Sign in to follow this  

The Dirt monthly thread

ZAMOY72 said:
I am not sure I get your point versedi.
And I did not notice this thread was 3 weeks old :|- silly me.
I've meant that they're not fixing body for 1%.

This monthly was a lot of work. Some people are so fast in these cars. I focused on finding a good balance between speed and consistency, but of course there were some minor hiccups, still. zeXav put up a very hard fight in both Germany and Monaco - well done monsieur. Happy to have completed it, I'll reward myself with a Javameister now!

(there's a reason almost nobody uses the Subaru, by the way - ten points to the one who guesses it)

Wow, a clean sweep of all five events right now. Congratulations!

You noticed there was christmas, by the way? Just in case...

And the Subaru? No clue, having only tried it out once. Slow? Bad character?

YoMrWhite said:
And the Subaru? No clue, having only tried it out once. Slow? Bad character?
It bottoms out A LOT and thus makes you lose control easily after landings. It needs fixing!

I'll give this monthly a go, I hear there's credits to be had....

Not expecting much of a result, Iv only just taken the Impreza out of the packet, so no custom setup and no upgrades...

KevM did you done it? I think just right now a new one starts.
I was 10th at last with R4.

What do we have this years first monthly? 2010s, hell yea!

Unfortunately I got to the last Welsh stage before everyone came round for NYE.  I tried to retire to upload my times to that point, hit the wrong button and got reset to my time as the 2nd last Finnish stage lol.  I think despite the rolls and spins, I was up to 34th at the last so the car must be full power but no advanced setup or something?

repair need a fix asap on monthly (and maybe weekly)

i repair the radiator  with all the time i have to  80%,    after the races with no collision  radiator isback to 0%  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's the same shit as with the exhaust system!!!!!

please fix it, it's not possible to do a monthly in this condition!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

now because this shit radiator who will not repair i've got terminal damage ........... coooooolllll!!!!

shit shit shit shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finished the monthly today. Was using the VW Polo. In Wales and Sweden banged it up a bit, but drove Greece quite cleanly and by the last service stop had it almost back to 100% :D Currently I'm 30th of 170

monthly was good considering the repair issues  i'm now 33th by 212 with 01:41:53:256 :)

i like monthlys more than dailies and weeklys ;)

I still have a lot to figure out on tarmac, I was down to around 20th by the end of Germany. I put a pretty strong showing in at Wales, my best country and my home event, so that dragged me up. Average run in Sweden, but what a rush. Charged as hard as I could in Greece and that wrapped it up.

Definitely alright with P6!

My monthly was going swell 12 stages in, two spins but no major mistakes - was leading by ten seconds. Then I reached Sweden... and a certain little individual whom shall not be named had hotlapped every-single-stage there before gunning it. There's not enough time left for me to learn to go fast in Sweden with the 2010's - I struggle as it is in every other location - so rather than giving this desperate being any satisfaction, I just erased my progress instead, because this just isn't fair play. His excuse? "hurr durr wanted to beat Elias' times hurr", who funnily enough isn't even participating in the monthly.

Oh well.

Priceless.... lol

Go do 6.46 in the daily, it should make you feel better!  :D

Porkhammer said:
My monthly was going swell 12 stages in, two spins but no major mistakes - was leading by ten seconds. Then I reached Sweden... and a certain little individual whom shall not be named had hotlapped every-single-stage there before gunning it. There's not enough time left for me to learn to go fast in Sweden with the 2010's - I struggle as it is in every other location - so rather than giving this desperate being any satisfaction, I just erased my progress instead, because this just isn't fair play. His excuse? "hurr durr wanted to beat Elias' times hurr", who funnily enough isn't even participating in the monthly.

Oh well.

Well, hope the hotlappers will be a thing of the past
I did ok, I've done a lot better. P30

I have no idea how to drive on tarmac, so after Germany i was 50th with 46 sec behind 1st one. Dragged myself up during the last gravel stages and now im holding the 20th place. Good monthly overall

Oh well.

What a sh1t attitude you have these days. 'If I can't be 1st and look so perfect then why should I bother' it's a f*cking game, go suck a lemon and man up. 

Oh well.

Funny how you complain about someone hotlapping the track when you yourself have said that you practice beforehand.

Oh well.

What a sh1t attitude you have these days. 'If I can't be 1st and look so perfect then why should I bother' it's a f*cking game, go suck a lemon and man up. 
I don't mind losing, I just want it to be fairplay. If I had the "attitude" you described, then why did I lose both weekly events? Maybe you think it's fair if someone hotlaps every single stage in a monthly event, but I sure as hell do not. You can go suck something else.

Oh well.

Funny how you complain about someone hotlapping the track when you yourself have said that you practice beforehand.
Are you thick or something? I practice for daily events, but for the monthly events I try to do as many consecutive stages as possible.

by hot lapping does that mean practice the stage then do it repeat ?

dynt said:
Yes, the dude did a Sweden stage, save and exit, practice the next, back to monthly - rinse and repeat. If RCM finds that acceptable and me being whiny, so be it - but it just isn't fairplay in my book.

dynt said:
Yes, the dude did a Sweden stage, save and exit, practice the next, back to monthly - rinse and repeat.

Maybe this question is stupid, but how can you know this?

Are you thick or something? I practice for daily events, but for the monthly events I try to do as many consecutive stages as possible.
No need to throw insults. Practicing for a daily = prerunning the stage, I failed to see the difference between that and what the other bloke did for Sweden in the monthly.

YoMrWhite said:
dynt said:
Yes, the dude did a Sweden stage, save and exit, practice the next, back to monthly - rinse and repeat.

Maybe this question is stupid, but how can you know this?
I asked him if he did it and he said yes.
No need to throw insults. Practicing for a daily = prerunning the stage, I failed to see the difference between that and what the other bloke did for Sweden in the monthly.
I apologise, was a bit annoyed. Prerunning one stage for a daily event is one thing, but to do it for every single stage in Sweden just isn't ok. At least in my opinion.

As far as threads go......