Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt monthly thread

YoMrWhite said:
dynt said:
by hot lapping does that mean practice the stage then do it repeat ?
Yes, the dude did a Sweden stage, save and exit, practice the next, back to monthly - rinse and repeat.

Maybe this question is stupid, but how can you know this?
I asked him if he did it and he said yes.

Oh, as simple as that... Never crossed my mind. I feared you might be some hacking wizard doing his unholy stuff with other peoples profiles. Nevermind.

If he wants to hot lap/practice for the monthly then so be it, I don't agree with practicing for the daily events either, but you just threw your toys out of the pram because you couldn't beat him. It's exactly the same as when you have a crash or a spin on the daily events you retire so your time doesn't look bad. 

Preparation is no bad thing.  
Doing it to that extent is a slight exploit, but if someone puts the effort in, do they not deserve a result they've gone the extra mile for?

To some, Going the extra mile is pressing Page Up 6 times 

If he wants to hot lap/practice for the monthly then so be it, I don't agree with practicing for the daily events either, but you just threw your toys out of the pram because you couldn't beat him. It's exactly the same as when you have a crash or a spin on the daily events you retire so your time doesn't look bad. 
Yes, I am indeed a very sore loser, RCM. I'm not going to deny that. Sadly, the only way to compete for the top spot in dailies is by practicing. But, being a sore loser doesn't mean that I do not enjoy a good fight. I was enjoying our fight in both Germany and Wales. You kicked my ass on many of the stages which in turn pushed me to push even harder still. Then this guy starts with his little antics, and it just ... well, angered me.

Pre-running for all online events is not ok ;) Even using 270 degrees is not ok, but hey tha'ts my opinion. 

I took it slowly this week. It heard montly is not resetable, and I don't want to risk to plunge in to the ravin with my Audi. Last 3 stages were awesome. Won them all. Now I am second. Audi dances nicely in Monaco. 
You can reset monthly. I'm not sure if you can do it right off the bat, but definitely towards the end.

I'd love it if the monthly was like the daily in terms of no restarts, no resets though :p

Even using 270 degrees is not ok, but hey tha'ts my opinion.  
So if someone only has a 270° wheel, that's not ok?  :/ What has that got to do with anything? People are different and have different preferences. Someone might just have a 270° wheel, someone else has a 900° wheel, but only uses 270°, because he likes it better - so where's the difference in those two cases?  Just because he has an option to put a higher DOR, that somehow invalidates using a lower one?

i have  270° because i wanna save my logitech dfgt wheel and don't wanna injury and sweat that much by turning the wheel like a sailor :D :p

some guys take it too serious i think.  we playing a game for having fun.  if  someone use 270°  or practise before daily,weekly monthly; fuck off!

you have to complain???  do the same, you are free to do it!  ;)

EDIT:

monthly have no tuning setups????? O_o

teknoid85 said:
i have  270° because i wanna save my logitech dfgt wheel and don't wanna injury and sweat that much by turning the wheel like a sailor :D :p
I just find 270° too twitchy, so I use 540°. Not sure about any injuries, but the sweating is a thing :D 
IMHO there are no wrong DORs, that's all just preference. It is just a game after all.

Didzis said:
teknoid85 said:
I just find 270° too twitchy, so I use 540°. Not sure about any injuries, but the sweating is a thing :D 
IMHO there are no wrong DORs, that's all just preference. It is just a game after all.
maybe try  360 or 400° :)

it creates a brand new forum account       :)

Try it the next time you play, you'll see!                                                     

Monthly gave me lot of gray hair today. First i was driving in good phase and holding 3rd place when game crashed on the last stage. I was like okay i drive these last 2 again, but no. All the stages all over again. Its finally good to see that if you do alt+f4 you need to start fron start. Now i crashed on stage 4 and 5 and lose 20 seconds, managed to make fastest time on last stage tho so im okay with the result :D

I play with 900° with soft lock turned on, so I'll more than likely never see a top-spot finish on monthlies or dailies, but I'll still creep around top 50 with certain cars, with the major bonus being that I'm having a shit tonne of fun. 

So long as I continue to wipe the floor with Master AI, I'm cool. 

Yeah, 720 rotation + softlock here, but i'm not good enough even without that ;)  But the 6R4! OMG i'm in love with all the wheel movement and that car, and the sound!!

Yeah, i noticed the no restart stuff wasn't *quite* where it needs to be, if i don't save&exit at the end of a stage, i will typically go back to the previous stage when i come back to the game if i saved and exited from the *start* of a stage instead.

Yeah, 720 rotation + softlock here, but i'm not good enough even without that ;)  But the 6R4! OMG i'm in love with all the wheel movement and that car, and the sound!!

Yeah, i noticed the no restart stuff wasn't *quite* where it needs to be, if i don't save&exit at the end of a stage, i will typically go back to the previous stage when i come back to the game if i saved and exited from the *start* of a stage instead.
+1 for the 6R4 fun. 

In regards to the way I approach stages, I only use shakedowns, and that's it. I don't like the idea of practicing, because it makes me value my own instinctive skills and concentration when it comes to reading the road and listening to the pacenotes. 

If I crash, I crash. That's just rallying, and you learn from your mistakes the harder way; more effective for me than learning through meaningless practice runs with no repercussions. 

I should use shakedowns more often, i practically don't touch them, for fear of a racenet fail (spent 3 months with random racenet fails) and even though it's fixed now, it's ingrained in me to rush straight into it! :)

I agree on the not practicing, and i like and agree with your comment on reading the road and listening, although honestly, i get quickly to the point where if i know the area well enough, i end up trying to refine it so much, i crash more often :(

Glad my custom run with the 6R4 was full power for this, as my personal 6R4 is still 100 brake short and it would have hit the rock face hard if i didn't have full power here :)  (floored it and prayed, slid *just* enough, should have recorded the in car cam to show how close it was)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSJHEbTG0Lo

The 6R4 is one of the few cars that can pull that move off, well held!

Decided to try the 205 since I've never done a long event with it - turns out I didn't even own it, so starting with no upgrades.
It went OK, pretty sloppy in places but I didn't have a great rhythm, it usually takes me a while to get really comfortable in Monte. On stage 6 I flew off a cliff and managed to pause the game and reset the car before it DNF'ed me, then in the true spirit of Group B I grazed some spectators on a hairpin.

Currently in 245th place. Don't expect much competition from me. :D  I'm more concerned about actually finishing than being fast. I've only attempted two monthlies before, the first I crashed out with 4 stages to go, and the second I finished somewhere in the middle tier. I play with a 360 controller, I'm hoping to get a T300 sometime this year and start getting a little more serious.

Oh man i went off the cliff for terminal damage in Stage 1 with no event resets.
See you in March, monthly events.
:(

Headquake said:
Oh man i went off the cliff for terminal damage in Stage 1 with no event resets.

Do you not get to run next weeks set? i'm sure you do.

Headquake said:

same here, same in DRC   :(

@Kickup

please choice of snowtires in monte!!!!!!

I might be wrong, but doesn't the ability to reset come in towards the end of the event's lifespan? It was like that for every monthly I remember prior; I think it started on the final week or so.

I might be wrong, but doesn't the ability to reset come in towards the end of the event's lifespan? It was like that for every monthly I remember prior; I think it started on the final week or so.
No, the event restart is "unticked". It's usually ticked when it allows for restarts, whether you've completed the event or not.