DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt weekly thread

2000's weekly no. 2 - mixed. Picked 2007 Focus for this as well.

Wales:
SS1: Pretty good.
SS2: Slow.
Germany:
SS3: 2x mistakes; clipping the haybale chicane, and braking too late and slamming the rear into a rock.
SS4: Pretty good.
Finland:
SS5: Super careful.
SS6: Super careful.

All in all, another crap weekly in the class I feel least comfortable in. I hate all this grip. Leading both weeklies for whatever reason with 15 hours to go, but if I actually win both I'll... actually I have no idea how I would react. Baffled?

Wales and Germany weeklies! Yay! Count me in! :D
(Also count on me losing a wheel on the first stage of both, because that's the way I roll.)

Tried my hands on the 2010's weekly in Germany with the Polo. SS1 was quite alright. Not superfast but acceptable. SS2 was trash, SS3 even more so. Small accident on SS4 causing a puncture, so... no point proceeding. I never did do well on night stages.

Wales weekly: not sure why, but took the Mini. It's kinda stiff compared to rest of the 2010s class cars. You have to drive it harder to get it to do what you want. The first stages went a bit slower, but all in all, it was ok

Germany weekly: Drove at the same time with a friend, while talking through Discord, both taking the Polo. We syncronised the starts and compared the times afterwards. It is more fun when you're not doing it alone. He was a few seconds ahead in the beginning and then  had some crashes and by the end of the weekly was over a minute behind :D But still was fun 

Didzis said:
Germany weekly: Drove at the same time with a friend, while talking through Discord, both taking the Polo. We syncronised the starts and compared the times afterwards. It is more fun when you're not doing it alone. 
It's the one thing I hope they change the most! :)

Germany with the 10s: A prefered terrain, but many huge mistakes. SS1 went well, in SS2 I crashed shortly before the end in that tricky fast right. SS3 was probably the best stage with 5:38 on Frauenberg. SS4 was horrible again with some hits and exactely the same crash as on SS2 - can you beleive it? The last two stages were ok again. If Pork would have made it, I wouln't have any chance to compete. But there are still some tarmac aces to come so it won't last.

Just tried the Germany weekly at night and I am pretty impressed that I nailed most of the ss with hardly any mistake...I acknowledge that for some reason I get better performances at night there, does it happen to anyone else?

foppaldo said:
Wales and Germany weeklies! Yay! Count me in! :D
(Also count on me losing a wheel on the first stage of both, because that's the way I roll.)
Done, and done the way more or less the way I predicted. Actually managed a good first stage on both events. Then crashed on stage 2 and 3 respectively.

Oh well. The Hyuandai was a lot of fun to drive through Wales. :)

F2 kitcar weekly, Wales - done. Picked the Ibiza. It feels a little more nimble and at home on gravel than the Maxi. SS1 went well, SS2 did not. On SS3 I had an extremely lucky moment that I just had to record with Shadowplay - it will make an excellent addition to my Windows Movie Maker masterpiece. The rest of the stages went smoothly without major hiccups.

The kit car weekly went surprisingly smooth, and for once smooth was actually decently fast. Not Porky fast, but as close as I've ever gotten :-)

Weekly 2, Group B 4WD, mixed locations - done. Picked the 205.

Greece:
SS1 Kathodo Leontiou: Very fast time.
SS2 Tsiristra Théa: Again, very fast time. I thought SS1 was a fluke because apparently I'm good at going "slowly" at narrow, twisty tracks with the 205, but Tsiristra Théa is a lot quicker than Kathodo Leontiou - and the time was excellent. Really happy with these two stages. I took a 10 minute break afterwards as I find the 205 mentally exhausting to drive.

Wales:
SS3 Geufron Forest: I noticed I could not bring myself to push as hard as I did in Greece. No mistakes, but the time was not as impressive as I had hoped. Then I remembered that I should stop treating each stage like a daily event. :P
SS4 Bronfelen: Nice and clean stage. Very happy to have survived Wales, and still extending my lead. I did not need a break after this as I find Germany to be the easiest of all locations since V2.

Germany:
SS5 Frauenberg: Got away with a whole bunch of tiny mistakes, and still managed a time matching that of me driving cleanly.
SS6 Ruschberg: Again some silly mistakes in the form of small overshoots due to late braking, but still ended up beating my PB by 8 seconds...

Kit car weekly: Picked the Ibiza, as it is my favourite. Managed to spin on stage 1 and 2, so lost a good 20 seconds there. Got the rear suspension sorted before stage 3 and steadily climbed the rankings to what might be a top 10 finish. (Subject to change in the final three hours.)

