Sign in to follow this  

dirt rally freezes and crashes

i just downloaded dirt rally and am having nothing but problems. it constanly freezes no matter what mode. can't even run benchmark test. my rig is fx8350, xfx r9 290 asus vg248qe @144hz just trying to run 1920 x 1080p resolution. I have checked game file integrity said it was good. why won't this run? Hope someone can help

game is running in 32 bit and my system is 64 bit. I know it shouldn't be an issue but is it?

Is there anyone from codemasters who will help me address this? I uddated to the new amd driver and now that is crashing. it onlyhappens in this game. I can still hear every thing but it is frozen

It's not your CPU, or your OS. I've got an fx8320 running Win 8.1 64bit, and the game works for me. I just ran your specs over at game-debate.com and they say your system should be spot on (I guessed at 8g ram, because that's the minimum the game wants)

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4320&game=Dirt+Rally&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=FX-8350&gc_make=ATI&gc_deriv=Radeon+R9+290+XFX+Black+Edition&ram=8&checkSubmit=#systemrequirements

And a quick Googling of your card shows it comes with a free copy of DiRT Rally if you buy it from Newegg, so your card shouldn't be an issue

okay I think I got it sorted out. sent a dxdia to codemasters and apparently I had a sound driver from 1997. Even though every thing showed as  I was up to date. Stupid slim drivers :0  With the card at stock clock (947) I was able to complete my first rally. wow I suddenly want to get driving wheel :)  Just playing around a bit, i was able to up the clock to 1000 for the game. preset on ultra. 1920 x 1080p gonna try 1440p later to see if it changes how things look.

Skiddy  thanks for looking that stuff up. I knew it was an amd title which is why I was getting frustrated figured it shouldn't be any issues with the card. I bought the card a few months ago and newegg was out of the original game( assasins creed black flag) they sent me this one to make up for it.