Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt weekly thread

Well, in-game I'm leading the Lancia weekly by 10 seconds. But I'm nowhere to be found on the dirtgame leaderboards. Same problem as last week.

This is pissing me off now...
it is annoying that the data which is very important is not being sorted. im not being dramatic but the whole point of racing/rallying is to get your positions and times.not getting it defeats any purpose in playing. rally is competitive. pls sort this out devs.its been long enough now.it should of been sorted.

Well the 037 has now been added to the 'hateful cars' list. So that's all the lancias in the game that I hate driving. 
I kinda like it. If you mess up, it's hard to sort out, but if you get it right, it's really nice to drive

Finished #17 of 1400 or so in the Lancia event, maybe I and the S4 can become friends after all. But how the hell was ji1 three minutes faster? I know I made a few mistakes and didn't push all too hard, but... three minutes?? Must be a Borg or something

What the heck? I just nailed pretty much every stage in Baumholder 2010s and I'm way down near the bottom of the bottom tier in every stage!?

I know I don't suck that much. I was driving the Mini WITHOUT the engine upgrades. I'm thinking they must add a LOT of performance to the car.
I like the idea of how your team learns more about the car to unlock its full potential, but maybe the performance gap needs to be a little closer. I think I'm running about 220bhp as opposed to the full 310bhp!

I hate River Severn Valley so much. It's just an endless succession of near invisible obstacles that makes the car go BOING.

I normally don't use the "save & exit"-cheese, but I'll openly admit I needed more than a handful of attempts just to crawl speed through that stage without a major accident.

foppaldo said:
I hate River Severn Valley so much. It's just an endless succession of near invisible obstacles that makes the car go BOING.

I normally don't use the "save & exit"-cheese, but I'll openly admit I needed more than a handful of attempts just to crawl speed through that stage without a major accident.
I sure know that feeling. I'm trying to resist the temptation to save & exit (oh please codies, remove that shit so we can compete on the same terms as the dailies), but on wales (and river severn in particular) I admit to rage-restarting stages.

On a happier not, I almost managed to snatch a top 50 placement with the lancia, which is a big step up from my usual last 50 placements in weekly :-)

I've decided to do weeklies and monthlies in "pure" mode from now on, no "save & quit" restarts for me. Anyone else doing it this way?

Well... I have to say, the 037 weekly was a disaster...

I just cant drive that car with default setups. I have a pretty good custom setup but I can use it only before service areas. If for some reason I have to save progress in hte middle of two stages, the just reloads custom setup for the car.

The other event, 4x4 B´s is another story... there you can find more "logical" cars. I´m still deciding if complete the event with S4 or the 205.

Ps.: I´m about to complete masters rally with the Sport Quattro; this car needs a lot of job... just feels weird.
Ps2.: However, I never tried the RS200 until yesterday and it was instant love. I really like this car. I´m looking forward to get it to 5/5 upgraded.

Yeah I feel the same about the 037, default setup is almost undriveable. I rather drive the unupgraded opel manta than the fully upgraded 037 if I can't set it up before. (But then I drove horribly in the manta anyways ;-) ).

Hadn't ran the S4 in a long time so I managed to spin it quite a few times and currently 4 minutes behind after four stages :-/

Im struggling with the 037 too. The wet roads wouldn't be that bad, but once you just tap the grass, it starts to slide. And my 200° wheel isn't making it easy keeping it going in a straight line :D I'm 36th after the 2nd event, but I feel, I could do a bit better.

The Group B AWD, on the other hand, is a joy to drive :D I think the 205 is my favorite car in the game currently. It's like a combination of the RS200 and the S4 - easy to drive as the Ford (which is slower), but fast as the Lancia (which is harder to drive).

I just finished the Peugeot 205 T16 evo 2, Wales rally, second place atm, but the system says I'm about 17 minutes behind o.O

I don't restart and drive cautiously. I am not going to spend more time on the weekly than a one-off run takes to be honest. I appreciate the up-front tone of this thread because I felt like times were off. Now I know why. Not that I was worried about placing high on the leaderboard. 

Spokster said:
I just finished the Peugeot 205 T16 evo 2, Wales rally, second place atm, but the system says I'm about 17 minutes behind o.O
Just did this weeks weeklys and noticed that too, like after 4th event my time was 22 minutes and it said first place was 10 minutes :D But that doesn't really change anything.
Regarding the weeklys. On the 60s weekly took the Fulvia. I'm not very good with the 60s cars anyway, so this was a good opportunity to get upgrades for the Fulvia. In the standings I came in almost exactly in the middle (currently 47th out of 96) :D 
In the 80s weekly took the Sierra, which also didn't have any upgrades. Did kinda well for a stock car (21st out of 110 for now).

Love the 60s cars, but hate Monte Carlo. Going to be an interesting weekly.

I'm going to use the other weekly to get my bimmer upgraded.

80's weekly - Not too bad driving, but of course the cheater just pulled away.

60's weekly - I need some serious practice on asphalt with the Mini. I lose heaps and heaps of time there. I'm the current leader thanks to some long sections of snow and ice, but a poor performance on the last stage saw the guy in second take a nice big bite of what little advantage I had...

...I might re-do this. Don't throw rocks at me!

omg did floorless run sweet lamb with fiesta 2010 being pretty smug last corner through water i clipped the metal gate on front of my car and it gave me a rear flat ! :#. gathers myself back together starts next welsh track and 2nd sector on a pretty simple run through i got another bacl flat ! FUUUUUU !

:D

dgeesi0 said:
omg did floorless run sweet lamb with fiesta 2010 being pretty smug last corner through water i clipped the metal gate on front of my car and it gave me a rear flat ! :#. gathers myself back together starts next welsh track and 2nd sector on a pretty simple run through i got another bacl flat ! FUUUUUU !

:D
"floorless"  Must have been difficult to drive.   :)

80's weekly - Not too bad driving, but of course the cheater just pulled away.

60's weekly - I need some serious practice on asphalt with the Mini. I lose heaps and heaps of time there. I'm the current leader thanks to some long sections of snow and ice, but a poor performance on the last stage saw the guy in second take a nice big bite of what little advantage I had...

...I might re-do this. Don't throw rocks at me!
too bad the online challenges are affected by cheaters.
do we know their identity or how they basically cheat? ( is the cheat on more powerful cars or does the cheat generally change the stage time?)

No idea. I knew some people took massive shortcuts, but Codemasters sorted that by planting iron bushes here and there. How the cheaters got around that... I have no idea. But Codies are aware of it at least, and they're hopefully figuring out ways to stop that as well.

most of the cheats are turbo acceleration and instant brakes. they arnt too hard to find .

• Super Acceleration
  • Super Brakes
  • Car Vault
  • Pause Timer
just checked that is still active. :/