Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt weekly thread

2010-cars for both the weekly and the monthly. Crap.
Will need to do some serious grinding the next couple of days.

The F2 weekly could have gone a bit better. The steering is crazy sensitive on the tarmac bits. It went fine on the slippery stuff though. Somehow I'm in the lead, so maybe all those bad words I shouted at the car was unnecessary. :D

I'll see if I can manage it this week, got fully upgraded kitcars, but I doubt it will make a difference, I almost always make mistakes or go too slow.

bogani said:

I'm staying away from weekly/monthly events. I just don't like the fact that you just pause and exit the stage after a crash/miss and get to do the stage again. And again. And again. It's basically hotlapping each stage and then sum it up.

That's the thrill of the Daily. One shot.

Idealy the monthly/weekly would be saved after each stage, however, whenever you're on stage you will have to finish that stage to not get a DNF. No resets, no restarts.

Or even more hardcore, you only get to save each service!

I only do them for the credits. The leader board is meaningless.

PVP for the win :) you wont be able to reroll your mistakes and crashes then :D

So uh. In the RWD weekly my time for stage two isn't registred.

This is the same thing that happened during the Group A weekly (tried that weekly 3 times with the same result). My time pops up at stage 3, but I'm suddenly 2 minutes adrift. 

Yeah gonna remove my weekly times in the F2's. It's embarrassing how slow I am just because the steering is too sensitive on the tarmac.

Yeah gonna remove my weekly times in the F2's. It's embarrassing how slow I am just because the steering is too sensitive on the tarmac.
Man... you and Rallycameraman have almost the same time! xD

Too late now, he's deleted it. I crashed on the last stage, and lost over 9 seconds to ji1 Pretty disappointing when I was only 2.6 down after 3 stages.

Well I seem to have the same issues as ji1 in the 80's weekly. Times not registering on ss2 leaving us lightyears behind, and we're currently 9th and 10th. That's stupid.

Well, I've reset it now. Will try again tomorrow.

I do not think my KB Sierra Cossie should be that high in this weekly. O . o Though i did get some amazingly good times with this Sierra for no apparent reason. Got top 15 times on three-four of the given stages. Kit Car? Nope nope nope nope.

I can't even do the second run in the weekly. The first one is ok and when I try to do the second one, it shows map loading and just as I'm about to start, it says "Couldn't connect to RaceNet, try again later" and after that I can't even open the Online challenges page, without restarting the game. Tried restarting the whole event, didn't help, still right before the second run it throws me in the menu

Didzis said:
I can't even do the second run in the weekly. The first one is ok and when I try to do the second one, it shows map loading and just as I'm about to start, it says "Couldn't connect to RaceNet, try again later" and after that I can't even open the Online challenges page, without restarting the game. Tried restarting the whole event, didn't help, still right before the second run it throws me in the menu
Which one? I did both with no problems at all.

Even restarted the Kit Cars one.

OzoreXS said:
Didzis said:
Which one? I did both with no problems at all.

Even restarted the Kit Cars one.
The 80's one. Tried again today. Same thing. And that was right after doing both of the dailys and the promo run. 

Malyngo said:
Evilsmurf said:

I only do them for the credits. The leader board is meaningless.

When just doing them for the credits, I think the best way is to just crash your car right in the beginning (or just hit retire in the menu) and then do a Championship run instead.
This is I think the best credits/time ratio.

Very true, but I'm greedy and want all the credits I can get :) so I do Masters championship, all daily's and weekly's.

This weekly went great :) Bought the 037, drove all stages quite cleanly. Had a close call in the third stage (I think), the one with the big jump near the end. Landed a bit crooked and did a massive 720 slide. Luckily I didn't hit anyone or anything :) In the last stage near the end I punctured my front right tire, but but that didn't really slow me down too much. 
Also, maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel the Lancia 037 is easier to drive in the rain :D In the rain you anticipate slides, in the dry it's grip, grip, grip - snap oversteer and you're facing backwards :D

Yes, the 037 is really treacherous on dry tarmac... there seems to be a bug with it, apparently it has a front differential that messes up its handling. If you disable it in the config files, it's easier to control.

Yes, the 037 is really treacherous on dry tarmac... there seems to be a bug with it, apparently it has a front differential that messes up its handling. If you disable it in the config files, it's easier to control.
Is that allowed though?

Is that allowed though?
Probably not. Be interesting to know if the times get uploaded/saved after changing the config file. I know they don't if the tyre grip is altered.

I didn't try anything online with that, just a few custom events to try it out, restored the original files directly afterwards.

I just hope they'll either fix it, or if they don't, explain what's going on.

Well, in-game I'm leading the Lancia weekly by 10 seconds. But I'm nowhere to be found on the dirtgame leaderboards. Same problem as last week.

This is pissing me off now...