Made it to 11th in my BMW that's not fully upgraded!! woohooooo!!!
I don't like the new tarmac physics very much either, it kinda feels like the car goes floating around. Now I hit the bales at the chicanes half the time because the steering is not responsive.

Did 21 of 24 stages just yesterday (the last day) :D Some stages went smoothly, some not so smooth. Germany was my favorite, althoug it was already kinda late in the night and my concentration was a bit floaty :D Finished securely in the top tier so should get some decent money for the new cars :)

I ended up in 30 seconds from Top Tier :'(

-----

I can't understand one thing. Professional Championship (in the career) gives me almost guaranted 300'000 for 24 stages. Thus, in the Monthly Event
- top reward is not big enough
- most of competitors will much less rewarded (67% will get only up to 135'000)

In my opinion, it demotivates to participate in the event again and again.

EddDragn said:
I ended up in 30 seconds from Top Tier :'(

-----

I can't understand one thing. Professional Championship (in the career) gives me almost guaranted 300'000 for 24 stages. Thus, in the Monthly Event
- top reward is not big enough
- most of competitors will much less rewarded (67% will get only up to 135'000)

In my opinion, it demotivates to participate in the event again and again.
It's the fun that matters, not the reward ;)

Speaking of fun... ermagherd, 2000s monthly. YAY :D 

OzoreXS said:
Oh no... 2000's monthly. :(                              
Switch to scalextric mode!
Time to De-Saturate the steering and sit-on-the-roof cam?  ha!!