Weekly 1: Finland, 70's. Picked the Kadett as it requires the least amount of effort to drive, haha. Driving at what I thought was a cautiously quick pace, but I got a wake up call on SS3 where I had a high speed moment and lost 4 seconds. Lucky to not have spun around completely, but after that, my focus was solely on keeping good lines. Leading thus far with just a few hours left.

Will not be doing the R4 weekly as I refuse to drive those things.

Wiping the Gr.A Finland weekly from my mind.

Kit cat weekly started off awfully with 2 full stops and reverse on the first stage and 2 more on the second, mostly due to me forgetting how much grip the Ibiza has. After that it was smooth sailing with the Ibiza. Love that car, it's so forgiving.

Kitcar weekly, mixed countries (Greece, Finland, Sweden) - done. Picked the Ibiza.

Greece:
SS1 Kathodo Leontiou: Pretty decent time.
SS2 Tsiristra Théa: Backed off a little and focused on clean lines instead. Bad move. Only gained 1.6 seconds.

Finland:
SS3 Hämelahti: Extremely slow. It takes time for me to adjust to a completely different setup. I lost a good 10 seconds simply because I didn't know how the setup would react.
SS4 Pitkäjärvi: A little faster, but still not fully adjusted to the setup.

Sweden
:
SS5 Norraskoga: Extremely slow, again having to adjust to a completely different setup. Mistakes were made, 10 seconds gone.
SS6 Lysvik: A little better, but still making mistakes, lost about 8 seconds here.

Group A weekly, Finland - done. Picked the Integrale Made some small mistakes on SS1 and 2 and lost a handful of seconds. The rest though... had to push really really hard just to keep Headquake at an arms length. Solid drive from him.

Group A weekly, Finland - done. Picked the Integrale Made some small mistakes on SS1 and 2 and lost a handful of seconds. The rest though... had to push really really hard just to keep Headquake at an arms length. Solid drive from him.
Thanks man, that was a good weekly for me, both the stage and car are in my top 5 favourites to drive. 

This weeks events are done now too and though i've been practicing my tarmac driving, i'm still barely getting into the top 10.
Top 20 in Germany. In Monte i noticed i was getting beaten less by the fastest times on the snowy half stages.
It really just seems to be the Tarmac thats my main weakness.
Oh well, still fun.
:) 

Grp B Rwd, Germany: Matched the leaders for pace on the Verbundsring parts, but lost a lot on Flugzeugring. Blasted hairpins! Either the car understeered or I couldn't catch it. (Blasted talentless driver, amirite?)
Going into the final stage I thought that I _could_ still get a top 10 if someone had screwed up and I pushed really hard. Pushing the 037 really hard... Yeah, you know how that went. Rearwheel. Hinkelstein.

Oh right, the weeklies. Forgot about those. Had time to do the Group B RWD in Germany at least. Picked the Manta as everybody else was in an 037. Realised by SS3 that there'd be absolutely no chance of winning, so I went into cruise mode for the remainder of the stages. 6th overall is not too bad for the Manta.

Did the Group A weekly. Took the Lancia, that thing likes to drift on damp tarmac. If not for a big crash in stage 1, maybe would've been a bit better resuly, but oh well :D Did it mostly for the fun of it. On stage 3 or 4 got a bit carried away with the fun :D By this section I was kinda doing that on purpose, I think I punctured a tire like 2 corners before the finish :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp31L7PB_0c

Completed the 60's weekly. I'm currently 1st  :o (probably not for too long, but still feels nice :D) Was pretty clean driving all the way, even set the fastest time on stage 5.

The highlight of the weekly was probably this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQ3pgT-ufw

60's weekly, mixed locations - done. Picked the Mini because everybody and their dog picked the Alpine. Chickens!

SS1 was pretty fast. SS2 had some mistakes. Tried to make up for those mistakes on SS3 Sweet Lamb. Rolled and lost 12 seconds. Took it easy on the next stage, then pushed hard on SS5 again. Rolled. Another 10 seconds lost. A steady SS6 puts me in 9th overall at the moment.

Truly a shame to have lost nearly half a minute on those crashes. This could have been something spectacular. I had fun though. Love the Mini.

60's weekly, mixed locations - done. Picked the Mini because everybody and their dog picked the Alpine. Chickens!

SS1 was pretty fast. SS2 had some mistakes. Tried to make up for those mistakes on SS3 Sweet Lamb. Rolled and lost 12 seconds. Took it easy on the next stage, then pushed hard on SS5 again. Rolled. Another 10 seconds lost. A steady SS6 puts me in 9th overall at the moment.

Truly a shame to have lost nearly half a minute on those crashes. This could have been something spectacular. I had fun though. Love the Mini.

Well, after the feedback about your wonderful Christmas gift there was no choice left for you then to pick the mini :)