Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt weekly thread

Regarding the current weekly in the 2010s:
- Does anyone have some tips setting up the Fiesta for Wales? The default setup handles like a boat. What can I do to make it more responsive?

foppaldo said:
- Does anyone have some tips setting up the Fiesta for Wales? The default setup handles like a boat. What can I do to make it more responsive?
I use this setup myself -

foppaldo said:

LOL... man, whats inside!! what about cambers, toes, antirolls, rebounds...???

OzoreXS said:
foppaldo said:

I don't touch that stuff because I don't understand it. :)

OzoreXS said:
foppaldo said:

I don't touch that stuff because I don't understand it. :)
No way... you must be kidding me! xD
Sir, if you dont touch nothing of that and your getting that times, you are kinda prodigy.

thats why copying players set ups would be amazing. find top guys time copy car set up try out.

it is supposedly being done. it would be a great addition to the game.

OzoreXS said:
No way... you must be kidding me! xD
Sir, if you dont touch nothing of that and your getting that times, you are kinda prodigy.
Well I'm not really a technical guy, so... the stuff in advanced setup just isn't for me. I know close to nothing about that stuff, in my Race07 online racing days I had to ask friends for better setups. Not sure what you mean by prodigy though... my english is good, but has its limits. ;)

Well I'm not really a technical guy, so... the stuff in advanced setup just isn't for me. I know close to nothing about that stuff..

These words remind me on this scene below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kej50wWCMTs

***  www.youtube.com/watch?v=kej50wWCMTs ***

Porkhammer you appear at min 1:59  :D

Everyone who has seen the movie knows what Im meaning  ;)

Well that's the first time somebody compared me to Tom Cruise.

Just finished my 2010 weekly. Backalley is absolutely mental in the Fiesta. If he hadn't had his accident on Oberstein, he'd be leading and not me. I lost 4 seconds on the final stage alone, but I'd like to think I backed off a little to finish the event... haha.

So let me get this straight, Pork, you do not use any advanced vehicle setup options at all?

foppaldo said:

Thanks a lot, Porkhammer! Just stiffening the front suspension helped a lot, and the car started turning when I turned the wheel, not half a second later! Then I ventured into the scary world of advanced setup settings and lowered the ride height. That helped even more.

Now the only problem is that the Fiesta is just too d*** fast for me, so I'm missing the apex and go flying into the trees. I probably need another 400 hours of practice. 

foppaldo said:

Thanks a lot, Porkhammer! Just stiffening the front suspension helped a lot, and the car started turning when I turned the wheel, not half a second later! Then I ventured into the scary world of advanced setup settings and lowered the ride height. That helped even more.

Now the only problem is that the Fiesta is just too d*** fast for me, so I'm missing the apex and go flying into the trees. I probably need another 400 hours of practice. 
Fiesta is actuall quite slow, compared to other cars, it tops out at about 180km/h (maybe a bit more). With an almost stock Sierra I got to 215hm/h before I had to break for a corner. It has great brakes and suspension, but not really speed

Phorkz
said:
So let me get this straight, Pork, you do not use any advanced vehicle setup options at all?
It could help a lot, if you know, what you're doing or it could make things worse, if you don't.

Phorkz said:
Not if I can help it, no. I did experiment on the 037 once with the help of ji1, but in my opinion the changes didn't affect the handling or performance enough for me to see it as an advantage.

Phorkz said:
Not if I can help it, no. I did experiment on the 037 once with the help of ji1, but in my opinion the changes didn't affect the handling or performance enough for me to see it as an advantage.
Advantages, advantages everywhere...

Think about a low powered car (60´s,70´s...) at Montecarlo uphills. I can assure you (i.e.) a shorter final gearbox gives you a big advantage vs stock ratio. There you dont need 180km/h top speed on these cars. The gain in acceleration is outstanding.

Another one: try your preferred group B car at germany with dry conditions. first with stock camber, like -0.30 front and -0.20 rear and then put -1.10 front and -0.90 rear. Tell me if theres not a huge improve in lateral grip during turns :wink: 

I think it deserves to be studied a bit. It gives you some benefits (when things are well done xD), brings you the possibility to inject some "personality" to the car and, why not, it extends the playability

I´d like to share with all of you a little guide I made few days ago. Sorry it´s in spanish :( ... but here we are many spanish fans of this game!
http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=4511880

It's down to peoples driving style as well, Ozore. There are people that perform better with standard camber and toe-in and whatever.

Well, having finished the Group B weekly... I did, for a change, venture a little bit into the advanced setup for the 205 T16 - but only on the rear differential as it had a value that caused the car to understeer upon corner entry. I've always hated it when that happened, but now I know the cause. As a result I smashed every single one of my PB's into oblivion. So thanks @OzoreXS ;)

@Porkhammer  , seriously? LOL
My "irony" radar does not work in english hehehe. If I understood well you got better times now, wich is good!

I´m quite sure if you use some certain setup points (properly) you will be the fastest driver here. I mean always. No doubt about it.

BTW, just curious, what did you tweak? did you use my guide?

OzoreXS said:
BTW, just curious, what did you tweak? did you use my guide?

...but only on the rear differential as it had a value that caused the car to understeer upon corner entry...
;)

70's weekly was hard work, had to drive right on the limit to gain any kind of advantage... I could only relax (as in 90% instead of 100%) on the final two stages after a hard push on Sweet Lamb. I'm happy to be on top after that.

F2 weekly... wow. Not the kind of wow you'd expect though... I won the first stage with ten seconds. Then, on the second stage, I was a bit overconfident and pushed it too hard and kinda fell off the track. That's when I noticed there's no save and quit option! I was like :open_mouth: and then :smiley: at this discovery! Thank you, Codemasters! So .. I actually had to retire. However, it does let me reset the event, which kind of renders the whole thing pointless in my view. It gives me another chance, after all. I'll take that later though...

But hey, almost on the right track, Codemasters!

@dgeesi0 Then the jokes on the people wanting my setups, as I use default 99% of the times!

EDIT: Thank heavens for that save and exit button after SS2... Perasma Platani. My favourite greek stage by far, but at night time? Not so much. Some 7 seconds off my PB, but luckily extending my lead. I'm expecting @Rallycameraman to bite hard on the remaining asphalt stages, so this great start helps.

This whole removal of save and exit midstage is awesome! I avoided any major risks and stayed on the road to avoid crashing. A sigh of relief after the finish on the final stage sealed the deal.

Please codies, apply this thing on the other weekly as well! It makes stuff so much more interesting.

you know what would be a great thing and make it more interesting ?

when its a daily , weekly the event its on is locked off . so you cant practice.

so you go in fresh unpracticed a million times.

dgeesi0 said:
you know what would be a great thing and make it more interesting ?

when its a daily , weekly the event its on is locked off . so you cant practice.

so you go in fresh unpracticed a million times.
Locking an event to prevent practice is a bit drastic. They could just hide the stages and cars instead so one is forced to enter it blind.