Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt monthly thread

KevM said:
OzoreXS said:
Oh no... 2000's monthly. :(                              
Switch to scalextric mode!
Time to De-Saturate the steering and sit-on-the-roof cam?  ha!! 
Is there a roof cam? (the chase one, you see the car from behind?)

Roof/Bonnet Cam = Mr Bean cam.....

I'm sure there's really small amount of players that've done the monthly so far but 2 minutes adventage over second player is quite good result for me.
Even did my first #10 place overall in Hamelahti for particular. The C4 is really awesome.

Just did the 3rd set of stages (Germany) and I'm currently 2nd :o (I know, probably not for long, but I'll bask in the glory for a while :D) Also, it felt that the first stage, which was overcast, so had wet tarmac, was more grippy or atleast more controllable than the dry tarmac stages. Somewhere in the 3rd or 4th stage managed to lose the exhaust completely :D I was wondering, what happened to that nice rumble, the Focus 01 had :D. Now all I'm worried about are those Monte Carlo stages, that are coming up. I'm not a big fan of those :D 

Bah! I thought I was top 20 after Wales, even with a reset when I flipped the car once. (I even had the fastest C4 time on Sweet Lamb! That made me so proud that I had to say it.)

Turns out that I'd only done 5 out of 6 stages when I quit. /o\
- Geufron Forest at night with the horrible default setup? Crash, bang, boom. Reset event.

Seriously wtf? In the 2nd last stage my driveshaft breaks apart. It wasn't even recommended by the game to fix it.
Nothing was sounding off either and it scared the ÖÖÖÖ out of me when it just happened out of the blue.

The second tarmac part will be hard for sure....I'll lose the top 10, done few first german stages yesterday and it was really horibble.

This monthly is a great oportunity to max one of my new cars. Not getting any good positions but I don't care

So completed the monthly today. The car was totaly not happy at the end. Lost the exhaust like 4 times. Used auto repair, which fixed the exhaust to barely half and a few turns into the race you can hear the tone change, so you know, it's gone again :D Also, strangely, when you lose the exhaust, the handling changes quite a lot, it gets a lot more unstable. One time didn't even put it back on and used the time to fix other things :D 
Currently I'm 27th of 400 so I'm totaly fine with that result :D

@Didzis It doesn't really become unstable, it just gains around 100 bhp. It's a known bug by codies by now that if you let your exhaust die, you get a massive power increase - and the car becomes a lot faster and thus giving the illusion of being unstable as a result.

@Porkhammer  wait, so you're saying losing the exhaust is a good thing? :D Well, maybe not unstable, but a better word to describe it would be "loose".

Haha, yes, it lowers the back pressure :D 

Glad you posted that, Pork, i have the videos etc setup trying to talk to Jamie Lowes about it, though i suspect he already knew it now, based off what i said.

Great monthly, ended up on 10th place, such a fight with @OzoreXS  and mikekwinto. Senor must have had great last stage, ended up before me like 15 seconds cause he had in the end advantage of over 6 seconds...

I really can't feel the tarmac with any car...it's grippy then suddenly it's losing grip, and overall it's like flying over an asphalt 2-3 mm.

Well I'm leading the monthly, barely... Greko only 24 seconds off. He took one minute off me from Germany and Monte because he "forgot" to repair his broken exhaust after Finland, thus triggering the bug that makes the car go a lot faster. I don't know if it was intentional, but it's annoying that people take advantage of this bug. I drove well in both tarmac rallies, and not even the mighty ji1 could have taken a minute off me there. I'm glad I pulled away enough beforehand.

@Porkhammer  I didn't know about this bug and advantage which gives you. I fixed the exhaust couple of times with auto repair, but a few kilometers into the stage it was damaged again. In Germany I felt that something was wrong with my car when i lose the exhaust, just like Didzis said it started to be more unstable. I feel sorry about this :(

@versedi 

hehehe... yeah! despite I dont feel any confort running over tarmac stages, I played a lot of games/sims on circuit and thats exactly what I try to do, drive the car as a circuit racer. So I did my best in car setup at Germany and Monte and the results are fine.

I feel really confident with 07 Focus on hard surface, the car works 100% what I expect from it.

Greko320 said:
@Porkhammer  I didn't know about this bug and advantage which gives you. I fixed the exhaust couple of times with auto repair, but a few kilometers into the stage it was damaged again. In Germany I felt that something was wrong with my car when i lose the exhaust, just like Didzis said it started to be more unstable. I feel sorry about this :(
I didn't repair the exhaust a few times, becaus it just fell off in just a few turns into the first race and I thought that spending that time to repair other things (that wouldn't go back to 0% after 30 seconds) would be moer useful. I also didn't know about the power increase

Same exhaust bug.
After Finland, I had my car in poor condition.
I had to choose what I wanted repair.

In the end of Germany, I lost my exhaust.
I tried to repair.
Full 30 min on it, 0% -> 6x%
Next stage, after 1 minute of race, I lost again my exhaust.

We need a patch and I think a massive reset of the leaderboards.

I am not sure I get your point versedi.
And I did not notice this thread was 3 weeks old :|- silly me.

ZAMOY72 said:
I am not sure I get your point versedi.
And I did not notice this thread was 3 weeks old :|- silly me.
It's a recurring topic :] 
This thread is here so we can discuss whatever Monthly event is going on at the time of posting, just like the Daily and Weekly threads! 

I just don't think this thread is as active as the others because a lot of the main heads don't wish to sink time into a Monthly event. I on the other hand love the Monthlies, as it's a proper endurance challenge! 

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly skit! :open_mouth: 

I failed my monthly due to driveshaft again.
Now I restarted it and for the first time ever... I hired some engineers. The amount you can repair compared to no one is astounding!
Going from like 4-5% fixes to fully fixing the car in each service area is... mind blown. :D

No wonder I 'excel' at 1 stage dailies and end up in the lower middle in monthlys.