Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt weekly thread

No disrespect to dgeesi0, but I am starting to be quite annoyed with all theese cut stuff...

You know that feeling when you are at your top PB, thinking 'I can't do any better' and bam, you push it by few seconds?

I've seen Porkhammer's Mini run from last week at Pant Mawr rev. and I've got so inspired that I was able to push my PB from 3:25.something to 3:13.508. I know I can't match with guys at the top, but I am pretty sure that with more training and 'thinking about my mistakes' I will be able to push it more.

And maybe I will learn how to use stick to steer instead of d-pad one day... Or get G-27 or whatever...

One way or other, I would like to thank all top guys here for posting their replays and playing fair.

PS: to dgeesi0: Please, stop with this childish stuff, I love your replays too...

If it's only a casual run then why have you spent the last 2 days getting so wound up about it?

Why don't you try using manual gears? Once you get used to shifting up + down, you'll knock seconds of your own stage times

dgeesi0 said:
i said someone is cutting. and some are. why have you joined in lol.

2, I find it ironic. When you joined, you were accused of cheating. You are now accusing one of the people who accused you of cheating, of cheating. When you were accused you had this bit of advice to offer.
dgeesi0 said:
i just practice alot ! as said i can destroy those times in the video now my pug is fully unlocked. just do some practicing you will see.
Now he's beating your times, I guess he must have followed your advice. One things for certain, someone with a shield next to their name on the LB (ask Codies what it means in one of your daily tweets to them), won't be cheating/corner cutting.

You know I've actually been meaning to apologise about this as it turns out he was better with that car at the time, but now after this relentless bashing I don't think I'll bother. 

I think, if you highlight the stage, you just see how you've done there, not in the whole weekly. Try it out.

Wales have been a huge performance problem for my (ageing) graphics card - about half the fps of Greece. With the rain it's getting killed. Completing the rainy night stages in this weekly will be a challenge. :/

Yeah, if someone's cheating it's that Japanese driver.   :#

Hopefully codies can figure out how he did it and counter it.

Welp, this thread sure is full of stupid by one certain person. In other news, shame about that "japanese" guy. Either a bug or a hack :/

And my reward for the weekly event after finishing third was... 15,000 credits. Gee thanks for nothing. :/

And my reward for the weekly event after finishing third was... 15,000 credits. Gee thanks for nothing. :/
same here :( And got just 1000 for the daily

So there's now some obstacles to stop the cutting on bidno moorland, I bet my times won't change @dgeesi0 

what at do you think @Porkhammer? 

I am pretty sure that last time I checked I was like 55th in prev. weekly (Sunday night...), but when reward screen popped up I was in middle of bottom tier? Anyone else encountered something similar?

@Rallycameraman Nah, was a couple of halfspins there too. I'll upgrade the car and re-do it later.

Lol planning the same as me! I had an off on the first stage after the big jump so I think I'll upgrade and restart and go flat out then. 

I'm staying away from weekly/monthly events. I just don't like the fact that you just pause and exit the stage after a crash/miss and get to do the stage again. And again. And again. It's basically hotlapping each stage and then sum it up.

That's the thrill of the Daily. One shot.

Idealy the monthly/weekly would be saved after each stage, however, whenever you're on stage you will have to finish that stage to not get a DNF. No resets, no restarts.

Or even more hardcore, you only get to save each service!

so the group a weekly doesnt register me past the third stage

ive done it twice

Tried my best to overthrow you Rallycameraman, but alas, no luck.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/621844209606799808/7CF1E320A7E0B639AED606766CF56008A3C3EF86/

Looks like I won't have time to upgrade any of the little angry bees, so I'll do the F2 weekly in a car without upgrades this week. Ouch.

I seem to be leading the group A weekly though, but only because ji1 can't progress past stage 3 as the game completely ignores his stage times. :(

11th, 57 seconds off the pace... could be worse I suppose. Haha. The Ibiza might be slower than the Maxi, but I just like it better.